‹ Prequel: Milestones: Teenagers

Milestones: Commitment

The Last Night

In the blink of an eye, it seemed, months had passed. There was so much planning going on that the date of the wedding crept up on Brian and Michelle almost without them even realizing. Everything was all set and in order, from the venues to the dresses to the cake and the flowers. They were well prepared, and Michelle was actually really glad that most of their waiting had come to an end. Her excitement had grown between the time Brian had proposed to the week before the wedding, and Michelle wasn't sure she could handle it anymore. She wanted it to be closer...

"So...the big day is tomorrow," Val said excitedly as she and Michelle headed toward the car, leaving the bridal shower that had taken place at their parent's house (their father not attending, of course). Michelle had only had one shot of tequila after much egging on by her friends and family in attendance, and had gone through various gifts. From her mother and Brian's mother she had received practical gifts, like things she and Brian would need once they found a new apartment, while Val and the rest of Michelle's friends stuck to the racier things like negligees and dirty toys. Needless to say, the blush never really left Michelle's cheeks the entire night.

"I know," Michelle groaned, leaning her head back into the headrest of the passenger seat as Val started the car. Val was driving her back to the house she shared with Matt while Brian would be staying at Zach's after the bachelor party.

"Is it weird that I've been anxious and excited about this ever since he proposed, but now that it's tomorrow I feel really nervous?" she asked with a sigh as she closed her eyes. Val chuckled.

"Nah. It's totally normal. I mean...tomorrow is like the first day of the rest of your life. As long as you don't feel like you suddenly don't want to do this, then we're fine."

"I definitely still want to marry Brian. I have no worries about that. It's just...I'm getting married, you know? Brian won't just be my boyfriend anymore.... He'll be my husband. I'm about to sign up to spend the rest of my life with him," Michelle rambled on. "What if things don't work out in the end? What if we're married ten years, pop out a couple of kids, and then...that's it? I'm terrified of getting a divorce. I want this to be a forever thing, you know?"

Val smiled, keeping her eyes on the road as she listened to her sister.

"You know what, Michi? I know when you want something you go after it, and you won't give it up. If there are ever times in your marriage where things get difficult, and I know there will be...you and Brian will find a way to make it work. He worked way too hard getting you back. The only way he'll ever lose you again is if...one of you dies or something like that," Val said with a chuckle, rolling her eyes. "And even that, that shouldn't be for another sixty years or something. Everything is going to be perfect."

"Really?" Michelle asked with a smile, her sister's words calming the nervous churning in her stomach. Receiving a nod from Val, she leaned back again, content.

"Man...that was great," Brian said, finishing the last of his beer as the rest of the guests at the party finally left, leaving him alone with his band mates and best friends. "Fuckin'...tomorrow," he nearly groaned, leaning back and rubbing his eyes as he tried to hold back a yawn.

"How do you feel about throwing the rest of your single years away? And so young..." Zacky mocked, brushing away fake tears.

"Nah, dude.... Call me crazy but...I'm really fuckin' excited about tomorrow."

"Crazy wasn't really the word I had in mind," Jimmy said with a laugh, earning a questioning glance from Brian, begging him to continue. "I was thinking more along the lines of queer. Only one girl for either the rest of your life or until you break it off? Come on..." he laughed.

"Dude. I'm not breaking this off. Ever. Like...I've tried way too hard to get her back after screwing up. I know what I'm like when I don't have Michelle..." Brian said, and Jimmy rolled his eyes. "And besides. I don’t' think the fact that I get to have sex with a gorgeous girl whenever I want until I can't get it up makes me a queer." With that, Brian broke into a fit of drunk giggles, just thinking about the day his sex life would inevitably end.

"You already have sex whenever you want. I don't think it's really going to change," Matt pointed out. Brian just waved him away.

"You wait til the night before your wedding, and then we'll talk."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but eh...it happens haha

I"M BA--AAACKK!!!!

<3