Thank You, Gravity

Time Ran Out

I sat in the hall crying. I couldn't face dad. I was always the one who was the most responsible, most religious, the most mature, but now here I am, a sick fucked up kid and i know that dad is ashamed of me even though he is now trying to seem more understanding.

"Come on Nick, you need to see him." The last thing he said to me wasn't even that nice. It was when he was threatening to kick Joe and I out of his house.

"I can't see him just yet."

"You're running out time Nick." Kevin said and went into the room.

--

Joe's P.O.V

I walked into to see Dad, he was hooked up to a lot of machines and was really thin and pale. He looked like a completely different man.

"Hey dad." I said and sat in the chair next to his bed.

"Joesph, what are you doing here?" He asked bitterly.

"I came to tell you, I'm sorry about all the shit I gave you the past, well the past 21 years. You were only trying to help me, and it's hard to admit but the truth is I never wanted to make you completely hate me, or Nick."

"Where is Nick?"

"He's afraid to come in I think." I couldn't understand why Nick wouldn't see dad, they had no problems untill mom died.

"Oh, can you get him for me?" Dad asked slowly before Kevin and Frankie came in.

As they walked upto the bed, he started to cough and coke.

Kevin ran to get a nurse, I looked at the door to see Nick in the room close to the door, worry in his eye.

"Come here." I mouthed and he shook his head no.

The nurses tried to do something as his doctor came in and said the words we didn't want to hear.

"Time of death, 10:34 P.M"