All You Need Is Love

Night Out

"Hi Stuart, is Jane here? I have an appointment with her in about five minutes." said Gabrielle to Stuart at the front desk of the leisure centre. She could hardly ever look him square in the eye. She was so disappointed in him, in his behaviour over the last few years. Although she hadn't told him directly what had happened to her she knew that being Beth's brother Beth would have mentioned something to him. He'd never approached her and said sorry about what happened or anything.

"Yes she is Gabs." God she hated it when he called her that. Now Tre on the other hand, she loved it when he called her Gabs.

"I'll just get her, she's out the back," said Stuart going off.

"Thanks," said Gabrielle. Practically everything about him annoyed her. He wasn't that bad a guy, he hadn't murdered anyone or anything but she just couldn't bear him. She shuddered and looked around taking in the relaxed atmosphere. She'd booked in to have some treatments with Jane the beautician, she usually visited her once a week but hadn't been in at all to see her this week and she'd missed their chat.

Jane appeared, "Come on in Gabby," said Jane. Gabrielle liked Jane, she was such a pretty girl and Gabrielle remembered her approaching her fresh out of her beauty-training program and Gabrielle was struck by how ambitious she was. She was perfect for the job and very sensitive to all the guests' requirements.

Gabrielle followed Jane through to the beauty therapy room.

"You're looking well," said Jane putting some background music into the CD player, gentle, calming relaxing music.

"Thanks Jane," said Gabrielle. "I'm feeling much better, I had this bug, I suppose you've heard about it, news travels like wildfire around this place," she smiled settling herself onto the bed and feeling relaxed immediately.

Jane had heard that Gabby had gone home sick and that the guy from Green Day, Tre something or other had been with her. She also knew that she'd once upon a time gone out with Beth's brother Stuart and she had a feeling that Stuart still liked Gabrielle which was a real shame as Jane herself had had an eye on Stuart for some time now but he'd shown no interest at all.

"Yes I had heard and you're right, its difficult to keep a secret in this place," Jane laughed also knowing that Gabrielle certainly had some past secret that she hadn't told anyone, well she knew Beth must know as they'd been friends for years and her father knew of course.

"So," said Jane checking out her diary, "I've got you booked in for a facial and a leg and underarm wax, is that right?" said Jane looking over.

"Yes please Jane," said Gabrielle closing her eyes, and smiling to herself as she thought back to the previous evening when she almost got it together with Tre and thinking he would probably run a mile if he'd seen how hairy her legs were. Generally she looked after herself real well in that department but she'd let herself slightly go this past week, as she'd felt unwell. She smiled wondering what sort of comment he'd have made having seen her hairy bits.

After Jane had finished her legs and underarms Gabby cleared her throat.

"Jane er... could you... do you do Brazilian waxes?" she said almost blushing.

"Of course I do, I've got time to fit you in before my next appointment," said Jane checking her watch.

"I'm not sure, may be another time," said Gabrielle changing her mind suddenly.

"Well, you are here now, why not just go for it?" said Jane.

"Oh, ok then." Said Gabrielle, then laughed out loud. "Its about time I got rid my seventies bush," she said. "It's been some time since I've whipped that off." She couldn't remember the last time a man had even seen her naked.

Jane laughed. "Oh Gabby you've nothing to worry about at all," beginning the Brazilian wax, "you should see what I get in here."

Actually Jane was pleased for Gabby; she was such a beautiful woman with her auburn hair, green eyes and creamy porcelain skin and she had the feeling that she was doing this for a man. Was it the American guy from the band? She hoped so and was glad for her. Gabby had a complexion to die for apart from her scars, which, Jane noticed were healing fairly well. She'd always wondered how she'd gotten them. What the hell Jane thought, I'm never going to find out, as she's never going to tell me. I'll just have to keep on wondering like nearly every other person that works here.

--

"We're doing well you know Beth," said Gabby in the office a little later checking out some figures on her excel sheet.

"You mean you are doing well," said Beth rolling her eyes at her friend.

"Well you are my manager and we're like a bit of a team here, you know I couldn't have done any of this without you," Gabrielle said. She knew Beth was only kidding; Gabrielle always rewarded her staff well with bonuses and discounts in the leisure centre and having half price meals in the restaurant."

