What Hurts The Most

Chapter 2

Sophias POV:

"Where are we going?" I asked while looking out the window. All I saw was fields. Fields of tall grass.

"You'll see, we are almost there," Zacky said reaching over and putting his hand on my knee.
I turned my head and smiled at him and then leaning over and giving him a kiss on the cheek.
After about 10 more minutes of driving he pulled over on the side of the road. He got out and came over to my side and opened the door. I got out and looked around.
I saw nothing. Only more fields of grass.

"Where the hell are we? We aren't gonna get killed are we?" I asked looking around.

"No we aren't gonna get killed. Now come on!" He said grabbing my hand. We stepped over some bobbed wire and onto one of the many fields of grass, just this field looked like it gets cut.
Zacky let go of my hand and started running.

"Zacky!" I yelled and ran after him. We ran for about a minute and we came across a worn down shack with a white fence around it and a old blue Ford pick up truck in the front. I looked at him and smiled.
This was where we first met. Matt threw a party here 7 years ago and brought Zacky, I thought he was the hottest thing God has ever made.

"Remember this?" he whispered in my ear while wrapping his arms around my waist. I nodded and kissed his cheek.
I got out of his grip and ran for the truck, jumping on the hood of it. He came shortly after and sat next to me.

"I remember sitting right here, with a beer in my hand and thinking 'Who is that chick and what is her name?'," He said pointing over to the steps of the worn down shack. I smiled, remembering that night.

I looked over at him and pecked his lips. Then I jumped off the truck and got in because the wind was making me cold.
He got off the front of it and got into the drivers side.
I leaned my head back, starring out the windshield. He put his arm around my neck and looked at me.

"Whats wrong?" he asked.
I moved and placed my legs under me so I was sitting Indian style.
"Huh?" he asked again.

I sat there, looking at the floor.
"Do you ever think about the future," I said still staring at the floor.
"What do you see?" I asked looking over at him.

"What do you see?" he said rubbing my shoulder with a cocky grin on his face.

"No, I'm serious," I said looking deeper into his eyes.
There was silence as he looked out the window and I started to get nervous.
"You. I see you," he said turning back to me.

A big smile grew on my face as he looked into my eyes. I knew he meant it and wasn't just saying it because it was something I wanted to hear.
I pushed my lips against his and kissed him with the more passion then I ever have. I pulled away and giggled. He went to kiss me again, but I slid over to the door and opened it, jumping out.

"What do you see?" he yelled as I slammed the door.

...But I know if I could do it over
I would trade give away
all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken...