Status: Done :)

They say love is blind, or is it just me?

Chapter thirty one

Part thirty one:

"What are you talking about!? " My eyes got big. He sighed. "See.. that’s exactly what I meant.. I don’t know much.. I’ve been getting threats.. I went to the police already.. they don’t know much either.. they’re trying to figure it out. But my agent’s been getting some as well, for me that is.. " My breath caught in my throat. "Are they.. threat’s on your life? " I managed to stammer out. I felt him nod. "Among them yeah.. " My mouth fell open. "Oh jesus.. you say it like it’s nothing! " He wrapped his arms around me even tighter, obviously seeing I was about to cry. "Hey.. relax.. I know it’s hard.. but I’ve been trying to as well. I’ve cancelled everything in the coming month.. Look at it from the bright side.. I’m able to spend a lot more time with you! " He said trying to make me laugh. I blinked a few times and sighed deeply. "Wow.. " I whispered, still trying to take in the news. "Chase.. come on.. breathe.. Think about it.. I’m safest here, the grounds are surrounded by fences and I asked the neighbourhood watch to check the gate when they pass by.. For once.. I’m not going to do anything stupid okay.. ? " I nodded weakly. "You better not.. " I found my voice again, slowly.. but it came back. "I swear to you.. you’re not leaving this house.. " I leant back in his chest and closed my eyes. He nodded. "Fine with me.. as long as you’re here.. I’m okay with being imprisoned.. "

~A week later~
Everyone else just left to bring Kink to the airport. I was keeping my promise to Bam, if he can’t leave.. neither can I. I said goodbye here at the house. Everyone knew about the situation we were in now, they were all scared for Bam. So was I.. still.. I knew it was beginning to get to him. He isn’t the type for this.. he’s supposed to be out, doing god knows what, and a million more things. I’ve been trying to come up with things for us to do.. but somehow it just doesn’t help anymore.. We both feel it’s forced, and keep thinking about what’s happening outside. The police still had nothing.

Bam was taking a shower when the phone rang. I squinted my eyes shut. "Just.. leave us alone.. " I mumbled to myself. The ringing continued. A sudden fury overtook me and I picked up the phone. "What! " I hissed. "What the fuck more could you want! " It was silent for a moment before a low chuckle was heard. "I want what’s coming to me sweetheart, I want what I deserve.. " I cringed, we shouldn’t be answering the phone, but I just couldn’t help it. It pained me to see Bam like this. "Just leave us alone.. We didn’t do anything to you! If you want money, I’ll give it to you.. just leave us alone.. " I felt tears fill my eyes. "And that’swhere you’re wrong! He stole my future from me! He stole my dream! It’s only fair that I steal his.. " Then, he hung up. I let myself fall on the floor and cried. I just wanted this to be over.. I wanted to help Bam get rid of the pain it was causing him. "Chase? Chase! What happened!? " I heard Bam storm down the stairs. I hiccuped from the crying. "No-nothing.. " I tried to steady my breathing when I suddenly realised something. "Bam! He, he called.. And I, he.. " I felt myself start to hyper ventilate. "Shh, okay.. breathe with me.. ok Babe? " He inhaled deeply and slowly let it out, I tried to synchronize mine. After about five minutes I finally could speak again. "Bam.. he said something.. it might help. I think you know him.. " He stayed silent for a moment, his hands were still resting on my shoulders. "What do you mean? " He finally said. His voice was unsteady and sounded weak. "He said you stole his future and his dream.. He found it only fair that he’d steal yours. " The next thing I heard was Bam dialling his cellphone. "Bam Margera speaking.. is officer Twain in? " He paused. "Thank you. " I kept inhaling deeply. This was just too much drama. "Dennis, it’s Bam.. something happened.. "

In the next few minutes Bam explained what the guy had said to me and the police once again tried to trace the call. As expected, again no luck. They did have a lead as to where to start searching now. I actually felt usefull now. "Please Chase.. just.. never pick up the phone again ok? Not until all this is over. I don’t want you talking to that creap.. no one should.. " I nodded. "Ok.. but, it helped right? I helped.. " I couldn’t help but feel like a little girl. But I just needed some form of confirmation. He chuckled softly and pressed his forehead to mine. "I hope it did Chase.. I do.. " I opened my eyes. God, at moments like these, where the tension was so thick I could feel it.. I wish I could see him. "Let’s just go upstair huh? Want to help me edit some movie footage? " I nodded and jawned. "Sure..why not.. " He laughed and helped me up. "How the hell can you be tired right now? We just got up about an hour ago! " I shrugged, trying to steady myself. "it’s a gift.. " I said yawning again. He laughed at my behaviour. "What! " I protested. "Doing nothing can make you sleepy you know.. "

When everyone got back we explained what happened with the phonecall and they all tried to think of anything to have it make more sense. I sighed. "I wish they would just call with the news they’ve caught him.. " I felt Bam wrap his arms around me. "Me too.. " The guys mumbled. I leant into Bam’s body and closed my eyes again, determined to make the whole situation into a dream. "I love you.. " I whispered. He just squeezed me tight in answer.. that was enough for me.

Weeks flew by and I was getting worse by the minute. Somehow, I was taking this a lot harder than Bam was.. or at least showing it differently. I told him millions of times that he doesn’t need to be strong for me.. that I’m just as scared.. But all he’ll say is that he’s scared too.. no emotion in it, whatsoever. I really think he’s doing it for me, trying to get me to calm down. I just wish it’d work.

"Bam! Doorbell! " I yelled up to the office. He’d locked himself in there to edit material he had lying around. He did everything to keep himself busy and not think about the situation at hand. I knew my way to the door just fine but being blind and all, I didn’t like opening it. Especially with the current problems. Bam came shuffling down and opened the door, not saying a word as he passed me. "Uh.. can I help you? " He sounded really confused all of a sudden. "Yes, I do believe you can mister Margera.. I’m Connor, a new force on the squad here in WestChester. I was stationed New York until a few months ago.. and I’m not afraid to say this has got me a lot of experience concerning cases like yours.. "
By now, I had made my way towards the door, curious to hear what this was about. "Cases like mine.. " Bam retorted sceptically. He’d lost hope over the few weeks.. I felt it. "Yes sir.. Is it alright if I come in for a second? I brought some files for you to look at.. " Bam stepped aside. "Sure.. sure.. Come on in.. " He mumbled, a bit dazed.

I heard Bam lay down yet another folder and I was beginning to grow frustrated. "What’s going on!? " I couldn’t hide the frustration in my voice. Bam squeezed my hand, apologizing I guess. "These folders show previous cases ma’am. Cases where celebrities where threatened by a person close to them, in any way possible. I believe that this is a similar situation. It would seem fitting to the remark of ruining this person’s future. Which he claimed mister Margera did. " I swallowed hard at this load of information. "I’d like a list of possible subjects.. Do you have enemy’s mister Margera? "

Would there finally be some progress?
♠ ♠ ♠
Just cause I love you guys.. and I finally think I've got a way to go on this one..
And besides.. maybe the pressure of not being ahead with chapters will get me to work harder ;)
yes, I'm stressing myself out for this story's sake! :P Go me
Hope you like it :)
-XoXO

I do realise my chapters are getting shorter by the way.. But this way I'll be able to update more frequently, instead of struggling to get five pages full. Hope you'll understand :)