She's Not Bleeding on the Ballroom Floor Just for the Attention

Flinch

I must have been coming around, because I could hear a rhythmic beeping somewhere nearby. I was also becoming aware of someone holding onto my hand. I slowly opened my eyes and was faced with a blinding light. I quickly blinked a few times before finally getting used to the sudden light. I then also became aware of dull throbs of pain in my stomach and head. I blinked a few more times.

"Scarlett?" a voice said, hesitantly. I turned my head to the right slowly and saw Ryan. I realized that he was the one holding my hand.

"Where am I?" I asked, though I already knew the answer. Just wanted to be sure.

"The hospital," he said. I nodded my head a little bit. "How are you feeling?"

I could tell by his expression that Ryan was extremely worried.

"A bit sore," I said. Ryan frowned slightly. He moved a hand toward my face and I flinched noticeably. Ryan moved his hand back.

"Did your father do this to you?" Ryan asked. I frowned too and looked back at the ceiling. Ryan sighed. "I'll take that as a yes."

I turned to look back at him, tears in my eyes now.

"It's never been this bad before," I mumbled, letting the tears spill onto my face. Ryan moved his hand back towards my face, and I didn't flinch this time. Ryan timidly touched my face, gently wiping the tears away. I'm sure I looked terrible.

"You shouldn't have to put up with this," Ryan said.

"Don't worry," I said. "It won't ever happen again."

"You can't know that," said Ryan.

"But I do," I said. "My dad kicked me out of the house."

"Really?" Ryan said.

"Yeah," I said. Ryan smiled slightly.

"Good," he said. "Then you're going to come stay at my house, and I won't take no for an answer."
♠ ♠ ♠
I think the next one will be the last one. Comments??
I'm also taking suggestions for who to have in my next story that I write. I'm open to anything!
~Sally