Wild Horses

Found Out

Slowly, it seemed, the winter dragged on. December faded away and soon the year had changed, causing the Dawns, the Bakers, and Brian to say hello to eighteen-hundred and ninety-six. Treva couldn't believe all the time that had passed since she and her parents had left their New York City home to live on the ranch with people who were like family to her already, with the exception of Zach of course.

As the winter grew colder, Treva felt it was just too unbearable for her to handle. She began spending more and more time inside with Maria and Clarisse, finding little things to help them with around the ranch house. Mostly she helped with the cooking and leaning, picking up after the boys made their messes coming in from the barn. That was the only other place Treva would venture during the cold winter days. It was warm in the barn and she'd often go there to visit the horses. Sometimes Zach would be out there, and she would join him, savoring their private moments together. Treva couldn't wait til the day it would be suitable to tell their parents they were together and in love; Zach couldn't wait either. They were both sick of having to hide their love, with having to meet in private just to share a kiss or two. Little did they know they wouldn't have to hide for much longer.

Treva was sat in the luxurious arm chair in her room, deep into the book Zach's parents had given her for Christmas. She was surprised she hadn't already finished it, but with her helping out with chores, she found she had less spare time than she would have.

When Treva would read, she realized that she'd get very much immersed in the lives of the characters and what they were going through. So much so that oftentimes she'd forget the world around her until someone called for her or she heard a startling noise nearby.

Hearing the door to her room close abruptly was enough to knock her from her reading one day in early February.

Looking up she came face to face with Zach who was stood with his back against the door he'd just passed through. There was a sparkle in his bright green eyes, an impish grin on his lips as he looked down at her.

"What is it?" Treva asked with a smile. Zach did nothing but take the few steps separating them and lean down to her upturned face. Without a word he placed his lips against Treva's gently pulling the book from her hands and setting it on the bedside table seated between the chair and the bed. He pulled her up to him, lips still fused to Treva's as her arms ventured up around his shoulders.

Hands on Treva's hips, Zach slowly guided her as he moved backwards toward the bed. His tongue lightly nudged Treva's lip, making his silent request known, and she happily obliged, her tongue coming out to meet his as the kiss deepened.

Slowly Zach sat down on the edge of the bed, pulling Treva as close as he could manage to get her as he kissed her with all the passion he could muster in that one moment. Feeling him nip at her bottom lip Treva moaned, fingers tightening around the locks of Zach's hair she'd tangled them in. She could feel the way he was still pulling her toward him and parted her lips from Zach's before making her way to his lap, her legs resting on either side of his.

Breathing heavier than usual Treva leaned back a little from Zach, looking deep into his eyes.

"I love you," she whispered, heart pounding as Zach lightly rubbed her back. He swallowed hard, his heart pounding just as violently against his ribs as Treva's was. He knew exactly how he felt about Treva. And he was going to tell her.

"I love you, too," he whispered against her lips, kissing her once before he pulled away, licking his lips. Treva smiled, causing Zach to mirror her before she leaned in and kissed him with much force. She could die in this very moment and she wouldn't mind--she had Zach, and that was all that mattered to her.

Tongues battling in passion once more, Treva pushed her body more onto Zach's, her hips lowering against his. Zach squeezed her hips harder in his grip, not meaning to hurt her if he did, and a groan slipped past his own lips. Had his eyes been open Zach was sure they'd have rolled into the back of his head.

Suddenly the door to Treva's room opened.

"Treva, could--" Maria began until she saw the way her son and Treva were situated on the bed.

Quickly Treva pulled away from Zach, backing off the bed and toward the wall. It was the fastest she'd ever moved in her life, she was sure.

Maria was still speechless as she stood in the doorway. She'd had some idea that something was going on between her son and Treva, but she wasn't expecting to see them in such a state.

"Maria, I...we...we weren't..." Treva stuttered, looking to Zach for help. Maria only smiled.

"I think you most certainly were," she said with a chuckle and Treva blushed. "There's nothing to be ashamed of. I knew something was bound to happen when you moved here with your parents, Treva," she added. "If you want to be together, than you should; I suggest you tell your parents as well. I'm sure they'll be delighted. "And with that, Maria forgot all about what she had come to speak to Treva about, and hurried down the stairs with the smile still on her lips.

Zach sighed deeply and looked up at Treva once they were alone. Slowly he began to laugh, holding his arms out for Treva to fall into as she laughed as well. Kissing her cheek, Zach held her against his body in a warm embrace.

Treva smiled. It felt much better knowing one of the adults knew of their love for each other, and she decided that later that night she would tell her own parents, would make her love for this young man known to everyone.