How Dark Is the Night?

Learning To Fall

After Pete stopped and got me some Taco Bell on the way home from the hospital, it seemed everyone wanted to follow us back to Patrick’s, to make sure that I went to bed. I was going to be fine. The doctor said it was stress related for me having the pains and passing out. There was nothing to worry about except how I knew it was stress related. Did I dream? I do not remember anything if I did.

“Ok guys, see, I am off to bed.” I said taking one step upstairs as everyone kept scolding me for pushing myself too hard today.

“Oh no, you don’t!” Pete said running over to pick me up and carry me up the stairs.

“Pete, put me down. I think I can walk upstairs.” I said hearing Erelin’s thoughts now in my head.

“Aww, that is so sweet.” She said.

“I heard that!” I yelled as I was brought into the bedroom I shared with Pete.

Pete sat me down on the bed and then closed the door. He then went and took his shirt off and I grabbed my pajamas off the bed. Suddenly, though, I did not feel like putting them on. I just wanted to watch Pete undress.

“Oh, Peter.” I said signaling for him to come to me with my right pointer finger.

“What?” He asked walking towards me shirtless.

“Is that how you are going to greet me?” I asked grabbing him and pulling him closer to me as I unzipped his pants.

“My, someone is feisty tonight and I like it. But, you know that the doctor wanted you to have bed rest.” Pete said giving me his michevious grin and laying me back down.

“Don’t you realize who I am and what I am capable of?” I asked playfully and sitting back up.

“Yeah, you are someone who is supposed to go to bed.” Pete said stepping out of his pants.

“ Pete.” I said rolling my eyes. “I am the slayer and I can slay anything and anyone I want vampirewise.” I said raising an eyebrow up at him.

“Well then, slayer, oh no, please don’t hurt me.” Pete said grabbing something off his dresser.

“Ha! Very funny, mister. I have already slayed you.” I said grinning.

“Yes, yes you have. You took my heart away the moment our eyes met.” Pete said sitting behind me on the bed.

“What’s this?” I asked trying to turn around.

“No!” Pete said making me turn around.

“Oh, but if it is a present I want to see.” I said dejected.

“Raise your hair up.” Pete said demanding.

I did what he said and felt a necklace wrap around my neck. “Oh, Pete, it is beautiful.” I said looking down to see what it was.

The necklace was a real silver chain and on it was a silver bat with an amethyst stone on its right wing. It was my birthstone. I loved this necklace.

“What is the occasion?” I asked turning around to him.

“It is something to remember me by. I thought maybe it could be something you can pass down to Alex.” Pete said kissing my neck and making me moan, from the places he knew I loved him to kiss me.

I turned and stared into his eyes, memorizing every detail. It was something I loved to do, was to see his beautiful smile that could light up a room and to see his deep, caring eyes beneath everything else. I kissed his lips and then gently pressed my tongue to his lips begging for an entrance.

One thing led to another, and there was now a clothes pile on the floor. Heck, I was not tired yet, even after having sex. Pete insisted I try to sleep after we had our fun session and so I tried.

I curled up beside him with my head on his shoulder. “Pete, I still have energy to burn. I told you I am not tired.” I said.

“You will be.” He said kissing my forehead.

“Pete, I love you.” I said snuggling in closer to him.

“I love you too.” He said and with that, I felt my eyelids start to droop. He was making me fall asleep.

“I will not let…let you make me sleep.” I said yawning suddenly and fighting to stay awake.

“Goodnight, Amanda. You need your rest.” Pete said, as I could not fight his slight control over me.

“I shall remember this.” I said falling into a deep sleep.

I awoke a few hours later from a crazy dream I do not want to have again and to find a missing Pete from my bed. I looked around the room and saw that the window was open. I knew he was not in the house because I could not feel him. He must have gone out for a walk or something.

I looked over at the alarm clock, which as I read was almost three a.m.
My cell phone started to buzz and I wondered whom it could be, calling me at this time of night. I got up to get it off the dresser to see that it was Erelin calling me. Now what could she want at this late hour?