How Dark Is the Night?

I Will Be Watching Wherever You Go

Later that night, I got a visit from Pete as Kat was getting ready to go out slaying with me. I didn’t think he was going to come over here tonight but he did. We needed to discuss things.

“Hey.” He said as I let him in.

“Hey.” I replied back motioning him to talk to me outside on the patio.

“I missed you.” He said pulling me close as we were outside.

“You can be such a flirt sometimes.” I said as he nibbled on my neck.

“Is that a bad thing?” He asked pouting.

“What is with all the sudden closeness? I didn’t think you liked it over here anymore either?” I said sitting down on a bench.

“What? I can’t spend some quality time with my wife? Since when is that a crime? I thought you wanted me over here.” Pete said sitting beside me.

“You don’t want to stay over here remember?” I said knowing he was keeping something from me.

“What did the doctor say?” Pete said changing the subject.

“Sam didn’t tell you?” I asked surprised.

“No.” He said concerned.

“I have to visit her once a week for so many weeks then the visits go to every two weeks until a month before the baby gets born. Then it goes back to every week until then. The baby is fine and in twelve weeks we should know if it is a boy or girl.” I said smiling.
This baby was the one thing that was good out of mine and Pete’s relationship. No matter how mad or angry at Pete I could be or something I have to remember and think about the baby. We created a baby. And I know it will be loved.

“How are you feeling now?” Pete asked me as he placed his right hand on my shoulder. He looked into my eyes and he was filled with love and concern.

“I’m good aside from the fact I get sick every now and then.” I replied touching his cheek and leaning in to kiss him.

Pete broke away from our kiss. I felt his fangs start to slip down. But he got up and looked around.

“Come on we need to get inside.” He said making me walk back inside the house. “It isn’t safe out here.” He added with his arm wrapped around me tight. Any time Pete touched me
I felt weak in the knees. I had so much love for him that I don’t think he even realizes how much sometimes.

“Pete, tell me about William Beckett.” I said just blurting out what I wanted to know.

“What?” He asked shocked.

“I overheard you mention his name to Patrick yesterday. I know you dreamed about him because you wouldn’t have woken up the way you did calling his name out. You had a nightmare and I was in it. I am in trouble aren’t I?” I asked.

“Why do you think that?” He said trying to avoid the subject.

“Beckett haunts me.” I replied.

“Seriously he can’t haunt you. Beckett is dead.” Pete said walking away from me.

“See, you do know something.” I said pointing my finger at him. “Let me tell you this. I am not crazy and I know what I saw today and what I saw was Beckett. He was behind me through a window I saw his reflection standing behind me. Beckett was a man I saw in a store and in the last one he even bumped into me having me follow him but to lose him. Something isn’t right Pete. I can tell. What secret are you keeping from me?” I asked hoping Pete would divulge what he knows.

“If you want to play this game what did you dream with your mother?” Pete replied.

“My mother?” I asked.

“Oh, don’t hand me that. You remember what your mom said to you when she came into your dream the other night and you didn’t want to tell me. So who is keeping secrets, Amanda? You can’t trust me to tell me what went on with you the other day and so I should tell you what happened in my dream?” Pete said defensively.

“Yes when it concerns me.” I replied.

“Pete, why are we fighting? I don’t want to pick a fight with you.” I said walking over to the fireplace and sitting down on the stone around it that is built to where you can sit on it.
“Amanda, I’m sorry.” He said kneeling in front of me. I raised my head from my hands and he wiped away my tears. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him not letting go.

“Amanda, Beckett did come into my dream but he isn’t bad. Remember how a vampire doesn’t get your soul well when Natasha killed Beckett she freed his soul. He finally could go to heaven. The vampire takes over your memories and your body but your soul it doesn’t get. William was like in a void for awhile unaware of what was going on. So the Beckett we knew wasn’t really Beckett who hurt us.” Pete said explaining things. I nodded my head.

“He apologized for all the things he did even though it wasn’t him. He warned me to be with you all the time and that the vampire we are fighting has a name. It is Volkmar.” Pete said as I looked at him confused.

“Volkmar? What kind of name is that?” I asked laughing but then stopping when I saw how serious Pete was.

“Volkmar is a German name and he is Dracula’s brother. I did some research on him today on my computer. You know I have time to kill during the day. I figured that we needed to know what exactly we are up against.” He replied.

“What else are you keeping from me Peter Wentz?” I asked. I could see it in his eyes he was conflicted to tell me something else or not.

“That was all.” He replied. Well I couldn’t press him on the rest he did tell me most of his dream. I am sure Pete will tell me the rest when he is ready to.

“My mom came to confirm I was pregnant. She is happy and loves me but was very concerned for me. She told me not to worry. We will know what to do about the baby. Her and my dad raised me and had me. Pete I know I am strong. I don’t want to disappoint my mother. She was the slayer so her slaying ability protected me. I don’t have that.” I said worried.

“I promise I won’t let anything happen to you, Amanda. Are you sure you don’t have any slaying abilities left in you though? I mean you had a dream with your mother.” Pete said.

“No. I don’t heal and I don’t have the super strength. I don’t know it is weird; maybe because it was my mom. But I hear of many people having dreams of their loved ones so maybe that was it.” I said trying to make sense of it.

“Amanda you woke up not wanting her to leave. Was she trying to tell you something else?” Pete asked.

“She told me to be careful until I was ready. But I can’t figure out what I have to be ready for. Do I need to be careful until I am ready to have the baby?” I asked Pete.

“I don’t know. But do tell me if you have anymore dreams.” He replied.

“Only if you do the same for me. I don’t want to have secrets between us Pete. I am a big girl. I can deal with things.” I said as Pete helped me up.

“I promise.” He said with our lips grazing each other.

“Ok, let’s go before I decide I am too tired to go slaying.” Kat said coming down the stairs.

Pete and I both laughed. “Perfect timing as always.” Pete said to me.