How Dark Is the Night?

I Volunteer

(Patrick’s POV)
“Andy!” Chrissy said breaking free from her captors and heading over to the couch where the vampires laid Andy.

“Tell Pete to get his ass down here. Tell him his ex best friend Patrick wants to see him!” I said tackling a vampire as Sam grabbed a piece of glass and staked one vampire.

“I thought I warned you what would happen to you if you fought us.” The vampire that Sam had tried to fight earlier said.

“No!” I yelled as I tried break loose from the vampire I tried to attack.

I watched as the vampire who spoke grabbed Sam and knocked her into a glass coffee table. The vampire I was fighting got off me and ran out the door as I ran over to where Sam was. Chrissy screamed as the vampires left, locking us back in here.

“Is she going to be alright?” Chrissy said as she ran over to us.

“I don’t know. There is blood. Come on baby, wake up.” I said picking her up and moving her slowly off the glass as Chrissy was gently brushing glass off Sam.

I looked at an unconscious Sam and a million thoughts ran through my head. I coulnt lose her, not now after everything we have been through. We deserve to be happy, don’t we?

“She is cut but not badly. I do not see any glass stuck in her but her head took a beating.” Chrissy said as I laid Sam down on the other couch.

“Sam, wake up. Please, wake up.” I said holding onto her.

“Chrissy?” Andy mumbled.

I nodded my head at Chrissy to attend to him. She should be with him. Volkmar is bringing us here one by one. It reminds me of the big battle where we fought Dracula. This time, however I do not think I will be seeing Amanda in a wedding dress with Volkmar wanting to make her his vampire bride.

When Andy came to and Chrissy filled him in on what she knew, he saw Sam and me and walked over. He put his hand on my shoulder and sighed. All I could do was fill Andy in on what Sam and I had learned.

“My head.” Sam said coming to. “Did anyone get the number of the bus that ran over me?” She said as we all breathed a sigh of relief and laughed just a bit.

“What?” She asked slowly sitting up and looking at us.

“I thought maybe…” I said.

“You thought what? That I would be out of the fight for tonight, well you are very wrong, mister. I am so ready to kick some vampire ass. I am tired of being bit, running for my life, or being knocked out in general.” Sam said.

“That’s the fighting spirit.” Andy said.

“So you still don’t have any word on Amanda, though?” Chrissy asked.

“No, except that Pete has her.” I sighed.

“That cannot be good. Do you think she is holding off on his spell? I mean she would not give in, would she? She has Alexandra to keep her from turning.” Andy asked.

“I don’t know. She could be knocked out for all we know.” I said.

“Well, all that is left is Erelin and Brendon and Joe and Bev. I wonder how they will be kidnapped.” Chrissy said sitting on the couch next to Sam.

“I hope Bev and Joe are safe. I know Erelin and Brendon can handle themselves since they are vampires and all but Bev is preganant. If something should happen to her…” Sam said.

“Don’t say that!” Chrissy said shaking her head.

“We don’t really know what is going on or what is going to happen. Let’s hope that they are safe. I am guessing that since they haven’t been immediately brought here like us that they are safe.” Patrick said.

“You have a point. Maybe they got away or Volkmar’s men cannot find them.” Andy said.

“I just need a glass of water. At least Dracula had that for us.” Sam said.

“What time is it?” Andy asked.

“It is a little after nine.” I said as I looked at my watch.

“Great. We have oh, I don’t know, only eight hours until sunrise. I wonder how long we have to be cooped up in here.” Chrissy said.

The door rattled again and in walked ten vampires. Andy and I stood in front the girls to protect them. The vampires brought food in.

“This is courtesy of your friend.” One vampire said as he sat some food in on the other coffee table.

Then, they left, locking us back in here. Everyone looked at each other, each feeling a sense of déjà vu. The only problem now is who is willing to volunteer to make sure the food is not poisoned.

“I volunteer.” Andy said walking over to the food.

“Andy, wait.” Chrissy said.

“It’s ok.” He said taking a bite of the food before any of us could protest.

After a few seconds, we all were relieved that Andy was all right. Then, we proceeded to the food and ate like there was no tomorrow. With water, of course to wash it all down, but sadly, not our problems.