How Dark Is the Night?

Nothing Like A Little Wentz To Brighten Your Day

After the doctor’s visit, I ran to Starbucks and grabbed some coffee for Pete who was in a studio with the boys recording a new album. I was so lucky that being the wife of Fall Out Boy, I get to hear the new material first. I smiled at how I was going to tell Pete the good news.

“Will, you are going to have so many talents when you get older. Pete can show you the bass and maybe you will get your singing skills from me since Pete only screams.” I said laughing. “Or maybe you would rather be into sports like soccer. It would be great to see your dad teach you the game.” I said patting my stomach.

I walked into the studio after I grabbed all kinds of goodies for the boys to eat and Pete’s coffee. The receptionist had pointed me which direction I needed to go when I walked in. I walked over to the door that has the red light that tells if they are recording or not on it. The light was off so I slowly opened the door.

“Well, look who it is. Our own wives don’t even bring us goodies but you do.” Joe said trying to snatch the goody bag out of my hand.

“Hey, no touching until I sit it down.” I said smacking his hand and Joe giving me a pouty look.

“Coffee! You are the best, sweetie.” Pete said pulling me close.

“I have to talk to you. It is important. Can we talk for a minute somewhere?” I asked.

“Sure, babe.” Pete said looking at me funny.

“Guys, I am going to take a 15 minute break. I have to discuss some things with my wife.” Pete said as the boys started riding him.

“Don’t make us break out a search party now!” Patrick said laughing.

“What is it that you need to tell me?” Pete asked as we had walked safely away into a different room.

“Pete, I went to the gynecologist today. I found out that I am pregnant!” I said excitedly.

“You’re pregnant?” He asked shocked.

“Yes. You don’t look like you are thrilled.” I said looking down.

“No, I am. This is great news. It is just that Alex is only a few months old. Can we handle two kids not far apart in age?” Pete asked.

“I would like to try.” I said holding my stomach.

“There is more.” I said.

“More kids?” Pete asked sitting down.

“No, silly, we are having a boy.” I said kneeling down in front of him.

“A boy? We are having a boy?” Pete asked excited as he got up and picked me up into his arms and began to swing me around.

“Pete stop! I am going to get sick.” I said burying my head into his chest.

“Oh, right. I am sorry.” Pete replied putting me back down.

“We have to tell the others. Wait, we have to tell my mother!” Pete exclaimed.

“We have to buy a bigger house.” I said smiling.

“Right and that too.” Pete smiled.

“His name is going to be William.” I said.

“Why William? Shouldn’t we discuss this together?” He asked.

“I had a dream, well, a lot of them when I was a slayer. Alex was playing outside with him. She told me his name was Will. My mother also said the same thing to me in that dream you popped up in.” I said.

“I like it and I think I know why William fits him.” Pete said pulling me close.

“You do?” I asked.

“William was a good friend of mine who helped you out.” Pete said.

“I like Will a lot better then Bill as a nickname though.” I said pointing at Pete.

“Me too.” Pete said pulling me close.

We started to kiss but was interrupted by the fellas. I stepped back from Pete and smiled. He nodded at me.

“We knew you two would be out making out somewhere.” Andy said.

“Sorry, Amanda, but we need him back in the studio.” Patrick said.

“I will see you back home around seven.” Pete said kissing me.

“You better, because I will be making dinner.” I said kissing him back.

“Are we invited?” Patrick asked.

“No. It is between me, Pete, and Alex.” I said looking at Pete and smiling as I walked out of the room.