How Dark Is the Night?

My Lover, My Enemy?

(Pete’s POV)
Erelin and Brendon decided to stay the night instead of me drive them home. We all went out slaying tonight after everyone that could eat, ate supper. It was a quiet night and I knew it would be. We ended up killing only six vampires tonight compared to the many we see out.
Amanda started to feel worn out and I wanted her to have all of her energy so we made it back by one am. I watched her put on her pjs and hop into bed. I stared at my notebook for a second that I had thrown earlier.

“Pete. I am glad you seem to be back to yourself again.” Amanda replied as she pulled the covers up over her and snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah, I was just tired earlier is all? I couldn’t sleep being worried about you and Alex.” I said trying to calm her.

“I am so sleepy and I don’t know why.” She said lying back and closing her eyes.

“Night, Amanda.” I said kissing her forehead and turning my back away from her.

In two more days, it would all be over with; all the stress and worry. My work would be finished. My life will be over.

I fell asleep, hearing Amanda’s heart beating. I awoke, however, hearing her cry out in her sleep. For once, I was unable to get into her dreams.

“The letter…it’s too late to apologize.” Amanda said not waking up.

She sounded so hurt and upset. I did not know if I should wake her or not. My mind became made up when she said, “Pete, how could you do this to me!”

“Amanda, wake up.” I said gently nudging her; afraid she already knows what is instore for her.

“Pete?” She mumbled waking up slowly.

“Hey you were dreaming again.” I said hoping she would not find out what I am keeping.

“I was? I do not remember. Erelin and Brendon said the same thing to me.” She said yawning and drifting back to sleep.

That is just great. I do not need Erelin to interfere with my plans. I hope she does not see anything or suspect there is something wrong. It is best if Erelin and Brendon are left out in the dark. I wrapped my arms around Amanda and fell back to sleep.