"Anyway, I'm going out now to hit the shops," said Gabrielle suddenly standing up and putting some papers away in a file.

"Oh, getting yourself a new little number to wear tonight?" said Beth, eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, I've not been shopping in ages," said Gabrielle taking her jacket from the back of the chair and putting it on.

"He'll be there tonight won't he?" said Beth out of the blue.

"He said he may be," said Gabrielle looking away from her friend and knowing full well who she meant.

"How did yesterday go?" said Beth watching Gabrielle and knowing that she couldn't quite look at her.

Gabrielle looked up. "Are you fishing for information?" she smiled.

"Look," said Beth perching on the desk "I worry for you that's all, I hated watching you go through everything, it was hard for me too you know. It killed me seeing you like that and you're doing so well. This guy he's so famous and well... just be careful." Said Beth sincerely.

"I like him a lot," said Gabrielle. "We had a great day, he makes me laugh and I see what you mean about us being alike. I've not laughed like that in a while." She said smoothing down her skirt.

"Did you throw Leroy away?" said Beth suddenly.

"I still have Leroy tucked away at the back of the wardrobe," said Gabrielle collecting up her car keys.

"So... you and he... " said Beth questioningly.

"No, not yet, nearly and we got disturbed and that's it I'm not telling you anymore. When it happens, well you'll be the next to know. OK?" said Gabrielle.

"I'm sorry to pry... its just... " Said Beth suddenly embarrassed for asking her friend such personal information.

"Yes I know, you worry about me. Anyway, do you want to borrow Leroy? Is that what you're getting at?" said Gabrielle laughing and starting to head out the door.

"Piss off Gabby, I'm not that desperate." Said Beth. "I shall see how tonight goes, I could get them coming up to me in droves you know," she said rolling her eyes. "Anyway, you enjoy your shopping trip." and stood up from the desk.

"I will. Oh and Beth there was something I meant to mention to you. I was thinking about it when I was lying in bed this morning" said Gabby poking her head round the door.

"Oh, what's that?" Said Beth.

"I think I'm ready to see Lily again," said Gabby.

--

Tre didn't have anything to wear, he hadn't had any laundry done for a few days and there was nothing in his suitcase that seemed suitable, nothing clean or ironed. Damn he was going to have to wear that shirt that he'd worn in the photo shoot the other day, the one with the little bow tie attached to the side of the collar. He liked the shirt but it was a bit dressy. Now, should he wear his make up and nail polish or was Gabrielle taking the piss out of him? He didn't know what to do for the best. No, he'd just wear a little bit of eyeliner; he'd forget the nail polish for this evening.

He rummaged in his suitcase and found his black eyeliner hidden under a black-haired Brat doll that Ramona had slipped into his bag. He smiled then went to the mirror over the dressing table and applied the eyeliner carefully in the mirror, got his middle finger and rubbed it underneath giving him the smudged look that he preferred.

He went to the bathroom, applied his 'masculine' brushed his teeth twice as had become a habit just recently then went back to the bedroom to get dressed. He examined himself in the long mirror then checked his watch. Fuck he had got ready too early and now he didn't want to sit around in his smart trousers and shirt and get all creased. He took his clothes off again, plugged in his PS2, turned on the TV using the remote and sat and played his favourite golf game to pass the time.

--

Tre followed Mike and Brittney into the restaurant and his eyes immediately scanned the tables searching for her. It was dark in there and as his eyes adjusted he spotted her shining auburn hair, she was sitting over at a corner table with Beth and some other guy was sitting beside Beth. Gabrielle was smiling widely and looking at her friend and he noticed her locket glinting against the candlelight. His heart lifted and he realised then that he had been waiting for this moment all day.

He followed Mike to the bar and Mike ordered him his usual, Jack Daniels and Coke. There were two young ladies at the bar, blondes with tiny tight tops straining across their breasts. He had a quick glance of course but to him they were like so many girls that he met, short skirts, high heels, bleached hair, they came up to him in their little groups and they all looked similar, of the same mould. They were flirting around him and he really couldn't be bothered, he wanted to go and chat to Gabrielle. She had made him laugh yesterday and he woke up during the night thinking of her dimples and her freckles and thoughts of her mooning at the top of the helter-skelter. It was something that he would probably have done when he was young. It was something he would probably do now.

