How Dark Is the Night?

Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Hurley

We picked Bev up and Joe followed us to the courthouse in Andy’s car after Chrissy got her dress on and makeup fixed over at their place. When we arrived, Pete and Patrick’s cars were nowhere to be found. I saw Chrissy look around the parking lot worried.

“Well where is he?” Chrissy said referring about Andy.

“Uh, he will be here, don’t worry. Maybe they had to stop somewhere first. Pete, Brendon, and Patrick will get him here safe and in one piece.” I said touching Chrissy’s shoulder and trying to smile while I was nervous myself.

I looked over at Erelin and Sam for any help. Instead, we proceeded into the building and towards the office of the judge that was going to marry Chrissy and Andy. Chrissy seemed to perk up a bit as she held her marriage licence that her and Andy signed earlier but needed the judge to sign after they were married.

We stepped into the judge’s office and he greeted us. Seeing how the rest of the party had not showed up yet, he told us to wait in an empty room across the hall from his office that had a coke machine in it. Bev, Sam, Chrissy, Erelin and I sat down in some chairs. Joe remained with the judge hoping that Andy showed with the other guys.

We did not have to wait long though, because the judge’s secretary came into the room telling us the boys were there. I think we all had a sigh of relief except Chrissy who did not have a clue that Andy could have been a runaway groom. I heard Erelin’s thoughts on the matter as she turned and looked at me.

“I am so glad he decided to show up. I would have had to hunt him down, bite him and make him marry her if he didn’t show up.” Erelin thought. I just laughed and nodded my head.

We walked into the judge’s office and saw the fellas. Pete looked so stunning. He looks so hot when he cleans himself up.

Andy’s jaw dropped when he saw Chrissy step into the room. She was last and her dress was gorgeous. Pete had to elbow him to remind him to breathe. When she approached Andy, everyone stood behind them. I stood next to Pete with my right arm locked in his left.

The few words that the judge spoke were not like a preachers but it was simple and enough for Andy and Chrissy to be married now. If we all thought that this was chaotic, I hated to see how their wedding in the church in front of all their family and friends is going to turn out. There was no way I could get out of that one. Chrissy already had our bridesmaid dresses picked out. All we had to do was buy them when the time comes.

When Andy and Chrissy said I do, we all cheered. The judge signed the marriage licence and off we went to our cars. Now it was time for Chrissy and Andy’s surprise from everyone. In order for them to get it, they needed to be blind folded first.

“What’s that?” Chrissy asked.

“It is a blindfold.” Bev said laughing.

“I know that but for what?” Mrs. Hurley said.

“Hey, man, what gives? I can’t see!” Andy said as Joe and Patrick held him while Brendon tied a blindfold on him.

“This is for a surprise we have for you.” I said as Erelin took the blindfold and tied it across Chrissy’s eyes so she could not see.

“Where are we going then?” Andy asked.

“You will see.” Pete replied as we all piled into the cars and took off.