From What I've Heard

004

The boiling hot sun beat down on my back as the melodic sounds of Hayley’s voice filled the air around me. I smiled as All Time Low’s merch guy came over to me. His blue eyes shone in the bright sun and his pitch-black hair stayed perfectly in place despite the cool wind that whipped mine into oblivion.

“Heya,” he smiled as he sat down on the grass beside me.

“Hey Gareth,” I grinned, always pleased to be in his presence.

“How is my favourite merch buddy?” he asked, putting his hand in front of his tanned face to avoid the sun.

“She’s tired but otherwise fine. How is my favourite merch buddy?” I smiled as I got off my chair and joined him on the grass. There wouldn’t be many sales until Paramore had finished playing.

“Same here. You try staying in the same bus as Jack Barakat and Alex Gaskarth. I’ve figured out that it’s impossible,” he chuckled.

“I could’ve told you that after spending ten minutes with them,” I giggled.

“Uh oh,” Gareth frowned as he saw of group of ten year olds approach the All Time Low merch tent.

“If you need help, I’m right next door,” I grinned as the girls came closer, their high-pitched giggles even louder than the crowds screaming.

I smirked as the girls picked up masses of tee shirts and piled them up in front of Gareth. And I was positive that I heard the blonde one whisper about how cute Gareth was.

The sun was as hot as ever so I reluctantly reached into my half-broken bag and pulled out a can of Monster energy drink. It was Hayley and mines current obsession. There was never a photo of us without one in our hot little hands.

“That was so not fun,” Gareth scowled as he made his way back over to me.

“You were lucky! That blonde one was chatting about how cute you are,” I giggled as Gareth’s face changed from relief to utter horror.

“Ten year olds seriously creep me out,” he said, stealing my drink from my hands and taking a sip.

“Well fine,” I pouted when he gave my drink back.

Over the next half an hour only a few stray fans bought some merchandise, which gave Gareth and I the chance to catch up. Suddenly Alex and another guy came into view. Alex was running and screaming our names while the other guy just looked on with raised eyebrows.

“Dakota! Gareth, my darlings!” he cried in delight as he hugged both of us and then stole my drink.

“Alex!” I frowned.

“Yes?” he said as energy drink spilt all over his tee shirt.

“You must be Dakota, I’m Zack,” ‘Zack’ greeted me after Alex and mines little feud.

“Ah! You must be the one who doesn’t wake up a whole bus, no?” I winked.

“No, no. I’m the one who punishes them,” Zack replied with an evil glint in his bright brown eyes.

“You should see how Zack punishes him,” Gareth grinned, earning him a thwack over the head from Zack.

“Dude!” he cried, rubbing his head before reaching for my energy drink.

I watched him reach for it before my quick reflexes slapped his hand and I grabbed it myself, downing what little drink was left.

“Territorial much?” Alex beamed.

“Alex, do you even know what territorial means?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

“Nope,” he grinned before his grin turned into a look of shock. “Oh my God! I didn’t bring you pancakes!”

“Aw, it’s fine Alex! I had my… half my energy drink so it’s all good,” I smiled, shaking the empty can.

“Tomorrow!,” he yelled as he saw Jack on the horizon, “tomorrow, I promise!”

“I better go after them,” Zack grinned. “Nice meeting you Dakota.”

“Bye,” Gareth and I said as we waved to Zack and Alex’s backs.

“Pancakes?” Gareth asked.

“Long story,” I sighed as I pulled out another can of energy drink.

“And you’re going to stop drinkingwhen?”

“When I run out of cans or Hayley arrives. Then she’ll be the one drinking them all,” I smiled. “You want one?”

“I’ll pass. Water is what keeps me in good shape,” he smiled, his hands rubbing his sides.

“Duh. I finally see your master plan. Drink water. And that’s it,” I said, poking my tongue out.

“Meanie,” he joked, jabbing me in the ribs, which caused me to spit energy drink all over him.

“Dakota!” he wailed, licking his finger and rubbing it over his wet top.

“Not my fault,” I pointed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm.
I'm not sure
:|
Thoughts?