--

Every time the door to the restaurant opened Gabrielle glanced up to check if it was him. She saw Brittney enter first and knew that he would be just behind her. She glanced away, laughing at something that Beth had said and when she next looked up Tre was over by the bar standing next to couple of blonde girls who were grinning up gormlessly at him. Was this what it would be like if she was actually with him? Would complete strangers approach and feel like he was their public property and act as though they really knew him?

She hadn't realised how well known they were and whilst out shopping earlier she'd gone into a record shop to check them out. She'd searched through their old records and was surprised how many there were. She'd picked up one and bought it, it was called 'Dookie' whatever that meant, she must ask him and checked the date on it. It was quite a few years ago and she was surprised that they were still together all these years later, not many bands achieved that.

She'd been aware of a few kids wearing Green Day T shirts walking about the streets and when she'd gone to buy her weekly women's magazine she'd caught sight of them on the cover of a music magazine that she'd never heard of. She'd bought the magazine too and took it home to read while in the bath. It was a huge article about their current tour and he'd looked so very handsome in that picture on the cover, he had his eyeliner on and she'd checked his nails, they were painted black and her stomach had lurched remembering those very hands struggling to open her shirt buttons. She shivered suddenly.

"More wine?" said Stuart hovering the wine bottle over Gabrielle's glass.

"Yes please," said Gabrielle not even looking at him.

Stuart thought that Gabby looked hot, the best he'd seen her in a while. He was definitely going to approach her tonight. It looked like she'd fully recovered from her experience, yeah tonight was the night. He wasn't drinking tonight as he had decided to bring his car and he wanted Gabrielle to have some more drinks to relax her then it would make his job of approaching her much easier.

He poured the white wine out.

"Thanks," Gabrielle said raising her glass to her lips and glancing over at Tre. He had his back to her. Had he seen her here, had he even looked over? She didn't know.

The waitress came over then, blocking her view of him as she laid down their plates. Suddenly Gabrielle didn't feel hungry for some reason. Fuck what was wrong with her? She didn't feel hungry? The last time she hadn't wanted food was... .

"That looks good," said Beth eyeing Gabrielle's chicken. "But there is no use me asking for a taste, I know what you're like for eating everything up." She laughed beginning to eat her spaghetti.

"Actually... " said Gabrielle cutting some chicken. "Try it, it looks a little much for me," she said passing the chicken over to Beth's plate.

"Oh... you're OK are you Gabby? Not still feeling sick; perhaps it's too soon after your bug. We could have cancelled you know."

"No... I'm fine, its just my appetite seems to have gone suddenly," she said glancing over at Tre. He was looking over and their eyes met and he smiled that smile, yesterday's smile. She'd enjoyed yesterday so much. She smiled back and he winked at her causing her stomach to knot up suddenly. She turned back to her food and starting trying to eat it.

Stuart left the table after his meal to go to the gents and as he turned he saw straight away the reason why Gabrielle had smiled so widely and her eyes had lit up earlier while she was eating. It was the guy from Green Day standing over by the bar, in the direction she had been looking. The Drummer but he didn't know his name, he only really knew the singer Billie Joe but Billie Joe wasn't there just the taller guy that played the guitar with some blonde girl hanging by his side and... . him.

--

While Stuart was gone Gabrielle asked Beth about David.

"So... . have you spoken to him much at all since he left?" She said to her dear friend. She noticed Beth's face change immediately and Gabrielle kind of wished that she hadn't brought David up. Her best friend was hurting, was going through a split in her marriage and Gabrielle didn't know what to do to ease her pain. Beth had been there unconditionally for her for all those years and she so wanted to repay that back to her and she didn't know how.

Beth started getting upset and her eyes filled up. Gabrielle immediately put her hand out on top of her friends.

"Shit Beth what's wrong?" she said. "Here," she said bending and getting a tissue out of her handbag.

"I want him back," said Beth without hesitating. She'd had half a bottle of wine and the words came freely out.

"Oh Beth. Does David know this?" she said.

"I don't think so. Lily... . Lily said that he was kissing another lady at his flat last week. Oh Gabby, he has someone else already." she said. Poor Beth.

