Status: Done :)

They say love is blind, or is it just me?

Chapter forty four

Part forty four:

"I feel like a newborn baby.. " I muttered looking at the scenery that wizzed by when Bam drove me home. He laughed but didn’t say anything. Without taking my gaze from the window I knew he was looking at me. "It might come in handy you know.. watching the road.. " He chuckled again. "You’re not going to lose the freaky senses aren’t you? " I smiled and looked at him. "I’d hope not.. I’m going to need those to stay one step ahead of you.. " He smiled. "Want to surprise the others? " He suddenly asked. I raised an eyebrow. "I kind of left suddenly.. they don’t know where I went.. nor that I’m bringing you home already.. " I smirked. "Why not.. I’m curious to see their reaction. " It was silent for a sec. "My god, I just used a sentence with see in it.. " I mused. He laughed heartedly. "Better get used to it babe, cause you’re going to be seeing a lot more.. " I looked at him again. He caught me looking but quickly focused on the road again. I just kept looking, I was never going to forget this, him.

"You stay in the car okay.. just.. come running after a while. " I chuckled. "You’ve done better surprises than that you know.. " He scratched his head and grinned. "Yeah, well.. i’m still a little shocked myself.. so sue me.. " He looked at me again and kissed me before getting out of the car. He’d gotten tinted windows on his mercedes recently, so the others wouldn’t see me.

~Bam’s POV~
I was walking like a fool, or at least it felt that way. I couldn’t believe how the woman I loved was behind me in the car, watching me.. it was more than I ever hoped for. My entire body felt numb and over sensitive at the same time.. I can hardly explain it.

Shouting tore me away from my thoughts. "Bam, dude.. where did you speed off to!? Aren’t visiting hours starting soon? We should visit Cassie! " Dunn yelled taking the lead. I smiled. "I just went to pick up a surprise.. " Drea appeared. "For who? Cassie..? when are her bandages going off anyway? " I was just about to answer when I heard the cardoor slam behind me and saw several mouths falling open.

I turned around to see Chase running towards us. She jumped into my arms with the biggest smile on her face.

~Drea’s POV~
It was like one of those cliché movie scenes.. where the male and female lead are running towards each other in a meadow of flowers? Yeah.. exactly.. They looked so intensely happy that it even gave me goosebumps. She radiated joy.. more than ever, when she was with Bam. When she removed her head from the crook of his neck, she focussed on us. I think this is the first time in years.. that the guys were all silent, including me.. "Gosh Raabit.. you grew up.. " She whispered, looking at Raab to begin with. He chuckled, emotion audible in his voice. "Fuck Cassie.. " He stepped forward and pretty much tackled her in a bear hug. Cassies ringing laugh came as the others followed suit, having her end up under a pile of bodies. Both me and Bam stood watching, he was amused, I was just nervous. I felt Bam softly push me forwards and I shot him a glare over my shoulder. I didn’t notice Cassie crawl out from under the guys until I felt her hand in mine and stiffened. She smiled at me and pulled me along as she started running. I was just going to ask where we were going when she pushed me down in the middle of the grass. She sat before me, legs crossed, and just stared.

~Your POV~
I wanted to take it all in, there was so much to see! I never thought Drea would look like this, but now that I saw her, I knew it suited her perfectly. It probably won’t make sense, a lot of what I’m thinking.. but it’s so hard to explain things when you’re this overwhelmed.. I smiled at her confused face. "What are you afraid of Dre? You’ll always be my best friend.. " I put one hand on her knee as I tried to reassure her.

~Bam’s POV~
We all looked at the two girls, best friends, sitting in the middle of the backyard. I smiled. I don’t think anyone truly enjoys life the way Chase does.. She doesn’t take anything for granted. She was given her sight back and she’s enjoying it to the fulles extent. Her eyes sparkled and showed more emotion now that they had something to register around them. "So miracles are possible.. " Novak mumbled. I laughed. "Yeah.. I guess they are.. " I turned and made my way to the front door. "Let’s give them some time alone.. god knows Drea needs it.. " The others followed silently, glancing over their shoulder now and then.

~Your POV~
He laughed and leant in to kiss me again. "Any chance of you getting sick of this anytime soon? " He asked. "Not really no.. " I smiled back. We were laying on the couch, me on his chest, studying his face. I never noticed, before I went blind, how he smiles with his entire face. His mouth twitches up, the wrinkles near his nose, his eyes join in.. and then the sparkle. That’s how you can see that he’s for real.. that tiny sparkle. Mid studies, I got torn away from my thoughts as I felt something wet on my cheek. I turned, competely grossed out and saw the friendliest dog ever. "DEMON! " I screeched. "How could I forget you!! " I launched myself at the creature and wrapped my arms around him. He happily joined in on the playfight that was developing and tried to jump on me. "Oh my god, he’s so pretty! " I whispered, stroking his fur. Bam, who was still sitting on the couch, pat his head a few times. "I think he notices the change in you.. he’s usually really careful.. " I looked at the big dog head and smiled. "I think he does too.. " I pressed my lips to the spot between his ears and got a happy bark as an answer.

That evening, after a long process of getting to know everyone again, we sat at the table, waiting for April to come out of the kitchen, carrying dinner. She said she was making a feast, in celebration of me.. I didn’t care what she gave me.. I was just curious what it would look like..
"Would you stop looking at me..? " I mumbled shifting my fork around. Bam’s eyes hadn’t left my being since this afternoon. I guess he’s just returning the favour of me staring at him for so long. "Nope.. " He grinned. "Cassie’s blushing! " Drea yelled triumphantly. My head shot up and I glared at her, god that felt good. "Shut up Dre.. " I mumbled. "It’s so awesome, now you actually get to feel awkward too! " She laughed. Yeah.. she had finally gotten used to me being able to see her, and I assured her enough times that me being able to see wasn’t going to change a thing about the relationship we shared.

After dinner, Bam pulled me upstairs. We were saluted by cat calls and all sorts of dirty jokes. I just smiled and let him drag me. I didn’t care anymore.. I just liked being alone with him. When we got upstairs, he didn’t go into our room as I expected him to do. From all those walks around the house, I was pretty sure it was the first door on the right.. Instead he took me all the way down the hall, stopping at the last door.. the bathroom. I raised an eyebrow at him. He smiled and kissed my forehead, holding me close for a second before letting go. "I just realised something.. " He said twisting the doorknob slowly. "You’ve seen everything there is to see today, I don’t think a single thing escaped your eyes.. but you forgot the most important part.. " He swung the door open in one swift motion and pulled me in. I was speechless. There, in the tiniest bathroom in the house, in the floorlength mirror.. was my reflection..
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been one hell of a week, that's for sure..

Thanks for all those comments, it really makes me feel better when I know you guys appreciate what I'm doing.
I hope this chapter will do the same for you as writing it did for me.. :)

Love,