Status: hiatus

Lost Without Each Other

Ellen.

[LorrieBeth's POV]

"So, your new album just came out? That's exciting." Ellen Degeneres was saying on the screen in front of me. She was talking to Tay, Ike, and Zac. All three of them nodded, but it was Isaac who spoke.

"Yeah, we're really excited about it. We've been working on it for a while now."

Tuning out the rest of the conversation, I turned away from the screen and look at myself in my dressing room mirror. I put my hand on my stomach and could swear I felt the butterflies fluttering inside.

I can't believe what I'm about to do.

We are going to announce to everyone and his brother that Taylor and I are in love. When he's technically not even divorced yet.

"When we come back, Taylor Hanson has something very important that he wants to share with us."

Maybe we should wait lon-

My thoughts were interrupted by Andy poking his head through the door. He is one of Ellen's crew members.

"Hey, LorrieBeth. It's almost time. We need you ready to enter the stage."

I took a deep breath to steady myself and walked out the door. Andy led me through a short maze of hallways and to the stage entrance.

"When you hear your name just walk out. You can wave or whatever else you want to do."

"Thanks, Andy."

He nodded quickly before walking away. A few seconds after he walked away, I heard Ellen say, "Please welcome, LorrieBeth to the stage." I took a deep breath, plastered a smile on my face, and started walking.

I hit the stage and looked to the audience, waving. Everyone cheered while I made the short journey to the center of the stage where I was greeted be a very eager Ellen Degeneres.

"Hi, Ellen!" I said, excitedly as I gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I then gave Taylor a hug and we sat on the couch beside each other. While all of this was going on, the cheering began to subside and Ellen smiled at the two of us.

"So, this news... are we going to get to hear it now? Or are you two going to make us all wait?"

I looked at Taylor just as he looked at me. He smiled. I melted. He took my hand and began telling the story.

"Well, Ellen..." he began. I listened intently while he relayed the past events to Ellen and the studio audience. I squeezed his hand for encouragement and I smiled when he said he was in love with me.

He told the story from beginning to end. From when we first met to this very moment, leaving out most of the intimiate details of course. He told her how supportive the family was being.

And being the amazing person that he is, trying to spare Natalie humiliation, Taylor left out everything about her drug usage and her craziness.

I sat there and nodded my head, or chimed in my opionion or my view of the sitiuation when it was needed. I mostly let Taylor do the talking though, he's been in the spotlight his whole life. He knows how to handle the pressure of talking on television.

When he was finished, I sat back. It felt like ten thousand pounds of pressure just lifted off of my shoulders.

Ellen cracked a few jokes and asked a few questions, and all of a sudden... it was over. The whole world knew everything there was to know about the situation. Ellen told us that she too, gives us her support and love.

Taylor and I held hands as we left the stage. He threw his arms around me in the most gigantic bear hug I've ever been a part of as soon as we got backstage.

"I love you." he whispered into my ear.

"I love you too, Tay."

We watched the rest of the show from my dressing room. Ellen is so hilarious. We watched her play games with the audience. That was always my favorite part of the show.

When it was over, there was a knock on the door. Taylor stood up and went to answer it. It was none other than the amazing Ellen Degeneres.

"Hey people." she said as she entered the room.

"Hi, Ellen" I giggled.

"So, tomorrow night you're both coming to my house to have dinner with Portia and I." (Portia is Ellen's wife.)

She didn't give us enough time to decline or accept before she left the room. Although from down the hall we heard her yell, "SEVEN O'CLOCK! BE THERE."

I laughed and shook my head as Taylor joined me back on the couch, wrapping his arm around me and kissing me gently, "I guess we're going to Ellen's for dinner tomorrow night."
♠ ♠ ♠
woah, baby.
i'm terribly sorry.
i've been getting slack with my updates.