"But you're getting a divorce aren't you?" said Gabrielle.

"I don't want to divorce him. I want him back and I just want it to be like it was before," she said tearfully and sniffing into the tissue and looking into the direction of where Stuart went in case he turned up and found her crying.

Why did Stuart have to come anyway? Thought Gabrielle, it was the first time her and Beth had chatted properly in ages. She really needed an evening alone with Beth, just the two of them, heart to heart like they used to.

"You must tell him how you feel Beth," said Gabrielle stroking her friends hand. "He needs to know."

"No. It's over, he left me, said I'd been distant from him for years and didn't give him any time. He's obviously getting some 'time' from someone else now. Lily said she was really pretty... . She had Barbie hair apparently and long legs and had huge eyes."

"Oh Beth." Out of the mouths of babes thought Gabrielle. Beth sniffed and waved Gabby away as she caught sight of Stuart returning to the table. "It's OK, lets leave it, Stuarts coming back and I don't want him to know. Stuart hates David for leaving us."

Stuart's a fucking wanker thought Gabby and can't see beyond the end of his nose.

--

As Stuart passed Tre over by the bar area their eyes met and it was a locking of eyes that both said 'I want that woman and I'm the one that's going to get her.' It was unspoken but so obvious between the two of them. There was a lot of testosterone flying around that corner of the bar at that very moment.

Tre knew he had seen the guy somewhere before then he realised he was the guy that worked at the hotel. Good looking but more suited to the two blonde girls that were still standing next to him. They were giggling and it was fucking him off. Britney was glued to Mike's side looking up at him in a manner that told every female within a two-mile radius to 'keep off' her man.

Tre had been watching Gabby every now and again talking to Beth. She was frowning and looking concerned and he noticed Beth putting a tissue up to her face, obviously quite an intense conversation was going on over there he thought to himself.

Tre turned and ordered some more drinks then Mike spoke.

"Hey isn't that Gabrielle and Beth from the hotel over there?" said Mike. He knew that his friend had spent a little time with Gabrielle and was a little pissed off. He hadn't managed to get a round of golf in yet with Tre, he'd just been left alone at the hotel with Brittney hanging on to him like leech. He did love Brittney but she was quite clingy sometimes.

"Yes it is," said Tre. "She kind of mentioned that she was coming here," he said taking a gulp of his drink.

"Hey... it looks like they're coming over this way," said Brittney. "We must speak to her, I still feel awful about the other day. How could I have ever thought that you would want to go out with her," said Brittney grabbing on to Mike's arm "when you've got little old me."

Tre sighed thinking what stupid bitch she could be sometimes. No he liked Brittney but sometimes...

Beth and Stuart walked right on past the threesome, Beth nodding and saying 'hi' but Stuart ignoring them. They headed off upstairs to the club area.

"Hi" said Gabrielle appearing next to Tre.

"Hey," said Tre glancing across admiringly at her. She had on a black dress and Tre couldn't help but look at the way the dress crossed over at her breasts. He'd seen many girls in many little black dresses over the years but decided that this woman standing next to him was the only woman he'd seen that really knew how to wear a black dress. It just touched her in all the right places.

"I'm glad to see you here," she said to Tre.

"Hi Mike, Britney" said Gabrielle glancing over at the tall couple.

"Hi Gabrielle, I do like your dress," said Brittney looking Gabrielle up and down. She really was quite an attractive woman Brittney thought, remembering the incident in the lift. She felt a stab of jealousy then remembering what Mike had asked her. She wasbeautiful and the work clothes she wore didn't do her any justice at all, but those scars...

"Thank you." said Gabrielle smiling at Brittney but knowing Brittney was looking at her scars and wondering. She could wonder away.

"How are you now?" said Mike. "Tre said you had some sort of sickness bug."

"I'm fine, thanks to Doctor Cool here," said Gabrielle looking directly into Tre's eyes. They were now the same height as she was wearing three-inch heels.

"Those shoes are... exquisite, I so need a pair of those," Britney said looking down at Gabrielle's black strappy sandals with toenails that were painted black.

Everyone automatically looked down towards Gabrielle's feet.

"Hey... black toe nail polish," Tre said with a smile on his face.

