How Dark Is the Night?

Conspiracy

Comments are love so people please comment so that I know what to improve or work on. Or tell me if you like what you have been reading. I see many new readers and would like to say hey and thanks for reading.
****************************************************************************************************

“Erelin, do you not realize what time it is and what I am supposed to be doing?” I asked as I answered the phone.

“I know you need to sleep but it is important. Is Pete around?” She asked.

“I think he stepped outside for a walk or something because I don’t feel him anywhere around me.” I replied. “Why?” I asked.

“I really need to talk to you in person. Can you get out around day break?” She asked.

“Did you see something? Erelin, tell me. Are we all aright?” I asked worried.

“I saw something and I felt something and I know you feel it too.” She replied.

I was feeling a little uneasy but I thought it was from the morning sickness I was having again. Maybe, I was feeling a little uneasy because of Pete not being here with me right now. Erelin was really getting intune with her dreams.

“Erelin, I will try to be there in three hours ok?” I asked trying to reassure her.

“Don’t try, just be here.” Erelin said hanging up.

I wonder what she saw. It makes me anxious, too anxious to try to sleep for two more hours. I suddenly became so hungry that I had to go downstairs to the kitchen.

I fixed me a glass of chocolate milk and ate a granola bar. I sat on a barstool and sighed. I was now so worked up over Erelin’s message, that I neeed to work out, even though I was not supposed to. Thanksgiving was only four days away. What did I have to look forward to? I had to know.

I worked out for about an hour, and then headed upstairs to take a shower. I had picked out one of my favorite hoodie jackets and pants to match with a white tshirt to go under it. A girl had to look her best even if she was down.

It was almost six am once I had finished getting ready. I walked back downstairs and grabbed my purse, putting my cell phone in it. I then left a note for Pete and Patrick to know where I am in case they started to panic because I was not there.

As I went to unlock the front door to leave, a hand grabbed me and pulled me back into the living room area. I turned to see it was Pete, and he did not look so hot. He came at me so fast I did not have time to know he came back into the apartment.

“Pete, what are you doing?” I asked as he still had ahold of my arm.

“Where are you going? Did I say you could leave?” He asked.

“Pete, let go of me!” I said shoving him off me. “What got into you? You do not look so hot. Do you need blood? I can get you some out of the refridgerator.” I said.

“No, I don’t need any blood. Just this.” He said pulling me into him and crashing his lips into mine.

“Pete, I am going out to see Erelin. She needs some company while Brendon is out cold. She hates that she cannot get out in the daylight and is bored. I thought we would play Guitar Hero or something.” I said lying to him as I pulled away from him.

“Ok.” He said wrapping his arms around me and placing his head on my right shouder. I placed mine around to his back.

“You know I love you, right?” He asked.

“Yes. I love you too. Pete, you are scaring me. Maybe you should go lie down until I come back, ok?” I said worried and patting him on the back.

“I am sorry.” He said looking me in the eyes with sadness.

“Could Erelin know why Pete is acting this way?” I wondered to myself.

“I just want this all to be over and I worry about your health and the baby is all.” Pete said letting go of me.

“I know you worry but I am fine. The baby is fine and we are fine as a family. I can take care of myself.” I said kissing Pete on the cheek.

“Now, go rest.” I said opening the front door and heading out into day with morning sky filled with the sun rising.