Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

We'll get along quite nicely!

I had been laying in that stupid ugly hospital bed for I know at least twenty four hours all ready. Regan kept coming in the check on me while I watched some random old movie. It was black and white, and it had those really old snowy kissing scenes. It was a sweet movie. I was tired of Regan interrupting though.

The door squeaked open and I was prepared to scream at Regan, but to my utter shock there stood a familiar face in the door frame. “Hello there,” T.J said in a velvety voice. It made me want to check myself, but then I remember I was in a hospital so it didn't matter how I looked.

“What are you doing here,” I questioned. His bright neon green eyes seemed to take on a new sadness as he stared at me, and I couldn't help but to find this all a bit odd.

“We'll Kegan called me this morning and told me what happened. Well, more like he tried to murder you,” T.J said nervously, “so I thought I'd drop by and say hi, see how much damage he'd done.”

“I'm fine, he just busted my head. I have to have five staples and my hair is ruined thanks to him.” I rolled my eyes as I just laid there. It's not like I had anything else to do or anything.

“I'm sorry. I tend to be a little rude when I first meet people.” His eyes and his smile looked genuine, but something about his apology seemed off.

“Uh huh.”

“Tommy,” a screech came from down the hall. He immediately peered out of the door.

“What's wrong kiddo?”

“Why is River Parker and Zane Warner here,” a girl with dark blond hair asked. Her hair seemed almost brown, only the florescent lights caught the shimmers of her shiny blond hair. Her eyes were a dark forest green, and she seemed way to pale standing next to T.J who had to be like the sun God over there.

“I wouldn't know.”

“They're coming this way.”

“That's strange.”

“Kegan's with them.” I automatically groaned at the sound of his name. The two looked at me as if they forgot I was there.

“I am so tired of stupid Kegan Vaara. Someone should just shoot him.”

“That's a little harsh don't you think, Madeline,” the velvety voice filled the room. I rolled my eyes and the little girl stared at him like a love sick puppy.

“No, after what happened last night, you deserver all the harshness in the world. Now, is Regan getting me out of her or am I going to have to plead insanity to get them to get me out of this room.”

“Ha ha! She's funny Tommy,” the girl said.

“Please don't take this the wrong way, but who the hell are you,” I hissed at her. Her eyes widened as she stepped behind T.J as if she was afraid.

“She's my sister, and if you scare her again I guarantee that Kegan won't be the only one trying to murder you,” T.J hissed back with a glare. I sighed.

“Ugh! I need out of this room. I need out of this life. I need out of this present gig. I need out of my own mind,” I rambled. Kegan stared at me in awe, Zane chuckled to himself a bit, and the boy in the corner seemed worried.

“Sorry, hospitals freak me out. My name is Maddie, what's yours,” I asked sweetly. I felt like I was talking to a five year old and she had to be at least sixteen.

“Rena Amy Hanson, but everyone calls me Remy. Kind of like Tommy and his nick name,” she said shyly.

“Tommy, huh. So, is Tommy a good person,” I asked with a grin as I stared at him. He glared even harder at me.

“Usually, unless someone says something about mommy, or picks on me,” she said more bravely as she took a step away from him.

“Well, it was nice to meet you Remy. Now your turn,” I said as I turned to the guy at Zane's side.

“What?” The guy had a dark tan, but not quite as dark as T.J's. He seemed worried about being in the small room. He kept flicking nervous glances at Kegan who was too busy glaring at me. His hair was almost as dark of brown as Benny's, but his eyes matched mine. He had beautiful white and perfectly straight teeth when he opened his mouth to speak, and he seemed to be about Zane's hight which had to be 6'2 or 6'3.

“Your turn who are you, are you kin to anyone, or are you an insane asylum reject too,” I asked more sarcastically as I gave Kegan a small glare.

“No, I'm friends with Reg, and T.J. Kegan sort of hates me,” the guy admitted.

“Well, now all I need is a name for that face of yours and I think we'll get along quite nicely.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so we got the confusion straightened out. Thanks
for letting me know what happened. I was seriously scared
for a while. Unfortunately this is my last update today sorry
guys but home work calls, plus I am super tired. Please
leave comments though, and messages if you want. I
appreciate all the feed back I can get. I realize in early chapters
it askes TJ or Kegan, you don't have to decide until you get to know them
that's just a heads up for future refrences. I've had others ask about the
bed time story. I don't know if I'm going to take that anywhere or not, we'll
see when we get there.