"Yes, I saw this shade the other day somewhere and quite liked it so... I went out and bought it," she said.

Tre smiled knowing that she was referring to his black nail varnish.

"Listen, we're heading off upstairs," said Gabrielle. "Why don't you join us?" she said asking them all but really only wanting to spend her time with Tre. She also wanted to ward Stuart off; he was staring at her in that way she remembered years ago, with that leery smile that always gave her the creeps.

"Can I get you a drink?" said Tre noticing Gabrielle didn't have one.

"Yes please," said Gabrielle.

"We'll go on upstairs," Brittney said to Tre; "see you up there," and the two of them left Tre and Gabrielle alone at the bar.

"What can I get you?" asked Tre. He was holding on to one of those twizzle sticks that you get with your drinks.

"Well... . let me guess, what that be a JD and Coke that you're having?" said Gabrielle.

"Yeah.. how did you know?" said Tre looking at her and carrying on twizzling his drink stick, twizzling it in his drink and making the ice cubes clink against the side of the glass.

"I can smell it on your breath," she said.

"Oh," said Tre suddenly conscious. "Sorry I didn't realise."

"Its fine," said Gabby putting her arm out and letting it rest on his. "I like it; I'll have the same," she said. She loved the smell of the drink on his breath.

Tre turned then to order her drink and she couldn't help but check him out once again. When he leant over the bar to catch the bartender's eye she noticed his shirtsleeve pull taught across his muscle at the top of his arm and it sent a shockwave through the whole of her central nervous system it felt like.

He handed her the drink and she took a sip of the dark amber liquid, its molten warmth hitting the back of her throat immediately.

He turned then towards her with his glass in his hand. He was twizzling it madly; almost nervously then he took it out of the glass and sucked the JD and coke from the end of it. Gabrielle's stomach went wild again. How erotic she suddenly thought.

"Before we go upstairs with the others can I ask you something?" Tre said. "It'll be noisy up there so we probably won't be able to talk," he said.

"What is it?" said Gabrielle. Suddenly she was nudged forward into him and her breasts brushed against his arm. She turned and it was one of the blonde girls from earlier. Obviously slightly put out that Tre Cool was chatting to someone else and had been blatantly ignoring her all evening. She watched the blonde leave the restaurant with her long fake tanned legs teetering on high heels and she smiled to herself.

"Sorry, you were saying?" Gabby said taking a small step back away from him but not really wanting to at all.

"Yeah, I had a good day with you yesterday and wondered if we could do something together tomorrow." Said Tre looking at her with his brilliant blue eyes. They stood out all sparkling with black smudgy eyeliner framing them.

"I'd love to," said Gabrielle. "I'm actually staying at my father's cottage from tomorrow, looking after it and his two dogs for a week while he's in France. Why not come there? May be I could cook for you, to say thanks for taking care of me." She said.

"There's no need to... " said Tre but really he wanted her to.

"I'd like to," said Gabrielle. "It's a couple of miles down the coast, it's small but beautiful and there's our very own private beach."

"I'd like that too," said Tre, then reluctantly "Shall we join the others?"

"I suppose," said Gabrielle but wanting to stay here for the rest of the evening.

"Before we do. Who's the asshole?" said Tre.

"Stuart." Said Gabrielle. She immediately knew who Tre was talking about.

She walked in front of Tre and Tre noticed a few guys giving her second glances and he was proud to be following behind her. As she was in front of him climbing the stairs he couldn't help but notice a small tattoo on her ankle, it was a tiny pair of angel wings, not black inked but red and very sweet. He suddenly felt a longing in his loins remembering how close they were yesterday to being together.

It was very noisy upstairs and Tre was right, they were all going to have difficulty talking up here. Gabrielle could see Beth up ahead trying to talk to Brittney and Mike was just standing next to Stuart. They weren't speaking at all and Stuart's eyes bore into hers as she approached. Why the fuck did he have to come? She thought once again.

They stood around trying to talk to each other then the mood went quiet as the sound levels dropped and a slow dance played.

Beth suddenly shouted. "Ooooh Gabby, its Jon Bon Jovi singing your favourite slowy," she said laughing at Gabby.

