Thank You, Gravity

I'm Dead Tired, So... No Witty Title.

I grab the fabric of Nick’s shirt around by his waist and drag him towards me, pulling him tentatively into a soft kiss. When he kisses back I deepen it, sliding my tongue on top of his. The top of his tongue grazes the bottom of mine, as he kisses back roughly. I

push him up against the counter. He makes a small sound in the back of his throat as his lower back collides with the counter, and then a pleasured moan as I work my hand up his shirt slowly, grazing my fingers over his chest. I squint my eyes as I feel his fingers tapping out a beat against the front of my jeans, shivering and already getting the fuzzy-brain feeling. My hands go to his neck and lower back, and he leans backwards over the counter, never breaking our lips apart. He breaths against my cheek through his nose, still tapping his fingers temptingly on my crotch. He can tell how it's making me feel by the state of my pants.

I finally break the kiss.

We pull away and I look down at him, still leaned backwards over the counter. Smiling, breathing heavily, he grins at me and lets out a deep breath. “I found out who Dad’s dating,” he says casually, though his face turns serious, running his finger over the patterns on my shirt. That catches my attention.

“Oh, really? Who is it?” I ask, generally curious as to who our dad is dating.

“Peyton. The brunette chick he works with,” Nick mutters. It catches me by surprise and I almost drop him. I shift my hand on his back, getting a grip.

What?” I blink. “That skank?” Nick nods. “I can’t believe I didn’t recognize her.” Peyton. She’s Frankie’s best friend Alex’s mom. I guess she was coming over to pick Alex up, and Dad decided to liplock with her. How could he - so soon after Mom - just go and replace her like she was nothing? I scoff in disgust and mentally kick myself. I hated the part of my brain that knew we really couldn't blame him, though.

“She came over today, asking if Dad was home. I just slammed the door at her.” Nick tells me. I look at his face, frowning, and his eyes look sad and regretful. I pull him upwards into a hug.

“She can never replace Mom, you know that. We can’t be mad at Dad for wanting to date again, it may just be his way of coping.” I murmur, trying to comfort him as I rubbed my hand over his back. He pressed his forehead to mine.

“I know, I just…. I miss her so much, Joe. And the thought of Dad dating someone else…. It’s…”

“Nicky, you don’t have to say it,” I whisper, he squints his eyes shut and then opens them again.

“I’m sorry,” he says quietly, his eyes shiny.

“For what?” I ask, placing my hands on his shoulders and pushing him away slightly.

“Yelling at you,” Nick murmurs.

“You never yelled at me,” I smile, running a finger under his chin. “When I go back home tonight do you still want to come with me?” Nick nods, smiling slightly and I quickly press his lips to mine for a slight second.

--

I don’t plan on telling Dad that I’m taking Nick with me. The flight is for 7:55 PM tonight, so we'll leave around six. Secretly, hopefully. We say goodbye to Frankie and Nick packs his things into the car. He never really unpacked, so this is easy. What won’t be easy is actually leaving.