How Dark Is the Night?

My Wife The Vampire

(Brendon’s POV)
I woke up to hearing Amanda scream. I got up off the couch a little dizzy; I guess from all the wine I drank. I ran up to her room to find it empty but that the balcony doors were open. I ran out and down the balcony steps to find her lying on the ground by pool.

“Amanda, can you hear me?” I asked as I kneeled down beside her. I got no answer from her and I rolled her over to see that she had been bitten. Who could have done this? Wait a minute, Brendon there is no time to think about that.

“Kat! Kat, help!” I yelled as loud as I could. She came running out the sliding doors from the first floor.

“Oh my…she’s not dead is she?” Kat asked.

“No. I need you to call 911.” I said.

“No, don’t! I don’t need to see a doctor.” Amanda said slowly coming to.

“Amanda you have lost some blood. We need to get you to a hospital.” I said worried that she wouldn’t be all right.

“No. We need to find him. We find him, we find Erelin.” Amanda said not making any sense.

“Who do we need to find?” I asked confused.

“Pete.” She said trying to get up but falling over with me catching her.

“Take it easy. What so you mean, Pete?” I asked her holding her up as I got up off the ground myself.

“Pete was here. He bit me. I wanted him to take me and turn me but he didn’t. Something is wrong Brendon. He is good. I know he is but he is scared and confused. He didn’t want to turn me or he would have. He fought it off. They turned him and if they turned him then they turned Erelin. Pete’s eyes are different. We need to find him, Brendon. We need to find him before he hurts someone.” Amanda said trying to walk.

“Whoa, I don’t think you are able to go anywhere right now but to a hospital.” I said watching her almost fall again as she tried to face me.

“No. I am not going. Not with him confused out there. Brendon this is different then when you were bitten by Dracula. I can’t explain it.” She said looking at Kat.

“I would know, right?” She asked.

“Yes. You would be able to feel if he was good even though Pete might not know.” Amanda explained.

“How is it different? When I woke up changed I remembered everything that happened. And I knew I had a soul. How does Pete not know?” I asked confused.

“I think it has something to do with this new enemy.” Amanda replied grabbing her neck.
“Please, Brendon before it is too late and he does go after someone. He is confused and doesn’t understand what is happening to him. If you find him then we can find Erelin. You want to save her too, right?” She asked me.

“Yes more then anything.” I replied still holding her up.

As I was about to walk Amanda back into the house, I had a really bad feeling and turned around to see Kat get taken by surprise and knocked down to the ground by Erelin. I held onto Amanda and ran into the house with her. Kat was still outside but Erelin couldn’t come in the house unless invited.

“Kat, don’t hurt her but see if you can knock her out.” I yelled.

“Um, Brendon, she is really strong.” Kat said fighting off Erelin the best she could without killing her.

“Really?” I asked with a smile.

“Hey! We are dealing with Erelin’s life here. No grinning and thinking naughty right now!” Amanda said elbowing me.

“Right. I’m sorry.” I said apologizing. “I have to go out there and help.” I said grabbing that empty wine bottle off the cabinet I saw.

“What are you going to do with that?” Amanda asked leaning against the windows.

“I am going to knock her out.” I replied. “Kat distract her for me.” I said as I stepped outside.
Kat had her distracted and I snuck up behind Erelin and whacked her over the head with the bottle knocking her out. “I’m sorry baby but it is the only way.” I said as she went out falling into my arms.

“What do we do now?” Kat asked.

“I don’t know.” I said holding her and stroking her face that had become so pale. “But I do know that whoever did this is going to pay! It should have been me.” I said.

“Erelin you are invited in.” I said as I carried her into Amanda and Pete’s place. I laid her down on the couch and kissed her on the forehead.

“If it makes you feel better Brendon, Erelin is good. She just needs to find her way again.” Kat said touching my shoulder.