How Dark Is the Night?

Breaking And Entering Kind Of Gal

“Wait, how are we going to get in? Won’t everyone be asleep by now?” Kat asked.

“Well, Pete has the key but there is another way in.” I said as I was driving over to Patrick’s.

“Oh?” Kat asked sleepily.

“I just need to sneak in through Pete’s window. I am sure he still is going to be using his old room again and that he will leave the window unlocked like old times.” I said smiling and totally not thinking about any consequences.

“Wait; if I remember correctly didn’t he try to kill you as you snuck in the first time from reading your journal? And that isn’t called sneaking in. That is called breaking and entering. You are so lucky he didn’t bust your ass back then.” Kat said laughing.

“Relax. Pete won’t kill me. That was different. I opened his coff…uh…place he slept in without warning him. And besides Pete liked me so that is why he didn’t have me arrested.” I said pulling into my old parking spot in at Patrick’s.

“Whatever.” She said rolling her eyes.

“You wait here.” I said as we walked up to the front door. “I am going up to his window and sneak in.” I said heading over to the fire escape.

“That’s provided he left it unlocked.” She said snickering.

“You just wait. I wasn’t a master at sneaking in for nothing.” I said turning back to Kat.

“Yeah, a master at breaking in!” She said rolling with laughter.

“Whatever. You will see how good I am at getting in and unlocking this door missy.” I said rolling my eyes at her now.

I left her by the front door and went back over to the side of the place to the fire escape. I climbed up it and checked the window. Bingo! It was unlocked.

I carefully opened it and stuck my head inside to see that Pete was quiet and asleep, then pulled it back and prepared myself to climb in as quietly and sneaky as I could. I placed one foot in at a time as I came through the window, carefully letting my eyes adjust to the darkness. Hmm, Pete’s clothes are on the floor. It is such a shame he is covered up.

I pulled myself together and quickly snuck out through the bedroom door pulling it to behind me. I then took a quick glance around to see that Patrick and Sam were asleep in their room because their door was shut. Perfect.

I snuck downstairs and opened the door, locking it behind Kat when she came in. Instead of a thank you from Kat, I got a “Well it is about time.” “What took you so long?” She asked placing her bag down on the coffee table.

“Shh. I told you I have to be sneaky. It takes being extra careful. That is what took me so long.” I said.

“Wow! Sweet place Patrick has here.” She said seeing all the training equipment.

“Tomorrow or actually later today seeing how it is almost one a.m.” I said showing her the room she could sleep in.

“So this is the room Pete almost killed you in, huh?” She asked looking around.

“Well, yes but that was before I convinced him to sleep in his room and not in a metal box like a coffin in here. The boys put together some furniture after Pete decided not to sleep in here and Sam painted it recently for guests. And Pete wouldn’t have killed me.” I said.

“Right; is that why you were so scared of him at first?” Kat said jumping up on the bed.

“Hey, he grabbed me by the neck and it was before I realized I was the slayer, ok?” I said heading over to the door. “But, I did get Pete good. I flipped him over me and then we had an um, bonding moment.” I said laughing.

“It must be nice to have someone who is your soul mate.” Kat said sighing.

“Good night, Kat.” I said. “You will find yours.” I said closing her door.

I walked over to the kitchen area searching for a notepad and a pen. I found one in a drawer along with the pen and left a note for Sam and Patrick to find so that they wouldn’t think they had a burglar in their house if they woke up before me. I then grabbed a glass of water and drank it.

I went to turn around and there was Pete in his boxers nearly scaring me to death. I let out a slight scream. “Peter Wentz!” I finally got out when I caught my breath. I wasn’t expecting him to pop up behind me on the stairs like that.

“My, it looks like we have a burglar.” Pete says grinning.

“You nearly scared me to death sneaking behind me like that!” I said smacking his shoulder. “I am not a burglar. They steal and I don’t. I am a breaking and entering kind of gal, remember?” I said sitting down on a barstool.

“What are you doing here?” Pete asked me.

“I came to be with you. I don’t want to be alone tonight. Kat is in the other room over there sleeping I hope and I tried to be quiet. I snuck in and you were asleep. How did you know I was here?” I asked.

“I could feel you. It woke me up from my sleep. And I could smell your perfume from earlier.” He said.

“But, I went swimming and everything. That would have worn off.” I said confused.

“You forget that we vampires have an excellent sense of smell.” He said pulling me off the barstool.
“Oh, right for food.” I said rolling my eyes.

“You need to shush. You have been a very naughty girl sneaking in here. I think you need to be punished.” Pete said picking me up and proceeding to carry me up to his room.

“Ooh do I get a spanking?” I said laughing and trying to be quiet not to wake Patrick and Sam up.

“Maybe a little more than that.” He said once he was up the stairs and in his room. Pete sat me down on the bed and then closed his door. Then he gave me his mischievous grin I love about him.

He came over to me and started to undress me giving me quick but longing kisses everywhere he would remove and article of clothing. Oh yes, my Pete was back to his senses. But for how long? I mustn’t worry about that now. What I was getting from Pete was the one thing I needed right now from my husband to take my mind off things. It was the one thing that brings us closer and connects us as we already are with a little Alex on the way.