Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Nervous laughter and rude chatter!

“Oh my God, he's here,” I sighed. A sudden burst of butterflies swarmed my stomach. I couldn't figure out why I was so nervous, but I did not want to leave that restroom.

“Nervous,” Lydia asked. I nodded reluctantly. “Don't worry. You'll be fine. I promise.” The words she spoke seemed like a lullaby causing me to calm down slowly. This is too crazy.

“Lydia, why am I so nervous? It's not like I care if he likes me because I like,” I cut myself off before I could finish the sentence.

“Because you like Regan right? Don't worry. It's okay to be nervous around new people.” She linked her arm through mine as we headed once again towards the door.

“Please don't let me embarrass myself.”

We walked out of the ladies room and Lydia unlinked our arms, but before she walked forward she squeezed my elbow in a comforting way. She smiled and I tried my best to return it, but I'm sure it came out looking like a grimace. She giggled slightly as we walked over to the table. She took a seat next to Regan who was chatting up a storm with the boy in front of him. He had golden hair with platinum frosted tips, his bright neon green eyes glowing with excitement over what the boys were talking about.

“See, isn't your birthday present gorgeous,” Regan said happily as he stared at me. The boy just looked awed.

“That's my present. You've got to be kidding me,” the boy answered a little less enthusiastic.

“That's a little harsh Tee,” Lydia hissed.

“Well then if you don't like her can you talked dad into giving her to me,” Regan asked with a touch of begging in his voice.

“Sure, sure. I want to know why you want her though,” the boy said.

“Because she is awesome in every way. Aren't you Maddie.”

“Maddie? That sounds like a dog's name,” the boy looked straight at me as he said this.

“And every day they cause me to hate them even more,” I said under my breath.

“What was that, love,” the boy asked.

“Don't call me love! You don't even like me,” I said through clenched teeth. He grinned.

“Awe, she thinks she's tough,” he cooed.

“I can't wait till your birthday. I'm going to smother you with your own pillow.”

“Madeline,” Lydia hissed as Regan giggled. The boy had a new look of satisfaction.

“The name is Thomas James Hanson. T.J for short, and you will not talk that way once you're mine.” Regan's face fell suddenly.

“But you don't want her.”

“Oh now I think I do.” He ground his teeth around his mouth and Regan suddenly looked worried. Lydia just rolled her eyes.

“Hi guys, my name is Lelia, what can I get you,” the pretty blond waitress said as she walked up to our table. We order random food, and I noticed T.J checking her out.

“So the moron likes blonds,” I whispered to Lydia. She giggled as she nodded. I looked at T.J who was staring at me as I plotted out what I was going to do when I got back to the house.

The rest of dinner was a little boring, I mean, Lydia stared at T.J who stared at Lelia who wanted Regan who was succeeding in keeping my attention very easily. Suddenly the door opened with a very loud bang and just take a while guess who waltzed into the room.

“Hello everyone, I want you to meet my fiancée,” he slurred. I groaned.

“Regan do something,” I whispered. He smiled and laughed at his brother. “That's not the something I meant.”

“T.J. Oh man, I never thought I'd see you with a girl like that,” Kegan said as he glared at me. I sighed. Here we go.

“Well I hear she's just a present anyway.”

“Oh God Save me,” I screeched at once as T.J wrapped an arm around me and Regan looked like he was going to committee murder. Before I knew what happened Kegan pounced on the table right in front of T.J.

“Just remember who helped you through the last three days Madeline, and then when he beats you like your father did, don't come crying to me,” Kegan hissed. Regan pulled him off the table and looked at him in awe.

“I took everything and more from my father. I don't need this from the people who 'own me' now,” I hissed.

“Maddie,” a voice a cross the room called. I looked up to see someone I never thought I'd see again.

“Naomi?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you XxfrozenblackrosexX! You've made me want to write more
and more on this story since I've started it and I couldn't thank you enough.
so I decided to add my most dedicated fan into her favorite story of mine.

Oh if you're curious I now have 33 readers and 14 subscribers... You guys don't
know how happy that makes me... now if I could get more than 9 comments I'd be
estatic. haha I'm working on Naomi's description and the next chapter now. I hope you
enjoy.

Thanks again XxfrozenblackrosexX