How Dark Is the Night?

If You Want To Live Longer

I quickly stopped talking to Brendon and tuned him out of my thoughts. I am glad that he is here to have my back along with Erelin. I just want them to be careful.

I felt that there were not that many vampires now, circling around outside of my room. I was feeling a little better and I knew that this might be my only time to escape. As I walked out of the bathroom, I got to thinking as I saw a chair in the corner of the bedroom.

I walked over to it and smashed it as I kicked it. Wow! Well, here are a million stake possibilities. I picked up a few pieces of the broken wood and headed over to the door.

I opened the bedroom door and saw that I had no guards watching me. I knew no one was around my room but I still had to check to make sure. I mean I was totally off the radar with Pete. He fooled me and everyone else into thinking he was good. I just do not understand it. I felt his soul. How do you turn all of a sudden or pretend like that?

I left the room and proceeded down the long hallway with caution and a stake in my hand. I had to find Sam, Patrick, Chrissy, and Andy before I could leave. I was not just going to leave them here while I escaped. I would never be able to live with myself if something happened to them because of me.

I felt three vampires walking up some steps that I saw at the middle of the hallway. I went to turn around back the way I came to find a spot to hide, but felt a hand go over my mouth and the other one grab me hard. I tried to scream but could not. It took me a minute to realize and feel that it was Pete, who had me and caught me.

“If you want to live a little bit longer then you will do what I say.” He whispered in my ear.