Making Memories Last

The Habits Of Quidditch Practice

"You guys need to throw the Quaffle faster and harder!" Oliver yelled a the Gryffindor team had their first practice of the season. "If I can catch it, any of the Keepers can!"

"I hope you realize you're berating yourself, Wood." Fred joked. I smacked my forehead. Even in the stands, practice was horrendously brutal. And Fred had just said the wrong thing.

"Five laps around the pitch, Weasley." Oliver growled. I really do worry about him. All the time. Fred gave a cocky look and began to speed off on his broom. "Stop right there Fred. On foot."

"Are you trying to kill him?" Angelina asked. Oliver glared at her, and she busied herself talking tactics with Alicia.

"No one leaves until I get quality effort out of you!" He continued, causing everyone to sigh. "Now, I am going to release the balls again, and we're going to have a good practice, correct?"

"Wait! Fred's running, you're making me do this myself?" George cried. Oh, that poor boy.

"In theory, yes I am." Oliver said as if it were final, then flipped up the lid of the box. He threw the quaffle up, then took off on his broom to the goal posts on the left side of the field. This practice would be brutal. Thank Merlin I didn't try out the year before.

"Hey, how's practice going?" Danny asked as she and Cedric came and sat behind me.

"Horribly. This year, he's going crazier than ever!" I replied.

"Well, this is his last year, I guess he has reason to act the way he does." Cedric offered, trying to make up for Oliver's behavior.

"Good try Diggory, but he's gone over the deep end this time. He's actually got Fred running for making comments."

"Oh bloody hell." Danny sighed.

"You seem to be sighing a lot lately, Danny." I pointed out. Then I realized, she showed up with Cedric. I'd ask her about that later.

"Yeah, well… okay I've got nothing." The three of us laughed, then I turned my attention back to the field. Oliver was storming his way up to the school, and the rest of the team was on the field talking. I ran as fast as I could to the rest of the team, and grew worried when I saw their faces.

"What happened?!" I asked.

"He got mad and just left. We can't be doing that bad!" Katie said, practically in tears.

"You're doing great, I've been watching this whole time! He's just stressing because he wants to be the best."

"He needs a girlfriend." Harry thought aloud. The moment after, the rest of them looked at me.

"What are you looking at me for? I'll go talk to him though…" I said.

"Snog him and we might not have practice for a week." Fred put in hopefully.

"Nah, I'm sure he swings the other way." At this comment, everyone stared at George. "What? I've never seen him with a girl the entire time I've been here."

"Stop teaching Harry bad things. I'll see you guys later." I waved to them, then Danny and Cedric in the stands, then made my way to the castle.

In all honesty, the sad part was that I knew where to look. Heading my way up the stairs to the seventh floor (with a brief interlude of having to dry myself. I should have never taught Peeves about water balloons…) I went to where the Room Of Requirement was.

Even though I was worried about what Oliver could possibly be doing, I stopped for moment. And I'm embarrassed to say, I thought about what George said.

I mean, no one really has seen Oliver with a girl, except his mum, or Quidditch teammates. It was quite possible he was going for the wrong team. It was also possible that he was too in love with Quidditch to care.

Rolling my eyes, I abandoned my thoughts and commenced to walking by the 'door' three times, thinking "I need a room full of many items I could use to kill myself". When the actual door showed up, I braced myself for the worst and opened the door. What I saw actually shocked me. Hah, and I thought I'd seen everything he could throw at me.

"Oliver, what in the hall are you doing?!"

"Trying to kill myself!"

"With an ironing board?"

"Oh, is that what this is?" The thing I hated most was how casually that came out of his mouth.

"yeah, Oliver… now… be a good little keeper and step AWAY from the ironing board."

"What if I don't wanna?" He challenged.

"You're messing with the wrong person right now, Ollie." If asking wasn't going to work, I was going to threaten him. "Give me the ironing board or I hit you."

"You wouldn't." I could have sworn I saw him flinch.

"I would."

"Then do your worst!" He yelled, then ran though the aisled of items in the room, trying to run away. Sometimes I question his sanity.

"Don't be a baby about this, Oliver." I chased after him, and being the faster one (plus, I wasn't carrying that damned ironing board. Merlin knows how he was going to kill himself with that) I caught up quickly. I ran past him to stop him, then punched him square in the face.

My aim was true, and he fell like a brick, ironing board clattering to the floor next to him. I really hadn't meant to hit him so hard, but what was done was done. I sighed for a moment, I knew I'd feel bad about this later. However, for now, i had to get him to his dorm. I don't know how I was getting him up the stairs. I grabbed him by the arms and proceeded to drag his tall, slightly stocky body up to his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
nice, long update for you kids.
of course, not that anyone is reading this -cries-

ahh well.
thank Liz for the wonderful part about the ironing board. =]
comments&subscriptions if you do read, please?

<3 Sarah! At The Crisco