Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Meet the insane asylum rejects!

A jaw numbing thud brought me out of my thoughts as I hit the hard wood floor hard. I was lone seconds ago what could I have hit? What ever it was felt like a brick wall. I would be surprised if there was a brick wall in the middle of the hall because so the people I'd met seemed a little eccentric. “Who are you,” a harsh voice questioned. I immediately groaned. A person is what I ran into. Figures on my first day let alone in my first hour of the place my clumsiness would get to me.

“I am so sorry,” I started but I was quickly cut off.

“I didn't ask for an apology I asked who you are,” the voice hissed once again. I didn't even hesitated this time.

“Well then maybe I won't tell you,” I said childishly. I can't believe that came out of my mouth. I can't believe I said something so childish to someone other than Benny.

“Okay, well how about this, what the hell are you doing in my house,” the voice screeched once again. I looked up from the floor just because the curiosity of seeing this person who was being so rude got to me. I wished I hadn't looked up. There stood a boy about 5'11 or so, not too tall. He had black hair with blue highlights that was a little to shaggy. It landed perfectly in his piercing gray eyes, and the fury in those eyes made me shrink back just a little. A few moments later Mr. Grayson entered the room. I groaned once again.

“James, who is this,” he looked at me in disgust, “girl? What is she doing in my house,” he said angrily. I glared at him. It didn't matter if he looked absolutely amazing in that random band tee shirt and those black ripped jeans. I just wanted to kick is flipping face in.

“That's your wife to be sir,” Grayson said with a smirk and I laughed a little at that. I shook my head back and forth as I laughed. I'm sure I looked like an insane freak as I giggled like the joker and shook my head.

“Number one, I am not your fiancée. Number two, thank God! Number three, who is T.J,” I explained a little more giggly than I had wanted to. He boy stared at me like I had grown wings.

“She's T.J's,” he asked in disbelief. Grayson shook his head now. Almost mocking me without the giggling.

“You are not T.J's you are Mr. Vaara's,” Grayson said a little more firmly. I looked at him as if he were insane.

“The guy, the one that you were so freaked out about when I was on the ground, told me I was supposed to be some girl named Amanda. Now you know as well as I do that I am Maddie. So who is T.J,” I tried once again. They both looked at me like I was a mass murderer or something.

“Mr. Vaara told you that,” Grayson said slowly like he was talking to a five year old.

“Yes!” Did it take a huge neon sign taped to your forehead to get these people to listen to you.

“Has Dad lost his mind. We can't keep her here. I don't care if it is for Derek and T.J,” the boy said. Okay this place had got to be full of mental institution patiences. These people must have been on hard drugs or something. Seriously where is the owner I want to go home and take more beatings at least they were sane!

“Oh no! They did not tell me about this. Sir I had no idea,” Grayson started acting like he was ready to start begging for forgiveness.

“Oh no you did not just call a teenager sir. Your like forty why would you call him sir,” I laughed again as I looked up at the two.

“She's stupid, she knows nothing,” gasped the boy. I glared death daggers at his head. I hope something happens to him. Not like death or anything, just that he falls and breaks his perfect face! He sent me a death glare mixed with a smirk, if that's even possible, as I thought this, and I couldn't help but to wonder if he could read mines or something. Because that's what it looked like he was thinking.

“I'm in a mansion full of insane asylum rejects. Grayson, I want to go back to my poverty. I'll take whatever dad has coming for me after those scenes today. Just take me home now,” I said in a low tone as I turned my head back to the floor. This place was seriously scary.

“Keg! Dude you never came back man. What's the hold up,” a voice came from down the hall. Seconds later another boy stood in front of me. He looked exactly like the first boy only his hair was dyed blond with blood red highlights personally I thought he was a lot better looking only because his smile was gorgeous. Plus he wasn't yelling while sending me death glares.

“We have a guest,” was all the first boy said. I sighed. I want out of here.

