Into Your Icy Blues

I

She walked, laughing, into the park with her best friend, Laura. She couldn't stop thinking about how much her life had changed since her boyfriend, well technically ex-boyfriend now, her best friend, Ben had died. But she refused to let it bring her down when she was out with her friends.

"Lauraaaa! There's Levviiiiii!" Laura looks at her strangely and laughs.

"Race you there!" She screams and runs towards her startled friend.

She laughs as she runs towards him and falls over, rolling across the grass in a fit of giggles. A hand reaches down towards her and she looks up, her own eyes meeting what seems to her as the eyes of an angel, a saviour, a hero. She looks away blushing.

"Need a hand?" She looks back up to his face and becomes mesmorised by his voice. She nods shyly and takes his hand. He pulls her up and holds her hand for a little bit longer than neccessary. He smiles down at her, as he is a few inches taller than her. When he finally lets go of her hand, she uses both her hands to brush down herself after laying on the grass, and leaves. He smiles at her and turns to someone else, and begins talking to him.

She finds herself staring at him, taking in everything about him. The way his hair looks, the way his bangs cover one of his eyes, the way his clothes cling to his body. She can't stop staring at him, feeling a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach. She's broken out of her trance by a hand waving in front of her eyes. She quickly blinks and looks towards the source of the waving hand, Laura.

"Hon, take a picture, it will last longer," She says and winks at her. Smiling scarcasticly and poking her tongue outchildlishy in reply, she turns and walks the other way, towards her group of friends sitting in a slightly out-of-shape circle on the floor, just outside the skate park.

"Hey Laurenn! Hon, how are you?" Her best friend of many years, Ryan, asks her, as she finds a space in the circle and sits down. She smiles cheesily at him and replies, "I'm great thanks mate!" He smiles back at her and she sits down. Still grinning at nothing at all.

- - -

Two hours later

She sits in the middle of the park, fiddling randomly with the lighter in her hands. God, I wish I had something to burn right now.. She thinks to herself. As if he read her mind, her angel, her saviour, her hero comes and sits down, cross-legged, opposite her. He holds out a plactic biscuit packet and grins childishly. She smiles back at him.

"Care to burn things with me?" She nods in reply to his question and shuffles in closer towards him. He looks at her, studying her. She sees him staring at her and blushes. She mumbles something but he doesn't quite catch it. He shurgs it off and places the plactic packet on the grass, in between them. She looks at it and flicks on her lighter. She puts the flame to the plastic, but her hand is unsteady, she can't quite get the plastic alight. She sighs and turns it off, fustrated. He notices her annoyance and gestures towards the lighter, stillin her hands. She looks up at him and smile slightly. She reaches her hand out, the one with the lighter in, waiting for him to take it. He smiles and shakes his head, she looks at him, her head titled slightly, confused. He laughs lightly and grabs her hand.

"Turn it on now," He says to her, smiling. She quickle obeys, flicking on the lighter, fascinated by the flame. He steadies her hand with his own as she leads it towards the plastic on the grass in between them. She can see the tip of flame touching the plastic and puts on a satisfied grin. She looks up at him and smiles softly. He smiles that amazing smile back at her and she feel herself blushing for what must be the tenth thousand time today, it seems to her. He rubs the back of her hand lightly with his thumb and lets go of her hand slowly, making sure every finger touches hers. She puts her hands into her lap and sits still, concentrating on the fire before her. He does the same.

They sit there, stealing glances at each other, looking away and blushing when the other catches them. She wishes that she could just lean over the fire between them and hug him, cuddle him. But she thinks that she is too far out of his league, that she would never stand a chance. The fire starts to burn out and she thinks that the dwindling fire is like how she feels about him. Once it goes out, it won't come back. Not the same anyway. She thinks that this is like what could happen to her, with him. If they part now, without exchanging numbers or anything, she will never see him again. She lets out a long, confused, troubled sigh, blowing out the fire accidently. He look up at her and smiles softly. Oh, how she's grown to love that smile over the few hours she's known him. She's falling head over heels for him, but there is nothing she can do about it.

She realises that she has to go home. Standing up, she takes one last, long, look at him and says goodbye. He says goodbye back and she smiles down at him, still sitting on the floor. He returns the smile and they wave goodbye. She turns around and walks briskly out of the gate, not daring to look back, incase she sees him again and bursts into tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Like it, hate it?

Comments, subs? (:

<3