How Dark Is the Night?

What A Beautiful Wedding

“Ow!” Andy said as we all piled out of the cars. Apparently, Brendon and Joe were supposed to help him out but forgot about him still having the blindfold on.

“Andy!” Chrissy said as Erelin and I helped her out of my car.

“I’m fine; just a little help would have been nice. I will remember this Joe.” Andy said with everyone laughing.

“Joe, what am I going to do with you?” Bev said as we walked across the street to where we were surprising Chrissy and Andy.

Bev has connections now that she semi owns Jackie’s store since Jackie moved her up to a co-owner. She has made new friends from her high paying customers who flock in to see Jackie’s new designs. One of them is a chef who has bought many things for his wife.

Bev has given him many discounts because he brings in other customers to her shop. So tonight, the famous Chef Alan Ragoon has shut down his restaurant to give Chrissy and Andy a reception full of wonderful food and fun on the house because they are friends of hers.

“I can’t see! I can’t see!” Andy said jokingly as we stopped in front of the restaurant.

“Oh, Andy.” Sam said rolling her eyes.

“Ok, guys, you may now take off the blindfolds.” I said smiling.

“Andy, look! It’s Neo’s.” Chrissy exclaimed grabbing onto Andy after she took off her blindfold. Andy pocketed his.

“Yes it is.” Bev said smiling as Joe wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek.

“Does my wife have good taste or what?” Joe replied.

“But, how? Andy has tried for months to get us on the waiting list.” Chrissy said in happy tears.

“It helps to have a friend who knows people, doesn’t it?” I said as Chrissy was hugging Bev and then moving on to everyone else.

“Oh, thank you!” Chrissy said.

“Don’t worry, Andy. Chef Ragoon has vegetarian and vegan items too.” Bev said seeing how Andy was a little unsure of the place even though he wanted to take Chrissy here to eat.

“I can’t believe this!” Chrissy said kissing Andy and walking in the restaurant behind Bev and Joe. Everyone else went inside after them but Erelin, Brendon, me, and Pete.

“Guys, what is wrong?” I said turning around as I was about to step inside. Pete, Brendon, and Erelin’s fangs came out and they started to hiss. I looked around the street but saw and felt nothing. There were no vampires around.

“Guys? There is nothing here. I would feel it. Chrissy and Andy are going to have a wonderful evening. Now, come on.” I said motioning them to come on.

Erelin and Brendon retracted their fangs and went inside. Pete still kept looking around. He finally slipped his arm around my waist in a protective way and retracted his fangs.

“Something doesn’t feel right. Erelin and Brendon felt it too.” Pete whispered in my ear as we stepped inside the restaurant.

“I don’t understand. I don’t feel anything.” I said watching Pete’s facial expressions. He was definitely worried about this.

“All I know is what I sensed. There is something off. Something is not right like a balance has been shifted or something.” Pete replied as we took our seats.

I let it go for now seeing as how Brendon and Erelin were trying to push it into the back of their minds so that Chrissy and Andy were not alarmed. Chef Ragoon came out and personally took everyone’s order. When he came back to our table, he brought everyone’s food and it looked so delicious. He was known for having a little of everything so that if you wanted Italian you could get it, or American food, he had it, and so on.

Everyone was laughing and talking about old times as we ate. The boys were embarrassing Andy with stories of things he did before the boys met us. Chrissy was enjoying it. I think the wine we were given, helped in that too. It was a private party and the restaurant was closed to other people for the evening, so no one had to know.

After we ate and the table cleared, it came time for dessert. Chef Ragoon had made a wonderful wedding cake. That was also the time for Chrissy and Andy to have their first dance, which I had some musicians come in and play from my favorite eatery that Pete used to take me to eat.

When they were done dancing and the cake served, Brendon and Erelin whipped out the last surprise of the evening to them from all of us. He handed an envelope down to Erelin who passed it to me, who passed to Pete and so on until it reached Chrissy who put Andy’s hand on it to help rip it open.

Chrissy’s eyes widened when she saw a key and a note. Andy read the note, which mentioned that we rented a beach house for them to spend the next two nights in. The house was stockpiled with food and all kinds of supplies they may need. It was also located an hour away from us and close to the one Brendon rents for Erelin.

“Now, here are your car keys.” Joe said dangling them in front of Andy. “I took good care of your baby today.” Joe said laughing.

“You better have.” Andy said.

“And Sam and I made sure to load the trunk up with bags of your clothes and such.” Patrick said laughing.

“Now, get out of here and enjoy your wedding night, lovebirds!” Pete said standing up to hug the bride and groom as Chrissy was in tears.

“Wow, thanks guys.” Andy said hugging us all.

“Just remember to use protection. It’s all there.” Erelin said after she hugged Chrissy.

“Erelin!” She said embarrassed.

“What? It’s the truth.” Erelin replied.

After the happy bride and groom said their goodbyes and took off, we all sat and talked about the next Andy and Chrissy wedding. It was to be with their friends and family and we were to be the bridesmaids and groomsmen. We kept passing the bottle of wine back and forth.

When the wine ran out it was our time to leave as well. Everyone thanked the chef and headed out to our cars. Erelin and Brendon were heading home to have some alone time now that they were not needed at Patrick’s for anything.

Whatever they had felt along with Pete must have passed because no one wanted to talk about it and they seemed to act fine as we got in our cars. Pete drove us over to Patrick’s and I ran up to my room to change my clothes. Whatever Pete, Erelin, and Brendon had felt could not have been good and besides I needed to patrol tonight to find Kat.

“What are you doing?” Pete said as I was changing clothes.

“I am going out slaying.” I said throwing a bag on the bed to put some weapons in.

“No you are not. I don’t want you out tonight.” Pete said.

“I guess you will have to join me Pete because I am going and there is nothing you can do to stop me. It is my job to find out what happened exactly to Kat. I have to find Micah and I have to bring home Kat’s body so her parents can bury her.” I said a little mad.

“Listen to me.” Pete said pulling me to him. “I am sorry. I will not fight you tonight. I will come with you only because of what I felt tonight.” Pete said drawing me into a kiss.

“That’s good, because I didn’t feel like fighting either.” I said ready to go slaying now. “And I have to say that Chrissy and Andy had a beautiful first wedding.” I added.