Status: Done :)

They say love is blind, or is it just me?

Chapter fifty six

Chapter fifty six:

"Hey babe.. " Bam whispered, slowly stepping into bed that night. I chuckled. "You don’t even care if I’m already sleeping do you? " He grinned. "Hey babe.. " I said with a smile. "How was filming? " He shrugged lightly. "It was okay, the song is really cool, but the lighting company Frantz hired is absolute crap.. I nearly lost my voice, yelling at them all day.. " I smirked. "Wouldn’t want that.. " I murmured, pecking him on the lips. He deepened the kiss and pulled me on top of him, not going any further than that. Wouldn’t have expected him to actually, I’d be tired too after a day like that. "Oh.. " I mumbled between kisses, trying to prop myself up on his chest. "Whaa.. " He said lazily, trying to pull me back down. "It’s about Jazmin.. " I got out before he kissed me again. This one lasted a little shorter as he registered I’d said something about his daughter. He broke away and looked at me expectantly. "Well? " I laughed. "Now you can stop kissing me? " He grinned sheepishly. "I’ve been talking with Ape today.. " I started, making myself comfortable on his chest. "Well that can never result in anything good.. " He mumbled, tracing figures on my hips. I lightly slapped his arm as he chuckled. "Uncalled for.. We talked about baptism.. " I waited for a reaction, none came. I looked up and met a confused face. He looked so much like a kid it made me smile. "April told me it’s sort of been a tradition in your family. I think it’s worth continuing.. " Bam didn’t look to keen on the idea. "I’m not the type to go sit in church babe, nor do I have the time for it.. " He said with a sour face. I laughed. "I’m not asking you to Bam. I’m not big on religion either.. but if it’s a tradition I don’t see why not. It’s something to honour, we can officially give her, her birthname, and this way she can decide what she wants to do when she gets older. It’s a foundation, and ok.. a onetime church visit. " Bam took his time to answer again. "I guess.. " Was all that came out. I looked up again and saw him frown. "Bam, I’m not telling you to do anything.. it’s a suggestion. If you’re not okay with it, we won’t do it, simple as that. " He nodded. "No, I guess I’m cool with it, as long as no regular church visits are involved.. I remember being thrilled to reach the age where I could decide for myself if I wanted to go.. which I didn’t.. " I chuckled at his memory. I could almost see April trying to drag a little Bam out the house to church, Bam holding firmly to his bedpost like in the cartoons. "But I’m cool with that, continuing the tradition.. I guess it counts for something.. " He concluded. That made me smile. "Good.. "

The next morning, Bam left early again. I was woken up by Jazmin’s crying and I went to feed her. As soon as I picked her up from the crib, she quieted down again. "Ahh.. " I said smiling. "A little attention is enough? " She gurgled happily and rubbed her cheek to mine like a little kitten. "What do you think about visiting daddy today, huh? " I said kissing the little girl in my arms. She just looked up at me with big eyes. "I’m just going to take that as a yes.. "

I stepped out of the Mercedes, I’d borrowed for the occasion, and walked up to the big crowd of people out on this massive field. Jazmin was safely tucked inside my arms, looking at everything that passed around her. I had forgotten how little she’d actually seen besides the surroundings of our house. Judging from the relaxed atmosphere that hung around the group of people, I figured it was lunchbreak or something. My suspicion was confirmed when I saw Bam conversing with Jussi near one of the camera’s. "Hey daddy.. " I said smiling, approaching the two men. Bam turned around with a smile and met us halfway. "Hey baby.. " He said happily, pecking me on the lips. "Other baby.. " He grinned kissing Jazmin on her forehead. I smiled. "Hope it’s okay we came by? The house was getting rather empty.. " He nodded. "Yeah sure.. We don’t have that much to do anymore anyway. Just keep Jaz away once we film though.. If she starts crying we’ll have to shoot again, and while we’re ahead on schedule, that’s not something I want happening. I rolled my eyes but smiled. "Always the professional.. " I turned to Jussi, who was trying to get Jazmin to grab one of his drumsticks, but she just swatted at them. I smirked. "You want to hold her, Jussi? " He looked taken aback. "Uhh.. no.. better not.. " I raised an eyebrow. "I’m scared I’ll break her! " he wailed. I chuckled. "It’s not that hard, come here.. " I sat him down on one of the lawnchairs nearby and put Jazmin in his lap, adjusting her head on his arm. "Huh.. " He mused, playing with her hands a little. She just laid there a little stunned. "Oh.. " I laughed. "She’s probably not used to the feel of your leather jacket.. " And indeed, after a minute or so, Jazmin started responding to Jussi’s movement and they had the best of fun with each other. I smiled and walked off to find Bam again, trusting Jussi with Jaz for the time being. With the way things were going, he wouldn’t even notice my absence.

