How Dark Is the Night?

Is It All In My Head?

Last night was a blur. I remember eating and hanging out with my friends and I think we went out slaying but I don’t even remember slaying or how I ended up in my own bed. All I know is that it is now nine am and Pete is not by my side. I am beginning to think that moving in with him at Patrick’s and Sam’s is a good idea, however I don’t think they would agree.

“Amanda, the girls are here waiting on you.” Kat said knocking on my door as she opened it.

“What? I thought they weren’t coming until later?” I said rolling back over towards the glass door.

“Come on you have to get up. You have your doctor’s appointment as well.” She said shaking me.

“Amanda Starr Wentz!” I heard Bev yell at me and throw the covers out of my range.

“Yes, mother?” I said sitting straight up in the bed.

“Didn’t you set your alarm? Get up or you are going to be late!” She said

“I don’t want to.” I said pouting as I got up.

“Isn’t she ready yet?” I heard Chrissy say as she walked in my room.

“Wow, Sam you might want to come in here as well seeing as how everyone wants to barge into my room this morning.” I yelled.

“Look, I am very tired. I don’t remember much of last night. It seems like a big blur. All I want to do is sleep and you guys won’t let me. I told you last night Sam that I didn’t want to go costume shopping today.” I said getting some clothes out to wear for today and seeing Sam give me a disappointed look as she walked in hearing my comment.

“Look, we want you to have fun. You need some fun. You want to impress Pete at the party, right?” Chrissy asked.

“Well let’s see, did anyone pass on the memo to my husband about the party because I bet you he says he isn’t going.” I said walking in the bathroom. “Now go wait downstairs!” I said shutting the bathroom door.

“My, she is grumpy this morning.” Chrissy said as she walked out of my room.

“I heard that!” I yelled through the bathroom door.

Maybe all I needed was to take a nice warm shower and I would feel better. I didn’t mean to be grumpy but I was really tired for some reason. I checked my neck to see if Pete may have bit me at some point but my neck was clean, free of a bite. Then again maybe the baby was making me irritable, yes that was it because the morning sickness was kicking in.

I walked downstairs all ready to go and in a better mood after my shower. “Sorry it took a little longer guys but the baby didn’t like what I ate last night.” I said laughing.

“Gross much.” Sam said.

“C’mon let’s go.” Bev said.

“I am glad that Jackie is giving you flexible more hours.” I said once we got in her van. It was so cool because we all joked on Bev how she was a mini van mom with out the kids. However, we were the kids because when we all went out as just us girls, she usually drove.

We went to the ob/gyn and I found out I was pregnant but then we all knew that. The doctor told me to see her once a week for so many weeks and then it would taper to about every two weeks on my visits. I had about twelve more weeks until I would hopefully find out if the baby I was carrying was a boy or a girl.

As soon as I came out smiling everyone was so happy and hugging me. “Yay, it is official!” Chrissy said.

“Ok, this calls for a celebration lunch. Where should we go?” Sam asked.

“I don’t know but I am craving ice cream.” I said.

“Oh, no the cravings started!” Bev said kidding.

“Yeah, Pete is sure in for some late night food runs.” Kat said laughing.

The girls treated me to a nice restaurant that served ice cream. Then afterwards we drove to the mall to find us a costume. There were a total of three places we could pick a costume out. One was Spencer’s Gifts, two was Hot Topic, and three was Ron’s Halloween Shop.

I couldn’t find anything I wanted to be. The one thing I wanted to be was out of the question and that was to be a vampire. Since there are vampires and I was a slayer I think that is out of the question.

“What’s wrong?” Bev asked.

“The one thing I was hoping to be this year after we defeated Dracula and thought there were no more vampires, was to dress up as a vampire.” I said. “I had the whole sexy image in my head and how I wanted to surprise Pete played out in my head for the longest time.” I said putting a vampire outfit down in the Hot Topic store.

“Aww, Amanda I’m sorry.” She said.

“Hey, no worries.” I said.

As I went to turn around I saw the back of a guy that was as tall as Beckett who looked liked him from behind. “William?” I asked trying to catch up to the guy. As he turned around the guy wasn’t Beckett. Was I losing my mind?

“Sorry.” I replied.

Kat found her a costume. She was going to dress up as Jeanie from the I Love Jeanie show. Chrissy couldn’t find her one in Hot Topic which was one of her favorite places to shop.

“I wish Erelin was here. She would have so much fun with us in here picking out a costume.” Chrissy said.

“Yeah, but I think she may have more fun playing herself, the vampire with Brendon her victim.” I said laughing.

“Yeah, all Brendon needs is that fake puncture wounds and he’s set.” Sam said.

“Ok, I know this is funny but seriously I don’t think Erelin wants to be herself.” Chrissy said.

“Maybe you are right.” I said.

We walked into Spencer’s Gifts where Bev found an awesome girl’s pirates costume that would leave Joe saying, “Ooh La La.” Chrissy was still browsing. Sam found a flapper costume and tried it on. Needless to say she fell in love with it and went to wait in line to pay for it. It looks like Chrissy and I were the only ones left needing a costume.

As we waited outside the store in the mall, I happened to notice a figure standing behind me through the store’s glass window which looked liked none other than Beckett standing behind me. I turned around to see a confused Chrissy, Kat, and Bev staring at me funny.

“Did you see him?” I asked.

“See who, dear?” Bev asked.

“Did you see Beckett?” I replied.

“Amanda are you feeling ok?” Kat asked.

“Yeah, my mind is just playing tricks on me, I guess.” I said.

After Sam paid for her costume we all headed into Ron’s. I couldn’t make up my mind if I wanted to be a vixen and be Elvira, Mistress of The Dark, or Supergirl. I loved both and I was a fan of Supergirl in the comic books and a fan of Elvira so it was a hard choice. Chrissy couldn’t make up her mind either on what she wanted to be.

Finally, after an hour we both chose our costumes. I was going with Elvira. All I had to do was buy the black wig like she wore and I was set. Chrissy chose to be a ghost but a sexy ghost. She had the perfect costume dress. All she needed to do was fix her hair up nice and put on makeup that made her look pale and she would leave Andy speechless. We were set.

As I stood in line I had a guy walk pass me pushing my shoulder as he did. I turned around to see this guy also look like Beckett.

“Chrissy can you hold my costume?” I asked as we were waiting in line.

“Sure.” She replied.

I left the line and followed the guy. This shop was a big shop and it had many props and things for the home and outside everywhere. There were separate rooms for different themed costumes and props. I followed the guy into this one room set up like a castle with candles and swords and things. I lost him. How could I lose this guy? Was I seeing Beckett or was my mind playing tricks on me? He couldn’t be haunting me could he?

I went back in line and Chrissy handed me my things. I looked so confused and was lost in thought. Beckett is dead Amanda. You are seeing things that aren’t there.

“Everything alright?” Chrissy asked.

“Yes. I just thought I saw someone I know is all.” I replied as my turn to pay for my costume arrived.

On the car ride home, we all wondered what the boys would wear for their costumes. I wondered if Pete would even dress up at all. Then my mind wondered on Beckett. Pete needs to tell me about his dream. Somehow Beckett was involved and I think I may be in trouble.