How Dark Is the Night?

Honey, Who Is Your Decorator?

(Sam’s POV)
“Let go of me!” I yelled, forced out of a car, my car.

“Don’t worry, girly we won’t harm you.” One vampire said laughing as two others carried an unconscious Patrick.

We arrived at a huge mansion that looked bigger than the one we fought Dracula in. I was afraid but I knew that Volkmar needed Patrick and me alive and that Pete was somehow involved. Would Pete really betray everyone? Is he working for Volkmar and are we are pawns in his plans to turn Amanda? I know that Pete is behind these vampires being, not allowed to bite us.

“In there.” The vampire leading the way into the mansion said, as I was lead into a huge living room with many couches and chairs.

The room was gorgeous except for the fact that there were black, dead roses in vases around the room. The room was painted silver with glass coffee tables and stands around.
The couches and chairs were black and made with leather, and there was a black bookcase in the room as well. I made it a point to memorize my surroundings so that I may find a way out of here.

More vampires followed us into the room and they laid Patrick down on one of the couches. I saw that there were two entrances or exits out of this room. They were huge double black doors. One of course went out onto the hallway that led here and the other room I am unsure about because the door was not open.

“I want to see Pete.” I said breaking free of the vampire’s grasp that was holding me.

“Pete has other things he is attending to right now. But I can take a message and give it to him.” The vampire said with the others laughing.

“Oh, you give him a message. You tell him that if he harms Amanda in any shape or form, I will personally kill him myself.” I said pissed but I knew I was outnumbered.

“Pete is attending to the slayer right now as we speak, sorry.” He replied as he started to walk away.

That was it. I grabbed a vase and threw it on the floor, picking up a broken piece of glass. I took it and ran over to the vampire that led me into this room with intent to kill as he was trying to leave the room. One of the other vampires went over to where Patrick was with his fangs drawn out, ready to attack him.

“Drop it, or your boyfriend gets it!” The vampire hovering over Patrick said.

“That’s a good girl. Do as you are told and no one gets hurt, yet.” The vampire I was going to kill said as I dropped the piece of glass.

I slid to the floor and started to cry as the vampires left Patrick and me in the room alone, finally. Why was Pete doing this? There had better be a good explanation for everything.

“Sam.” Patrick moaned as he was starting to come to.

“Patrick!” I said getting up and running over to him as he tried to sit up.

“What happened? Why does my head feel like a truck hit me?” He asked.

“Take it easy.” I said. “You were hit from behind and knocked out. Pete had us kidnapped. I think he is working with Volkmar and is going to turn Amanda. We are to be his witnesses.” I said sighing.

“What? We cannot let that happen. Pete would never betray us like that. He’s my best friend.” Patrick said trying to get up and looking around the room.

“He was the one who sent us to the beach house to fix it up, Patrick. That is the only way Volkmar would have had his men get to us is through Pete.” I said as he noticed the broken vase in the middle of the floor.

“Did they hurt you?” He asked checking me for any bruises or cuts.

“No. I am fine. I tried to kill one of the vampires but one of his men threatened to kill you. I couldn’t let him do it.” I said looking down at the floor.

“Honey, you should have left me and tried to escape.” Patrick said.

“I can’t escape, not without you. I love you. If you are not with me then what is there to live for? You are my life.” I said with tears streaming down my face.

“I need to see Pete. I need to hear it from him that he has switched sides. I need to see it on his face to believe this. I want him to prove me wrong that he is not my best friend anymore.” Patrick said trying to stand.

“According to the vampires, Pete has Amanda. He will not turn her until later, but as of now, she is with him. I demanded to see him. I just cannot believe this is happening to us.” I said holding Patrick up.

“I know, babe.” He said pulling me close and kissing me. “Come on, now, we need to look for anything that can help us buy some time to escape or help Amanda. Have you tried to open the doors, yet?” Patrick asked.

“No, not yet.” I replied.

“You try that door and I shall try this door over here.” He said pointing to the door that we came in at.

“It won’t budge. It’s barricaded from the outside.” I yelled.

“Damn!” Patrick said.

I started to throw some books off the bookcase. I had an idea. Maybe there was a secret passageway or something behind the bookcase or books.

“What are you doing?” Patrick asked.

“I’m looking for a secret passageway. Maybe if I throw these books on the floor there will be one or it will allow us to move the bookcase.” I said.

“Um, honey that is a good idea but someone is coming!” He yelled as we heard loud footsteps.

I quickly with Patrick’s help placed what books I had thrown so far on the floor back onto the bookcase. We heard the big doors open where we had come in at and turned around from the bookcase. What we saw was a scared and confused Chrissy who looked slightly banged up and an unconscious Andy brought into our room.