Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Alive

HARRY'S P.O.V.

"Ginny for the love of Merlin stop aiming your hexes at me!" Evelyn screamed.

She had been attempting to teach Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, Fred, George, Ginny, and I a variety of complex curses and hexes. Each one of Ginny's was strategically aimed at Evelyn's head.

It had been five days since Evie got here. Each day we spent the morning working on wandless defense, the afternoon on armed defense, then late at night we'd practice concealing ourselves from our enemies. The lessons were always well planned and extremely useful. However, at each one, Ginny found some way to hurt, annoy, or piss Evelyn off.

After another three curses had been carefully dodged, Evelyn blew her top. Again.

"Ginny, the next time you aim a curse at me I swear to Merlin I'll..."

"You'll what?" she spat, "Tell You-Know-Who to kill me? We've all seen the mark on your arm. We know what you are."

"Ginny," Hermione yelled, "You bloody idiot. Evie's working as a spy for the Order, just like Snape. Every day she's here she puts her life at risk for Harry, for all of us."

"Oh yeah, for Harry. I get it. I know she loves him. She's trying to take him from me."

"Give it a rest, Ginny," I groaned.

Though part of me hoped she was right. Evelyn was a looker, and smart too. I could see past her tough, Slytherin Princess facade. The way she studied my face when she thought I wasn't looking said it all. She fancies me. And I know it.

"Ginny! I don't fancy Harry! I can't fancy Harry!" Evie yelled.

Ouch.

"Why not? Because of your precious Draco? Like you really love him. What's the real reason you can't fancy Harry? I've seen the way you look at him, we all have. We're just dying to know!"

I thought Evelyn was going to kill her. Her face turned a deep shade of purple and she let out an ear piercing scream. She grabbed her left forearm and fell to the ground in pain.

"Evelyn? Are you okay?" George asked.

"What's going on?" Fred said, terror in his voice, "She's convulsing."

She was too. She lay on the ground twitching and shaking violently. I'd seen that before. I'd experienced that before. It was the mirror image of a person being tortured.

"It looks like the Cruciatus Curse has been placed on her," Neville whispered.

We all turned our faces to Ginny in unison. She was crying. She felt bad, but she had not cursed Evelyn. When we turned back to Evie she had stopped convulsing and sat up with some support from Ron.

"What was all that about?" Hermione asked.

"He doesn't want me to tell you why I don't fancy Harry," she whispered.

"I'm so sorry, Evelyn," Ginny squealed.

"It's fine, really," she insisted, "I think I should explain."

"But Voldemort, won't he hurt you?" I asked.

"Probably," she smirked, "But I'll be fine. He can't kill me, he needs me to bring about your downfall."

"What?" Luna gasped, coming back to reality from where ever her mind had wandered off to.

"You guys really don't know of the second prophecy do you?"

---

"So let me get this straight," I said, hands cupped around my warm tea cup in the kitchen. "If Lord Voldemort can't kill me, someone who is related to both he and I have to do it? So you're having his kid because I'm your half brother?"

"That's it in a nutshell," she shrugged. Molly hugged her tightly.

"Oh you poor, poor girl. Being tortured like that. Oh it's absolutely terrible," she cried.

"I'm sorry, Evie, I had no idea," Ginny apologized for the millionth time.

"It's fine, look, I'm okay. Really I am. I have a great group of Slytherin friends, an amazingly loving boyfriend, a few new DA friends, and two caring brothers. What more support could a girl ask for?" she smiled.

I stared at my sister, studying her face. So this was what she'd been doing. Studying me.

She was simply trying to figure out who I was, if we were alike, what life would have been like if we'd known about one another. It was nice to know, that after all I'd been through, I really wasn't alone. She'd suffered too, lost her parents, she was like me. I decided in that instant to look after my sister, we needed one another, whether she realized it or not.

The next instant, Dumbledore strode into the kitchen followed by Lupin, Tonks, Mad-Eye Moody, Kingsley Shacklebolt, and Professor Snape.

"Evelyn, are you okay?" Snape asked. He looked sincerely concerned for her well being.
She got up from the table and ran to hug him. I'd never before seen Snape act like such a human; such a father figure. It was exceedingly unusual.

"Severus, it was so awful," Evelyn sobbed into his chest, "Every night. Every single night. I couldn't even leave that room; it was splattered with my mother's blood. It was the most horrific experience of my life."

Snape rubbed her back, reassuringly then pulled away from her. He held her an arms length away by her shoulders.

"Now, Evelyn. You've cried, made your peace with it. What do we say?" he asked her softly.

"Pureblood life is sacrifice. We toil and suffer to meet our ambitions, one day, I will be rewarded for my misery," she stated confidently.

"And why is that?"

"Because I deserve the world, I deserve better than what the Dark Lord has given me."

He looked shocked, maybe even appalled.

"You must never speak ill of him! He'll torture you for this! Who told you that?"

"Draco," she whispered, "Draco says I deserve the world."

"Well, good for him to think so, now say it right," Snape commanded.

"Pureblood life is sacrifice. We toil and suffer to meet our ambitions, one day, I will be rewarded for my misery," she blushed and her voice lowered to a whisper, "The day when the world is rid of it's filth."

"There," Snape said, patting her head, "At least now you won't get in trouble."

"What a load of hog wash," Ron grumbled.

"Welcome to Pureblood society," Evelyn said lightly. "It's a nice confidence booster, but I don't necessarily agree with the last part."

She sat back down next to me and sipped her tea.

"Now, Ms. Zabini," Dumbledore said, "Why don't you enlighten these key members of the Order with your tale?"

She told the whole story again. Stopping only once, to repeat her 'confidence booster' the Draco way, and hold in tears.

It was at the moment she finished that I began to appreciate Purebloods. They went through so much, well at least Evelyn did, and they held it all in. They stayed strong, barely shed a tear. They bottled everything up and held their heads up high. If I could be half as strong as my sister, I could squash Voldemort.

"What was your mother's name?" Tonks asked, when Evelyn had finished completely.

"Delilah Krawford," Evelyn managed to choke out. She was struggling to hold in her emotions.

"Of course! That was girl James used to always run around with! I should have seen the resemblance sooner!" Lupin exclaimed.

Tonks nudged him.

"Don't sound so chipper, Remus. You'll upset her," she whispered.

"No, Tonks, don't you see?" he asked, eyes fully lit up with excitement.

"See what?" I asked curiously.

"Evelyn, Voldemort lied."

"What?" she asked.

"Your mother is alive!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh the drama...
Comments?
XoXo Kate