How Dark Is the Night?

To Have And To Hold

“Brendon can you carry her to my bed?” I asked.

“Yeah, why?” He asked me picking Erelin up.

“I have some scarves you can tie her up on the bed with so that if and when she wakes up she won’t try to hurt anyone and she won’t try to escape. And don’t get any kinky ideas, Brendon. That is my bed.” I said with Kat laughing behind me at Brendon as we walked to my bedroom.

“Now, why would I do that at a time like this?” He asked lying Erelin down on my bed.

“You are a guy. It is your wife and she is going to be tied up. I know you.” I said handing him the scarves.

“Are you feeling better?” Brendon asked concerned about me and changing the subject.

“I’ll be fine. I’m a little weak but he didn’t bite me too bad.” I said rubbing my neck. All if a sudden I felt this bad case of nausea sweep over me and I ran to the bathroom shutting the door. When I came out Kat and Brendon were staring at me.

“What?” I asked.

“Are you sure you are alright going to find Pete?” Brendon asked placing his hand on my shoulder and giving me a concerned look.

“I will be fine. That was just my nerves I guess.” I said.

“So what is the plan?” Kat asked.

“Brendon you are going to stay here and watch Erelin. Kat, you are coming with me.” I said heading out of my bedroom.

“Wait, you can’t drive right now in the state you are in and Kat doesn’t know how to drive. I am coming with.” He said.

“No. Someone has to be here when Erelin wakes up and you being her husband need to stay. Besides you have to try and jar her memory of who she is into her. Right now she doesn’t know what is going on. If Kat said she is good then she is but still don’t let your guard down. She’s a vampire now, Brendon. It isn’t like when you were turned.” I said going downstairs towards the door.

“What do I do if she wakes and she wants blood?” He asked.

“Don’t give it to her. I will bring some back from a butcher somewhere. Besides you were a vampire once. Why don’t you make that drink that you and Pete used to drink?” I yelled up the steps after I grabbed my car keys and some stakes just in case.

“Ready, Kat?” I asked her as we headed out to my car.

“Ready, but where will we find him?” She asked.

“I think I may know. I think he went back to where he was first turned by Beckett and left out on the streets.” I said.

We drove around the huge city until I got to the spot I remembered Pete being dumped at. It was a dark street that had an alley. As we got out of the car, Kat and I heard screams coming from the alley.

“Pete!” I said running over to him. “Pete, stop!” I said looking over to see Kat helping a teenage girl get her boyfriend into her car. The girl’s boyfriend appeared to be just knocked out. Apparently they thought making out in an alley was cool, not.

“Get him home now!” Kat said with the girl speeding hurriedly out of the alley.

“Pete it is me.” I said grabbing his arm. He started to growl kind of then stopped.

“Amanda, be careful.” Kat said holding her stake out in case we needed it.

“Is Pete good?” I asked not taking my eyes off him.

“Yes.” She replied.

“Then put that away.” I said as Pete pulled me close to him as if to bite me again.

“Pete, you don’t want to do this. It is not who you are. Don’t let the monster in you win. You have a soul. Fight the urges. Fight because you love me.” I said kissing his lips.
He kissed me back. I let go to see his eyes start to soften. His grip on me eased.

“Amanda? What happened to me? Why am I so weak?” He asked before fainting in my arms.

“Do you think he will remember?” Kat asked.

“I hope he can tell us what is going on.” I said as we dragged Pete to the car.

I drove to a twenty four hour grocery store and had the butcher give me the blood scraps from the meat they cut. Then we headed home. I still felt nauseated.

We made it home and brought Pete in. I invited him in to our home. Then we sat him down on the couch.

“I am so glad you guys are here! Erelin is awake and she isn’t a happy camper!” Brendon said as he flew down the stairs.

“What did you do to piss her off with now?” I said rolling my eyes.

“Nothing, I swear!” He said.

“Kat can you…” I started to say.

“Keep and eye on Pete, sure.” She said sitting down in a chair.

“Thanks.” I said walking upstairs with Brendon. “I told you no kinky thoughts!” I said joking to Brendon.