Status: Going under Editing! Tell your friends and family the series is coming back as a whole new story!

How Could This Happen to Me?

Kegan and T.J's thoughts

Kegan's POV.

“That was so stupid,” I screamed at myself for the thousandth time. My fist was bloody and Arizona was groaning loudly. “Come here,” I hissed as I sat on him. He struggled for a few minutes until he saw I wasn't hitting him. “I have to set your nose. Stay still or it will hurt worse.” He didn't move, he just groaned again. I sighed as I put both of my knees on either side of his arms. He would not punch me when I did this. “On three, ready.” he groaned again. “One, two.” I pushed the upper part of his nose to the right, and the lower to the left until I felt the pop signaling that it was in place. He screamed rather loudly.

“Dammit Kegan,” he hissed as blood began to come out of his nose once again. He leaned on his side as he coughed up more blood.

I wouldn't be lying if I said I beat him to a bloody pulp. I didn't realize how angry I'd been when he tried to force himself on Maddie. I didn't mean to look at her like that. I just heard her weak voice and her rapid heart beating. I had to make sure she was okay, but I looked at her like I had been looking at my cousin.

“Why would you do that you stupid vampire,” I hissed at him.

“Why do you care? Remember Kegan, you told her yourself you hated her.”

“Well, I lied. I found away out of that damned marriage just for her, and now look where she is. Crying her eyes out to my brother and T.J of all people. I knew this would happen. I knew if I let mom and dad give her to him that I would lose her.”

“You are a dog!”

“Well your a rapist!”

“I didn't get any where with her.”

“Thanks to me you dick!”

“You're just jealous.”

“Damn right I'm jealous. If you weren't family you'd be dead.”

“You can't kill me,” Arizona hissed.

“I can and if you ever touch her again, I will. I promise you Zona, nothing on the face of this planet will keep me from tearing you apart starting with your eye balls,” I growled.

“You wouldn't. I know you too well Kegan. You wouldn't kill me. You'd be to bent on torturing me for eternity.”

“You're right.” I kicked him in the face, re-breaking his nose, and the blood flowed more and more.

T.J's POV.

Regan had Maddie's right arm, and I had her left as he half carried her down the road. She had run so hard that she was sure to have pulled most of her leg muscles and probably a few in her back as well. I couldn't understand why she was coughing up so much blood though. Maybe it was just because her lungs had given out. I couldn't tell you for sure, but I hoped it would stop. She looked way to pale, and I could tell her breathing hadn't returned to normal even after almost a half an hour of sitting and walking. Her heart sounded as if it was trying to beat straight out of her chest. “Are you sure you're all right,” I questioned once again.

“I'm,” she coughed and spit on the ground in front of her once again more blood, “fine,” she said as he breathing into her nose and out of her mouth.

“You are not fine,” I said under my breath. Regan gave me a questioning look.

“Reg, can you hear what I hear,” I asked him instead of her. He gave me a look of understanding as he nodded his head.

“Her heart is beating to fast. She isn't getting enough air. This could be bad T.J.”

“Could be,” she asked slowly.

“Well, hopefully you just over loaded your self the way you were running. If that isn't it, then well it could be pretty serious. I'm not sure what it could be though.”

“I just,” cough, “ran to hard. I'll be fine.” She kept taking those heavy breaths. I looked at Regan, and he sighed.

“Just carry her T.J. It's not right to have drag her anymore,” he said in a wary tone. He let go of her arm, and her right said almost fell limply to the ground. I picked her up bridal style and we began to pick up the pace a little. Maybe Dad would know what to do.

“What are we going to tell everyone?”

“I don't know, Tee. I don't know.”

“What if we see Kegan?”

“Don't let him see her.”

“What if he does?”

“Keep him away.”

“How?”

“Tell them your marrying her. I don't know. What do I look like a genius? Shut up and let me think will you.” I continued walking next to Regan in silence as her heart pounded wildly against her chest
♠ ♠ ♠
I have 2 of the 11 votes I want for Team T.J and Team Kegan.
Do you love Kegan, or do you love T.J?
Who do you want to see in the sequal? Okay bad question.
Who do you want to be a main character in the sequal?