How Dark Is the Night?

Wake

This chapter is dedicated to NONNIE. Haha hope you enjoy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in a hospital bed. I hated hospitals but something was different here. I did not feel right.

I got out of bed and saw I was in that hideous hospital gown. That has to go. I walked over to the closet of the room and found a pair of black jeans and Pete’s red bat hoodie. I put them on and opened the hospital door to suddenly be, outside in a park.

The weather was nice. The sun was out and children were playing. I looked all around and noticed a little girl playing in the sandbox with a little boy. I felt drawn to them and walked over to where they were playing. The girl looked to be about four and the boy, two.

“Mommy, you made it!” The girl said. Then it dawned on me it was my daughter, Alex. She looked like me only that she had Pete’s nose and smile.

“Alex, sweetie, what are you doing out here by yourself?” I asked.

“I’m not by myself. Will is here with me.” Alexandra replied.

“Who’s Will?” I asked seeing the little boy play in the sand.

“You will know later. Don’t leave daddy, mommy.” She said.

“Don’t leave daddy?” I repeated confused.

“The nice doctor says it was just stress. I am fine, mommy.” Alex replied helping Will, build a sand castle in the sandbox.

“Honey, what do you mean don’t leave daddy?” I asked noticing Alex jumped to another topic. “Isn’t daddy here?” I asked.

“Daddy has to do something important but you may not think it is. Isn’t Will special?” She asked changing the subject again.

“Yes, he is special.” I replied confused and noticing that Will looked strangely familiar to a younger version of a person I know.

“Mommy, daddy needs you right now. Don’t worry though, I am safe.” She said taking Will’s hand and starting to walk away from me. Then everything went black again.

“Amanda, wake up. Please, wake up.” I heard Pete say as I started to come to.

“Where…where am I?” I asked looking around once I opened my eyes to notice I was in a hospital.

“You are awake!” Pete exclaimed kissing me.

“I thought I told you I hated hospitals.” I said noticing where I was.

“You passed out and were complaining of stomach cramps earlier. I thought you may have lost or something happened to Alex.” Pete said upset. “We rushed you here and the doctors did some tests which we are waiting for the results.” Pete said trying not to upset me with bad news.

“I’m fine and so is Alex. It was nothing but stress I was feeling.” I said placing my hand under Pete’s chin and drawing him close. That was weird though. How did I know that? I barely remember passing out.

“Everyone is waiting in the waiting room. They said only family could see you and since I am your husband I’m here but I can go get them if you want.” Pete said getting up.

“Pete, sit.” I said grabbing his arm. “I have this feeling. I just want you close to me.” I said not sure why I was feeling like I may lose Pete which is not happening.

The doctor came in and saw I was awake. “Ah, good, Mrs. Wentz is awake and alert. How are you feeling, dear?” Dr.Walker said that was one of the OBGYN’s, I was seeing.

“I feel better.” I said.

“Well, as your husband probably filled you in, we took some tests to see what was up. Everything looks normal and Alex as your husband says you are naming the baby is all right. I think it was just that maybe you were going under some stressful situations.” The doctor said not knowing the half of it.

“So can I be released?” I asked looking at Pete.

“I don’t see why not. Mr. Wentz I trust you will keep an eye on her. I want her to have bedrest for the next few days to play it safe. I don’t want anything stressful to come near her.” Dr. Walker said not knowing that stress had become my life.

“Will you tell my friends who are outside waiting?” I asked.

“Sure.” She said heading out the door to fill out the paperwork for me to leave.

“No slaying for you, missy.” Pete said once Dr.Walker was gone.

“Pete, it is my job and I have to find Kat.” I said.

“Precisely, and that is why you need bed rest. This could have been something more serious, Amanda. I want you in bed when we get home. I am not arguing with you.” Pete said rubbing and kissing my belly.

“Alright, fine.” I said giving up this fight for tonight.

“This gal is hungry though and I think the perfect thing you can get her is some tacos, nachos, enchiladas, the whole works.” I said.

“Woah, are you hungry much?” Pete asked.

“I’m pregnant. What do you expect?” I said laughing.