How Dark Is the Night?

Under Serious Attack

“So Erelin what’s up?” I asked walking in her apartment. She left the door unlocked for me to come in because of the sunlight that shines in.

“Shh.” Erelin said walking into the living room once I had shut the door. It was so dark in here even with all the lights on. I missed the colorfulness of her apartment.

“Oh, why are we whispering?” I whispered.

“Because, Brendon is still asleep and I do not want to wake him.” Erelin said in a quiet tone above a whisper.

“Well, what is up? What did you see?” I asked.

“I am worried about you. I felt something once I woke up from my dream. Is Pete alright?” Erelin asked grabbing my hand as if in for some sort of support.

“I think he is. After you called I went down and trained then took a shower. Pete was still out I guess on a walk before the sun came up. He barely made it in and took me by surprise as I was about to walk out the front door to come over here. He was very quiet and fast to where I did not have a reaction time to know he made it back before the sunrise.” I replied.

“Here, let me get you something to drink.” Erelin said getting up and heading into the kitchen. I followed her and sat at the kitchen table.

“I didn’t think that you kept food here anymore since you, well, can’t eat it.” I said.

“I keep some food and drinks in case you or Chrissy come over silly. Just because we can’t have food, doesn’t mean that we cannot keep some here for you guys.” Erelin said pouring me a glass of orange juice and getting some muffins she made out of the oven.

“You made these?” I asked picking a few blueberry ones out of the basket.

“Yeah, I had plenty of time to kill. Nothing was on the television and with Brendon out cold, I cannot play guitar hero by myself.” Erelin said laughing.

“That’s true.” I said laughing and remembering what he did the other night.

“I know that blueberry muffins are your favorite. I went out after I called you and picked up some supplies. You need to eat to keep your strength up for the baby. So, drink up on the vitamin C there too.” She said pointing to the glass of orange juice.

“So did Pete say anything to you?” Erelin asked finally sitting back down at the table.

“He was weird, maybe tired. He grabbed my wrist before I could walk out the door and wanted me to say where I was going but I did not tell him why I was coming here. I just told him you wanted to make me breakfast and well, you did.” I said smiling.

“See, it wasn’t all a lie.” She said smiling.

“His eyes looked so conflicted. There was that rage from when he was first turned and I found him in the yard by the pool that one night I have not seen in awhile. On top of that, they switched into sadness as if something had happened and he could not relax. I told him to get some sleep.” I said sighing.

Just then, Erelin’s cell phone went off. She got up and walked over to her kitchen counter where she kept her cell to answer it. Before she answered it she mouthed that it was Pete calling after she saw who it was that was calling.

“Pete, what are you doing calling over here? Is everything alright?” Erelin asked trying to play it off as if she did not suspect anything of Pete.

“I see, well, she is fine and we are chatting over breakfast. No, Brendon is sleeping still. I will tell him to call you though when he wakes up.” Erelin said looking at me and shaking her head.

“Amanda is fine and safe, Pete. I shall tell her to call you when she heads home. Get some rest, Pete. You sound tired. Bye.” Erelin said hanging up.

“What was that all about?” I asked confused.

“I don’t know but something is definitely up. I had this weird vibe about him earlier, Amanda. He wanted to talk to Brendon and he knew, at least I thought, that he was asleep from what you told him. He also wants you to call him when you get ready to leave here.” Erelin said not understanding.

“So, tell me what you saw in your dreams. I know you dreamed something or you wouldn’t have worried about me.” I said.

“Well, I dreamed that we were in that stupid new mansion of Volkmar’s that we have no clue where it is at. There was a room and I saw you in it locked in. Then, I saw Pete talking to someone in an alley but I could not make out whom it was. My dream shifts between different things so bare with me, ok?” Erelin tried to explain.

“Ok.” I responded.

“I then saw you in the mansion again. There was Chrissy, Andy, Sam, and Patrick in the ballroom with you as well. I did not see Joe or Bev, which may be a good thing. With her pregnant and not a slayer I think it is best she stays off the fighting for while.” Erelin said concentrating on what she saw.

“Was Kat or Micah there?” I asked.

“I didn’t see Micah but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t there or will be there. You were fighting with Kat. I know you don’t want to hear that but it looked like you had to try and stop her, Amanda.” Erelin said grabbing my hand again.

“It’s ok. I know what I have to do if it comes down to it. Please finish.” I said listening.

“The part that scares me the most is I then saw all this blood. Whose blood it was, I do not know. Someone may get hurt bad. I then saw blood in a pool; you know that one you told me about from your dream outside the ballroom windows?” Erelin asked.

“Yes. I remember it. It gives me chills thinking about it.” I said shivering.

“You were in the pool and then you were not in the pool. I saw arms pull you out but whom, I do not know. If you were alive, I do not know. I woke up afterwards and had to call you.” Erelin said shaking her head and looking worried.

“So you are telling me someone may die from seeing all the blood and that I may drown possibly?” I asked.

“Yes but, Amanda, not all of what I see comes true, remember? And besides, we change how things go in our lives everyday.” Erelin said trying to reassure me.

“I am not going to drown. You can count on that. I won’t let anyone die while I am still breathing and I know you guys have my back.” I said standing up and slamming my fist down on the table.

“You know Brendon and I have your back.” Erelin said standing up and giving me a hug.
About that time, Brendon had woken up and sauntered into the kitchen wearing his boxers and was looking for blood in the refridgerator. “Uh, honey, you may want to put some clothes on. We do have a guest with us.” Erelin said laughing.

Brendon was still half-asleep and looked around to notice me, after Erelin said that. “Shit!” He said running back into the bedroom.

Erelin and I laughed and headed into the living room. We waited for Brendon to get dressed. I had decided that I was not ready to leave yet and Erelin suggested we watch a movie.

“Why didn’t you tell me that Amanda was coming over?” Brendon asked after he had taken a shower and dressed.

“Nice boxers.” I said giggling. He had on a pair of boxers that had the Mr. Clean dude from that cleaner on them when I saw him in the kitchen.

“You know you liked what you saw.” Brendon said trying to get back at me.

“Oh, really? I think I have a husband that I like better.” I said laughing.

“Brendon Boyd Urie!” Erelin said chasing after Brendon over his comment, which left me rolling on the floor with laughter.

“Thanks guys. I do not think I have laughed that hard in a long time. I needed that.” I said trying to catch my breath.

“Now, Amanda is here because I wanted to make her breakfast and with your ass sleeping I was bored.” Erelin said sitting back down on the couch.

“I was tired, so what?” Brendon said sitting beside her.

I moved over to the recliner and pulled the slat out for my legs. I liked watching how happy Brendon and Erelin were. Sometimes I wished that Pete and I could be that happy.

We decided on watching the Phantom of The Opera, which was one of my favorite movies. Erelin was resting her head on Brendon’s right shoulder and Brendon had his hand resting on her legs. “Naughty, Brendon.” I laughed.

My mind was still processing all that Erelin had told me. I refused to end that way. With all the stress, I wondered how long I could keep it together for everyone. About halfway through the movie, however, I fell asleep. I slept for a few hours before Brendon decided to wake me up.