I wrapped my arms around his waist, watching with him on the monitor from under his arm. He chuckled and put his hands over mine. He was watching a bit they’d just shot before we came over, it looked amazing. The filter on the camera made the dark forest on the background look really eerie, while it really was a nice park. "Where’s Jaz? " Bam asked, turning around. "With jussi.. " I mumbled, leaning on my toes to kiss him softly. "Even the over-sexed drummer isn’t immune to baby powers. " I grinned against his lips. That made Bam chuckle and we turned towards the place were Jussi sat. It now had a large group of people, crowding around his chair, vying for Jazzie’s attention. "No one is.. " Bam said with a loud laugh. "Come on, let’s rescue our daughter from gothic overload.."

Jazmin and me left shortly after we’d been able to pry her away from the goth men crowding the set. That night, when Bam came home, we laid in bed discussing the baptism again. "I think we should Ape set things up.. " Bam proposed. I nodded. "I agree.. " He was silent for a second. "Well, that was easy.." He said stunned. I laughed. "Don’t look so surprised. We both reckognize the value of this tradition, but neither of us know exactly what comes with planning something like that.. Plus, April will love organizing the party that comes with it.. " I felt Bam nod and sigh at the same time. "True, so true.. "

Well.. we were right about April’s enthusiasm. A mere two weeks later, we exited the church with a newly baptised baby in our arms. The sun was shining brightly and the sight of Jazmin with her short black hair and her white baptism dress just made me smile beyond belief. "let’s go to the lake! " Bam suggested, doging a slap from Dunn who’d come along to celebrate this with us, as had Novak. I looked at him. "We don’t have towels or anything. We need sunscreen for Jazmin, Bam.. " He sighed and lead me to the car. "That’s why were passing by the house first! "

That’s what we did. We successfully dodged April’s impromptu baptism party (a lot of her friends had shown up) and went off to the lake nearby. When we arrived, Bam, Novak and Dunn almost immediately sprinted off to the water, leaving me and Jaz to set up camp. I smiled at their childish behaviour and placed Jazmin’s seat under the parasol. "That leaves me and you kid.. get used to it.. " I laughed. I got out the sunscreen and started rubbing some on her cheeks and nose. Avoiding celebratory spitbubbles along the way.

I’d been sunbathing for a while now, Jazmin fell asleep, when I heard Bam shout my name. "Hey babe, look! " His shout woke up Jazmin and I took her in my lap as both Novak and Dunn advanced on him. Both boys dumped Bam under water until the point where he nearly drowned. I was just about to yell at them when he came back up again. "Maniac baptism! " They repeated the gesture and I shook my head repeatedly. "Your father’s sick in the head kid.. " I said looking down at the little girl in my arms. She was too busy looking at her father and his friends to even notice my talking. I saw in nearly every one of her actions that she was happy. She seemed to enjoy her little life to the fullest and started investigating everything even more now that she grew older. Adopted or not, I honestly believed she inherited Bam’s curiosity already. I looked up at the sound of a splash, Bam and Novak had now turned on Dunn, annoying the hell out of a few people around them. "He’s the walking example of the fact that love is blind, isn’t he baby? Well, atleast I wasn’t the only blind one in this relationship.. "
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this is it.. the last chapter of "They say love is blind, or is it just me?"

I'm going to write an epilogue to this story because I have a few loose ends I want to tie in that one.. but other than that, this story is over and done with.

It actually feels good, 228 pages in word is more than enough in my eyes, more than I expected in the first place.

I'm okay with how this ending turned out, better than I'd initially thought.. I hope you guys feel the same (let me know in a comment or something :) )

(Im)Mature
That's the summary for my new Bam story... It'd be awesome if you'd subscribed to that story too, I'd love to see you there, that's for sure.

Well, stay tuned for the epilogue, and thanks for reading! :)

-XOXO

I sort of skipped the actual baptism cause I'm not to sure how that goes..