Status: Updating Slowly

Crossed Paths

I ***ed up didn't I?

A while later, Syn, Jimmy and Johnny, went back inside, leaving Matt and Ashleigh laying on the grass in the garden. Ashleigh had her head resting on Matt’s chest, while he had one arm around her shoulder, his hand stroking her hair.
“Matt, I feel kinda bad about Roxy and Zacky.” Ashleigh said, sitting up and facing Matt.
“Why?” he asked, propping himself up on his elbows.
“just that, your mum found out about them, and yeah…flipped. But we’re like, doing the same thing behind her back, so like now Zacky’s at risk of being arrested and if he was Rox would be… and I just yeah…”
“I know. Feel bad too, not just about Zack and Rox, but about lying to my mum as well. But if she found out about us as well, both Zacky and me would be arrested, and you and Rox would probably have to go back to the orphanage, I mean I know only until you turn 18 in a few weeks, but, I don’t wanna lose you. And im pretty sure Zacky doesn’t wanna lose Roxy.”
“Yeah I s’pose. But do you think we should be together anyway? I mean your like 8 years older than me, and you are technically my brother, and this is against the law.”
“Ok, first, I never had much use for the law. My thought, its only against the law if you get caught, if you don’t get caught, no one knows you broke it do they.” He laughed, “and second, yeah I do think we should be together, because I love you. But if you really don’t think this is right, we can just forget about it.” He continued.
Ashleigh opened her mouth to reply, but didn’t actually say anything. Matt just nodded and began to stand up. Ashleigh suddenly grabbed his wrist and pulled him back down, she stared into his eyes for a second
“I love you too.” She finally said,
“You scared me for a second there.” He smirked, pressing his lips onto Ashleigh’s. Matt’s hand ran down her back. Just then Syn came to the back door.
“Guys, Jane’s just coming up the drive.” He warned them.
“Shit!” Matt said quickly standing up. He gave Ashleigh a hand up, and they followed Syn back into the house. They went into the front room where they found Zacky watching TV (Syn had already warned him.) sitting at one end of the sofa.
“Where’s everyone else?” Matt asked, as he and Ashleigh sat down, away from each other.
“Roxy’s painting her room again, and Jimmy and Johnny are in the studio, showing off to each other.” Zacky said. Ashleigh giggled. “Whats so funny?”
“Sorry, that sounded really dodgy.”
“Oh my god, and I thought Roxy was bad.” Zacky sighed as they heard the front door slam.
“Hi mom” Matt called, cautiously. She didn’t reply. A minute later, she walked into the room.
“Hi Ashleigh, Brian.” She said cheerfully. “Hello Matthew…Zachary.” She added, her attitude changing. “Where’s Roxy, I need to speak to the both of you.” She asked Ashleigh.
“Er, she’s upstairs, I’ll just go get her.” She replied getting up and running upstairs to get Roxy.
“Hey Rox, Jane wants to talk to us.” She said, pushing the door open without knocking.
“k, I’ll be right there.” Roxy replied from behind the door where she was standing on the ladder.
“Woah Rox, this looks awesome!” Ashleigh said, looking around the almost complete room,
“Thanks. I’m gonna put a picture collage of like…us and mates from the orphanage like Michael and stuff in that space there.” Roxy said, pointing to the wall that had two windows, and a gap in between them that hadn’t been painted.
“Sound cool. Hey don’t you think its kinda weird, that the day after we moved here, we got new clothes, and stuff to paint our rooms. Even though we weren’t sure how long we’d be staying here, and I mean hey with our history, we could have already left.”
“Yeah I know, and after today I hope we do stay. I love it here, but I completely fucked up didn’t i?”
“Yes.” Ashleigh replied, simply.
“thanks.” Roxy replied, shooting her an evil look. Before leaving the room to go back downstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know it's short but hey its an update.