Gabby waved her hand off in embarrassment but suddenly she felt him next to her, his warm intoxicating breath whispering in her ear,

"I cannot stand here with one of your favourite 'slowy's playing without taking you up for a dance," he said. Her stomach span and she turned and their cheeks gently collided. Then he took her drink from her hand and placed it on to the low table, grabbed her hand firmly and took her off to the dance floor.

--

"Hey Stuart, what's wrong? Why on earth did you bring your car?" Said Beth glancing over at him. She hadn't noticed the look on his face while Tre was leading Gabby away. "You could have relaxed more if you'd had a drink," said Beth watching Mike and Brittney join Tre and Gabrielle on the dance floor.

"Oh, I'm just trying to cut out the booze lately," he said lamely when what he really should have been saying was that he wanted to get Gabby alone and by offering her and Beth a lift home would guarantee some alone time with her where they could talk. He felt it was time to talk to Gabby again but now she was stuck to the side of that fucking American drummer guy. What a bastard, he could have nearly everyone in the place if he wanted to he thought remembering those blonde girls at the bar ogling him earlier. Now the smaller blonde one hadn't been that bad looking, yeah if he was Tre Cool he'd have gone for the smaller blonde, a guaranteed fuck.

"They look good together," said Beth but Stuart couldn't hear her.

"What?" he half shouted.

"Tre and Gabby, don't you think they look good together?" she said looking over at her friend.

Stuart didn't answer, just picked up his soda and lime and gulped it back.

Beth watched her friend dancing with Tre Cool and she felt a little jealous but was immediately ashamed. How could she be jealous of Gabby what with all that she'd been through? They did look good together, both dressed all in black, they were practically the same height when Gabby wore her heels and their hair, it was almost the same colour although it was obvious that his was probably dyed. She watched Tre as he tenderly held Gabby to him. They make a good looking couple she thought once again as this guy came up to her and asked her to dance. He was slightly drunk and slightly overweight but he had quite a nice face so Beth agreed. What the hell, nobody else wanted her and David could go to hell.

"So... ," whispered Tre into Gabrielle's ear. "You like Jon Bon Jovi do you?" he said his breath tickling her ear and sending shivers down her spine.

He was holding her quite close to him and she could feel his hands clasped together in the small of her back and occasionally she could feel his thumb with its gentle stroking motion. Her hands were holding onto his shoulders and she was fully aware of the heat coming from him and was taken aback by how solid his muscles were on his upper arms.

"Well... I kind of have a little thing for him," she said looking up at him. That feeling of desire flooding her veins again and she smiled.

"So... was this before, during or after the Paul McCartney little thing?" He laughed. He could feel her long silky hair brushing against his hand.

"During, but I didn't like his big hair days, he's kind of grown better with age," she said. "Don't most men?" she said looking directly at him.

"So you like an older man then do you?" He said cheekily, swaying against her. He shifted slightly so that his leg was between hers and as they moved together Gabrielle could feel a slight firmness at the front of his trousers brushing against her leg.

"Why how old are you then Dr Cool?" she said throwing her head back and smiling at him. Their eyes were on a level and she liked being the same height as him.

"I'm 32, 33 in December." Said Tre.

"Oh, so you're the same as me," she said. "I'm 33 in December too."

"What, you're 32?" said Tre.

"Why so shocked? I suppose you only go for the young ones generally," said Gabby raising her eyebrows at him.

"You don't look it, that's all," he said. "I honestly thought you were about 26, 27 may be."

"Sounds like this could be one of your chat up lines," said Gabrielle.

"No, I honestly thought that you were younger than me," said Tre genuinely surprised.

"Well I'm an old gal then compared to what you're used to," she laughed.

He pulled her closer to him then and she moved her arms up higher and slid them gently round the back of his firm shoulders, her fingers finding his shirt collar.

"What's this song called anyway?" said Tre. He was speaking against her ear now.

"Always," said Gabby into hisear. She had just realised that he had the cutest of ears, small ears, ears that you could just put your tongue out and...

"But I don't like any of their other songs at all. Just that one, you should know me by now, it's just the Beatles and a few others. Very few."

"Hey did you get to finish listening to our CD yesterday?" Whispered Tre breathing in her scent and looking directly into her eyes. His lips were barely an inch away from hers.