“Well then why is our guest on the floor. Guys show some curiosity here. What is chivalry dead,” the second said as he stepped between Grayson and the first boy and held out a hand to me. “Sorry. My brother is an anger addict and Grayson is just stupid.” I couldn't hold back a smile at that. I took his hand gratefully, and stood up with his help.

I looked at Grayson who still seemed a bit worried, “I still want to go back,” I said in a cold voice.

“Go back where, love, we don't even know your name,” the second boy asked with a seductive grin.

“Speak for your self,” the first boy griped.

“Madeline. Maddie Garver,” I said weakly. Now they were being really weird.

“Uh huh, I'm Regan. Now where we going,” the blond asked again. This kid was so different from everyone else here.

“Back to my shabby poverty ridden home. Everyone has been way out of it since I got here and I'd rather go back to my dad beating me because I wasn't one of his precious little boys,” I stated in one breath. He looked taken aback by my comment, but I really didn't care.

“She is insane,” Regan's twin said. I glared at him.

“Honey you were insane way before I was. Now can I please get way from the crazy guy,” I said as I held my death glare. He smirked a very gorgeous smirk that I would have loved if it weren't under these circumstances.

“Kegan can't you be nice to anyone. God, I don't know how your fiancée is going to put up with you,” Regan hissed at his brother. I laughed.

“Reg she started it bud, and besides. You're holding my fiancée's hand.” Again that sexy smirk crossed his face.

I opened my mouth to object but he gave me this look that said just be quiet about it. I opened my mouth once again and he gave me a glare that mad me shut up. It was a scary kind of glare that basically said 'keep your mouth closed or I'll close it for you' so I let go of Regan's ice cold hand. I hadn't realized how cold it was until I let go, and my hand hurt from the frost bite I think I got from him.

“Sorry,” he blushed a little. “Come on Keg. The guest are waiting.” Regan gave me one last look and started taking long strides down the hall. The way he carried his self reminded me so much of his father it was scary.

“See you later sweetie,” Kegan cooed mockingly as he walked off after his brother.

“You are one messed up girl you know that,” Grayson said suddenly.

“Huh?”

“You'd rather go back to that sick place you called a home, nearly be beaten to death, and not have enough food than to live here for one week,” he spat.

“Well if you were in my shoes you would too.” He glared as he turned and walked down the hall. I sighed and followed Grayson.

After a three minute walk or so, I ended up back at the front door. That was a good sign I hadn't got lost yet. I looked around as I admired the deep shade of blue the walls were painted, and the beautiful golden fixings of the room. I sighed, if only this had been my family's life before the I could have been with all my siblings, I thought to myself. The ceilings were so high, and there were at least two chandlers I could see. It was absolutely amazing. I found the stair case and ran my hand over the ivory railing as I walked up each step slowly. I know marveled in the beauty of this house, so far everything had been in a Victorian style, and I was aching to see what my room looked like. I got to the second floor, and yet again I had to stop and admire the beauty of the gothic carvings in the doors. I sighed and thought yet again how I wished Abby and Benny could be here. Greg would love it because it looked like it came straight out of a history book, and Paulie would just want to be here with me. Paulie.

It had only been a few hours, and I missed him like crazy. This was going to be really hard on me not being able to see them like I want to. Like I should be able to see them. I knew in my heart that if our father could find away those kids would never see me again because of what I said. I had to be so stupid and say that they were unfit parents. Maybe I could call child services, but that would never work. They'd only separate us all and we'd have no one. At least now they have each other.

The first door I came to on the left side of the hall way just happened to be on a corner. I don't know why but I found that odd detail amusing. I thought of an old movie I had watched on television one night with Abby. Dirty Dancing I think it was, but one line stuck out in my mind. “Nobody puts baby in a corner,” I just find that amusing. I took hold of the door handle. It was silver. I didn't know if it was real silver or not, but I took a wild guess and said that it was real silver. I slowly turned the door knob, and pushed the heavy oak door open. I smiled as I looked through the threshold of my new room.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy and comment.