Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Confessions and freak outs

I woke up and I almost had a panic attack. I wasn't in Abby's and my room. I wasn't home, and I had a strange feeling that if I walked out into the hall that I wouldn't find Benny, Gregory, or Paulie. For a moment I was going over the deep end, then I remembered the events of the last two days. Event number one; Mom and Dad sold me into a marriage. Even number two; Grayson is a driver for rich people. Event number three; I was actually someone's birthday present. Event number four; I fell in, well that's a bad event that I don't want to think about.

I groaned as I made my way out of the bed. Before I was in the hall sitting beside Kegan, and now I was getting up from bed. I hope he didn't do anything to me. I looked down and found the clothes I had started the day in, a plain dark purple tee shirt and a pair of faded out skinny jeans. “That's a good sign,” I mumbled as I stood up. Suddenly my stomach growled furiously. “Okay.”

“Maddie, are you still asleep,” Lydia whispered and she opened the door.

“No, I just woke up,” I answered as my stomach gurgled once again. Lydia laughed like a mad person.

“Did you have an exhausting dream?” I started giggling with her.

“I guess so. What's for dinner since you always seem to be making something?”

“Nothing tonight. Mom insisted on cooking herself since Kegan's fiancée is going to be here.” She rolled her eyes. I had forgotten Kegan had a fiancée.

“Oh,” I said as I sat back down and prepared myself to just starve. Kivi was furious with me, and he certainly didn't want a poor girl like me down there with his beautiful family and his son's fiancée.

“Yeah, so I am ditching in protest. I was thinking McDonald's.” I started laughing a bit. She looked at me as if she was going to cry for laughing at her.

“I'm sorry. I just thought you'd want to meet the girl your brother is going to marry. If you want to skip to get me food though I'd love you forever,” I joked through my laughter. She smiled widely.

“Regan's coming to. We're not exactly skipping, they just don't want us around. Besides, I'd totally fake sick or something if it was just you they didn't invite.” I laughed lightly once again.

“Yeah, but I have to at least tell them we're going out so could you go get Regan. He's in the music room,” she said as she pranced away.

“Which one,” I yelled after her but she just waved. I sighed and started heading for the two music room that I had been shown.

I finally go to the listening room. I peaked in, but there was no one in there and the lights were off so I gently closed the door and went to the 'instrument' room. I heard the faint sound of a guitar being played. I opened the door just a bit and looked in to see Kegan sitting beside Regan and both were playing on they're guitars a familiar song. I just couldn't name it.

They say freak,
When you're singled out,
The red, well it filters through.

So lay down, the threat is real,
When his sight goes red again.
Seeing red again,
Seeing red again.

This change, he won't contain,
Slip away, to clear your mind.
When asked, who made it show,
The truth, he gives in to most.

So lay down, the threat is real,
When his sight goes red again.

So lay down, the threat is real,
When his sight goes red again.
So lay down, the threat is real,
When his sight goes red again.

Seeing red again,
Seeing red again,
Seeing red again,
Seeing red again,
Seeing red again,
Seeing red again,
Seeing red again,
Seeing red....

They say freak...
When you're singled out.
The red, it filters through...

They're voices blended together in all the right places and it made me want to cry it was so beautiful. I wondered if the song was intentionally meant for them because they sang it so beautifully together. That line seeing red again, shot through my mind and I automatically knew it was Chevelle's The Red. I opened the door further as they stopped singing and started talking over a random melody. They both looked up suddenly, and they gave me a heart wrenchingly beautiful smile. It's not fair for two boys to be so perfect. I sighed as I stared at them. “Hey guys,” I said after a few more moments.

“Hey Maddie. Are you okay,” Regan asked. I shook my head. “Did Lydia talk to you?” I nodded. “Are we going then?” I nodded once again. He smiled. “Then why are you so down?”

“It's not fair,” I said before walking out of the room and to the main entrance. I walked out onto the large porch, and I took a seat on the nearest step as I waited for Lydia to come out. I knew she would come out here looking for me eventually, I just had to wait it out.

“What's not fair,” that all to familiar voice asked from the door. I shook my head once again. He sighed as he walked out onto the porch and closed the door.

“Maddie. What's not fair?” I groaned as he sat down beside me. He smiled at my reaction for some odd reason.

“Everything.”

“Maddie.” I stayed quiet. I wasn't going to tell him that it wasn't fair that he was perfect and I wasn't.

“Madeline,” he said sternly. He seemed all to worried about something.

“It's not fair that you have it so good,” I hissed as I carefully chose my words, “You have the perfect family. The nicest sister, the sweetest brother, and the most beautiful parents in the world, and some how you always manage to act like you hate it all.” He looked shocked for a moment that I'd actually said that.

“We are far from perfect,” he said in a sad tone.

“Well name one imperfection.”

“I'm mean to nice people.”

“I knew that. I meant about your life.”

“My family are vampires.”

“That's insane. Now tell the truth.”

“My family and I are vampires,” he said again with a little more force behind it. My eyes grew wide.

“I always knew this house was full of insane asylum rejects. I always knew.” I got up from the step and started walking down the long drive way. I was not staying here. No matter how insanely gorgeous all the boys are these people are nuts.

“We are not nuts,” Kegan hissed as he stood in front of me. I looked up at him, and then I looked back at the porch. I was a good six feet ahead of him two seconds ago. I heard no noise and suddenly he was there. That's impossible. Wait.

“Did you said nuts?” He nodded.

“Oh my god, he's freaking telepathic,” I thought to myself self and he suddenly smirked.

“I am not telepathic.” My eyes widened.

“You freaking little smurf get out of my brain,” I screamed in my head.

“Now that I didn't understand.” His brow furrowed. “Did you say something bad about me?” No not at all you dumb-ass little smurf.

“You did!”

“I did not.”

“Lydia is coming, and someone is coming up the drive way. We should probably move,” he said quietly. I looked at him in confusion. He took the opportunity and pulled me back onto the steps.

About ten minutes later Lydia came bounding out of the house and a sleek black limo pulled up. “I told you,” he whispered.

“Oh, so you're a lucky guesser big deal,” I thought as I glared at him. He furrowed his brow.

“How can I make you understand,” he whispered.

“Come on Maddie, mom and dad say get out of here,” Lydia giggled as the limo door opened.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you enjoy my loverly readers... I now have 26 readers and 11 subscribers and
I still can only name 4 of them.... lolz seriously comment please!! haha I want at least
two comments on or about this stroy before I post another chapter. Sorry guys but I
really want some comments... well more like feed back. Seriously what do you want
to happen! let me know... I'll see what I can do to make the story as best as it can be!