Thank You, Gravity

I love him.

"Nick, go to your room." My dad tells me the second we get into the door. I glare at him angrily.

"Gladly," I spit, even though there are a thousand places I'd rather be. Joe's house, for example.

"Don't use that tone with me." he glares back as I'm stomping up the steps. I don't know where my room is, so I pick the one at the top that looks the most empty. There's nothing in it except a bed and a desk and a dresser. I throw my bags against the wall and flop down on the bed, starting to sob. I don't know how long I've been left alone when Dad comes in through the door. I pull my shoe off my foot and chuck it at him.

"Nicholas, get up, it's dinner time." he says harshly. I don't move. "Nicholas, come eat dinner. You're here now, you're not going back to Joe."

"I love him!" I scream at Dad, looking at him angrily even though I'm sobbing. Dad marches over to my bed and grabs my forearm tightly, picking me up.

"That's not love. That's a fucking sin. We'll talk about it later, now get downstairs." He pushes me towards the door and I pull away from him, almost falling. I rub my now-hurting arm, stomping downstairs and sitting at the table.

"What's wrong, Nick?" Frankie asks concernedly. I smile a little at him but I don't say anything. Dad drops some steak onto my plate and Frankie's, cutting Frankie's up for him before he sits down for a very silent dinner. Anything he tries to tell me is met with a cold silence.

Which is probably why dinner doesn't last very long, and Frankie sits in front of the TV as I go back up to my room. I lie down on the bed and start crying again. I want to be back with Joe. This house seems so cold and unforgiving, even though it really is warm and painted brightly. My room is a light blue color, but everything else in it is white. I want to die.

Dad comes in a while later and I'm still just lying on the bed with my head in my arms. I don't acknowledge his presence. "Why are you being like this?" he asks harshly. Now I acknowldege him.

"I want to go back to Joe!" I scream again.

"You're not going back, Nick. You live here now."

"When I turn eighteen you can't keep me here! I'll leave!" I face him, glaring furiously.

"You will do no such thing," Dad growls. His voice has something I've never heard in it before. Hate. "I knew letting you stay with your brother was a bad idea. He's turned you into a fag."

"Fuck you! I love Joe!" I scream again, turning my head to glare at him.

"Don't you curse at me." Dad growls, slapping me across the face. I lower my head again and sob into my arms.

"I hate you," I sob as he's leaving. He slams the door.

Joe's P.O.V

It's been two weeks and the only way I have been able to talk to Nick is through his cell phone at weird hours of the day, mostly when Dad was at work or sleeping. He sounded so miserable there. I'm no't doing much better.

I haven't went out and gotten drunk yet, but Kevin has been making me go everywhere, even if it was just down the street. He's getting worried about me anf I swear he thinks I'm going to go suicidal if he leaves me alone too long.

Kidnapping Nick is still fresh in my thoughts. My original plan was to go, show up when Dad wasn't around and take him but that would be too easy, we needed a challenge. Plus, Dad would hunt me down. So now I was going to see him for his birthday, if I was invited or not, and most likely I'm not welcomed near any of them anymore; but I was going since Dad already knows about us anyway and do whatever I need to get Nick back with me.

"Come on, you can't do that." Kevin had said when he had heard all my plans. I have many back up plans. Most of them aren't good ideas but hey, I'm desperate. A call I had gotten just before Kevin had arrived had surprised me; it was Frankie! He had sounded like he was crying, Nick and Dad were probably fighting again.

Nick had told me he had started to talk to some people, but mostly girls who used to be fans. They were true friends to Nick, neither of them caring he'd never date any of them.

He had told me that one of his friends - who knows about us and didn't judge us - even pretended to date him just to get Dad off of his back. She called a few times to ask if Kevin was single. That of course made Kevin want to be part of my plan just to meet these girls. Classic Kevin.

--

Finally after two long weeks of waiting it was the day before Nick's birthday. I was flying out to California with Kevin and then he was going to meet up with some girl, and I was crashing a party.

"Nick, don't worry this will work. We just got to the hotel and I'm coming over now. If Dad says anything tell him to fuck off and leave with me. Ask Kevin when you see him: I've been miserable but somehow I haven't been to a bar once." I'm proud when I tell this to Nick. I'm going to have him back again and the world would be right.