"No," she whispered, "pops was over remember, I think he turned it off while I was making him a drink." She smiled.

Tre watched her smile light up her face and he gently kissed her nose.

She knew she had to ask him then, it felt right.

"Tre, tonight... . would you?... "

Suddenly Mike was over and came and interrupted them urgently.

"Tre, shit man, Claudia's been on the phone she's been trying to get you. Something about Frankito, he's sick Tre, you need to call her."

Tre immediately pulled himself away from Gabrielle and rummaged for his phone. "Fuck it! Two missed calls," said Tre examining the phone, "why couldn't I hear it," said Tre anxiously. He started tapping into the phone but he walked off down the stairs to outside, as there was no way he would be able to hold a conversation in the club.

Mike and Gabrielle looked at each other worriedly, and then followed him out of the club.

Tre was pacing up and down outside when they got to him. He looked distraught and Gabrielle felt for him. He was raking his free hand through his hair.

He came off the phone and came over to them with such a worried look on his face and he looked so pale. Gabrielle put her hand on his arm.

"He's in hospital... I need to get a flight.. They don't know what's wrong with him." He said, tears welling up in his eyes.

Beth, Brittney and Stuart appeared then.

"I need to get back to the hotel to get my stuff. Mike could you arrange a flight dude?" said Tre still pacing and not knowing what to do with himself.

"Of course man," said Mike getting the phone out of his jacket and calling up their manager. He'd know what to do.

"I can drive you to the hotel," said Stuart getting his car keys out. "Over here," he said. Stuart was glad that Tre was leaving. It would make it much easier for him now to approach Gabrielle. What was she thinking fawning all over this guy? He was a popular rock start for fuck's sake. He could get anyone he wanted. What would he see in plain old Gabrielle? I'm more her type he thought to himself unlocking his car.

"I'll get a taxi," said Mike. Him and Britney went off, Mike talking into his mobile and Beth and Gabrielle got into the back of Stuart's car while Tre sat in the front. He was anxiously biting at his thumbnail and Gabrielle wanted to reach out and touch him but she couldn't reach. The seat belt was pulling every time she moved forward. It took them only about 3 minutes to get to the hotel.

"Thanks," said Tre glancing over at Stuart then he opened up the door and ran off into the hotel to gather his things together.

Gabrielle was behind him and Beth watched her go, chasing after him. She felt sorry for the guy. She felt guilty then and wanted to see her own daughter. "Stuart, can you take me home now?" said Beth.

"Sure." Said Stuart. This wasn't going to plan. What the hell was Gabrielle playing at running after him like that?

"Tre?" Called out Gabrielle. "Is there anything I can do?" she said but really knowing the answer already. She'd watched him slam his finger into the up button of the elevator but then started pacing again and decided to take the stairs. Gabrielle followed him but couldn't keep up as he was climbing them three at a time, desperately needing to get home to his boy.

He was already in his room when she got there and had packed half his stuff.

"Tre what can I do for you?" she whispered looking at him from the doorway. He was shoving his stuff into his holdall.

"Nothing Gabs, there's nothing you can do," he said not even looking up. "I have to go, I need to be with him."

"Of course you do." Said Gabrielle. I'd give anything to be with...

His phone rang then and it was Mike.

"OK Dude thanks." Said Tre zipping up his bag and grabbing his passport off the bedside.

"There is a flight in a couple of hours and Mike's got me on it. I have to go, he has the taxi outside," said Tre.

He came towards the door then and as he passed her he put his hand out and gently stroked her face with the back of it, then was gone. She could still smell him.

She touched her face then left the room but he had already gone from the corridor. She ran to try and catch him and could hear his footsteps on the stairwell ahead of her.

As she got down to the reception area she clipped across the foyer where she could see him outside the glass double doors getting into a taxi. As she got there the taxi pulled away and Tre turned and saw her looking. He looked so sad; those beautiful blue eyes were so sad.

Then he was gone, gone to visit his little boy in hospital and she shivered. She hoped very much that Frankito would be OK.

Gabrielle suddenly didn't know what to think. He was gone, this guy that had come into her life just a few days ago and who hadn't left her thoughts for hardly a moment. He was gone and she missed him.