How Dark Is the Night?

It's Not My Fault

“So how do you feel now, Mrs. Wentz?” Pete asked me as we got out of the shower and proceeded to get dressed.

“I think I feel so much better now thanks to you.” I said wrapping my hands around Pete and caressing his nice, chest before he put his shirt on.
Pete turned around to face me and I ran my hands through his wet hair. “I think we will do ok as long as we are together.” I said smiling and putting my head on his chest as he held me while we stood in the bedroom.

“I will never leave you.” Pete said.

“Promise?” I asked.

“I promise.” Pete said.

I smiled then pulled away to finish getting ready and to pack the rest of my stuff like my toothbrush, etc… When I had finished with that, Pete grabbed my bags and I grabbed one putting it on over my shoulder to take downstairs with me. I was the first one to head out of the bedroom door and as I walked down stairs I saw lo and behold none other then a naked Erelin and Brendon thankfully covered up by a blanket but he was definitely on top of her.

“What the hell?” I said throwing my bags at them.

“Um, it’s not what you think, I swear!” Brendon said moving over and pulling the blanket up closer to him and Erelin.

“Then what is it we think we see, Brendon?” Pete said. “I thought I told you no lovey dovey stuff in my home.” Pete said scolding them but as I turned to look at him he was grinning. So I elbowed Pete in the ribs making him drop his bags.

“Hey!” He said. “That hurt.” He whined.

“Erelin, you better have a good explanation for this.” I said a little mad that they would do this in the open. I know Kat is nineteen, but what if she came down here and saw this?

“Actually, it was her fault.” Brendon said turning red that he was caught.

“Brendon!” Erelin said giving him a look.

“It’s true. She used her vampire abilities on me and made me do it against my will.” Brendon said.

“Brendon, you take that back! I did nothing of the sort. You wanted to have sex and you know it!” She said hitting him with a pillow.

“Whatever, guys.” I said picking up all of their clothes and tossing it to them. Then I made Pete turn around with me and they both flew upstairs to my bedroom shutting the door.

“Ok, eww!” I said looking at the blankets on the floor. “Do I even really want to attempt to pick them up to wash them?” I asked. All I got was laughter from Pete so I made him pick them up and wash them. That left me smiling and laughing at him.

I ran upstairs to talk to Kat who had all her things packed and ready to go. I helped her carry all her things down and I made us some lunch. I then called Andy and Chrissy to come over to take Kat driving again. I also asked if they wouldn’t mind taking her to get a cell phone since she was going to start working for Bev after the Halloween party and could start paying for it.

When Andy and Chrissy had arrived, Brendon and Erelin finally decided to grace us with their presence once again. They came down from my room apparently from a hot shower. But they needed a cold one.

“Chrissy!” Erelin said running over to her to give her a hug.

“Psh, I wouldn’t hug her if you knew what she did on my floor here.” I said pointing to the spot where Chrissy was standing.

“Huh?” Chrissy asked.

Pete proceeded to tell Andy and Chrissy why Erelin and Brendon were over here and then after he told them about us catching them I heard Andy yell, “That’s awesome!” Then he gave a high five to Brendon.

“You mean you guys actually did it right here in Pete and Amanda’s living room? Nice!” Chrissy said. I just shook my head.

“Eww!” Kat said.

“You know you guys were supposed to be here because of me. Couldn’t you have kept in your pants for once, Brendon?” I said sighing.

“I said it wasn’t my fault. Well, ok, maybe a little but it just happened ok?” Brendon said with me shaking my head and laughing at him.

“How about I make it up to you? You want to go slaying tonight?” Erelin said trying to look innocent and seeing if she could force me to say yes.

“I’m sorry Erelin. Your power of persuasion isn’t working on me. Just ask Pete. He can’t get me to do what he says half the time.” I said.

“Yeah, unfortunately it is true. She doesn’t listen.” Pete said finishing up the laundry.

“Do you want to go slaying?” Erelin asked.

I thought about it for a minute. “Sure. But you are driving my dear, and Brendon isn’t allowed.” I said laughing.

“Deal. Sorry love.” She said kissing him on the cheek.

“I will remember this. Mark my words.” He said pointing at me.

“Brendon of course you can come. Besides after last night Pete doesn’t want me out alone. He doesn’t even want me out during the day by myself. I mean, come on. What’s next, I can’t go to the bathroom by myself?” I said looking at Pete who pretended to ignore me.

“Amanda, we are sorry. I guess we just got caught in the moment. Things have been a little shaky since I have been turned.” Erelin said apologizing.

“Hey, it’s ok. It is my job to give you guys a hard way to go.” I said giving her a hug.

“Well, come on Kat.” Andy said walking to the door with Erelin dropping behind the couch for cover from the light of the door being open. Pete walked into the kitchen.

“We will take her bags and drop her off at Patrick’s when we are done.” Chrissy said.

“Thanks and will you fill him in on what happened?” I asked.

“Yeah.” She replied as she left closing the door behind her.

“Alright, then. Who is up for some Guitar Hero?” I asked.

“Ooh, we are!” The boys chimed in.

Erelin and I both looked at each other. It occurred to me that the boys being musicians would kick our butts. So, Erelin and I knew we would have to do everything in our power to win; even if it meant girls against boys and distracting them as much as possible. Bring on the fun.