How Dark Is the Night?

Me And You

(Pete’s POV)

“Amanda are you sure you are alright?” I asked Amanda who looked lost in thought.

“Yeah. I really don’t remember it.” She replied, but I could tell she was keeping something from me.

Amanda knows what she dreamed and doesn’t want to tell me. I haven’t seen her wake up from a dream like this since she was the slayer. Could she still be?
Amanda doesn’t heal as fast as she used to which does throw me off. However, she did fight me off earlier and now she is dreaming again. It definitely makes me wonder.

“What time is it?” Amanda asked getting up and getting her some clothes out fit to wear for tonight.

“You are so sexy when you panic about something.” I said lying in bed distracting her thoughts.

“Uh, everyone should be here soon. I didn’t mean to fall asleep after we…well you know.” She said blushing and frantically putting on an outfit.

“What, after we had sex? We are adults. You can say the word.” I said laughing at her. “I thought you would be happy we have made up.” I said starting to pout playfully.

“I am, but after tonight you will be gone. It doesn’t make it any easier to know when I fall asleep at night in our bed you won’t be here when I wake.” She said heading into the bathroom to fix her hair. I loved it when it was messy and fall in her eyes. I could push it behind her ears.

“We will work something out.” I said following her and wrapping my arms around her tight.

“No reflection.” She said sighing as we faced the bathroom mirror.

“No reflection but I am standing here behind you and I’m not leaving right now.” I said grinning. She turned her head to kiss me.

“I love you.” She said turning to face me now with her body. No one has ever made me feel as weak in the knees as she has.

“I love you too.” I said tracing Amanda’s lips with my fingers. “Sometimes words are not enough to tell you how I feel.” I said kissing her forehead.

“We better get downstairs. I know Sam and Patrick let us have our time together but if I know Erelin and Brendon they will be banging on our door to come downstairs.” Amanda said laughing and leading me back into the bedroom.

“It is seven-thirty to answer your question from earlier.” I said looking at my watch. “Maybe they haven’t arrived yet.” I said as Amanda pushed me back on the bed. She then sat on my lap. I was starting to feel frisky again. She has that effect on me.

Then there was a knock on the bedroom door. It was really loud like someone was going to beat the door down. I looked at Amanda who looked at me and we both laughed knowing Erelin had arrived.