How Dark Is the Night?

Halloween Night Part One

It was now almost time for the Halloween party that Jackie was having. I ran into the bathroom beating Sam and locking her out as I put on my costume and applied my make up. Pete was taking the easy way out. Him going as himself, a vampire was a big joke. But whatever, his loss, I say.

“Amanda, I need in! I have to finish getting ready.” Sam said banging on the door.

“Ok, ok.” I said opening the door and letting her in.

“I just need to put my make up on.” She said in a rush.

“Your costume is so cute.” I said.

“Yours is awesome. I love the wig and how you have a little dagger on your leg where the slit in the dress is, just like Elvira.” Sam said as she got the right make up out of her bag.

“So what is Patrick for Halloween?” I asked.

“He is dressed in a black cat suit.” She said rolling her eyes.

“What?” I said laughing so hard.

“Yeah, don’t ask.” She said. “All I can say is that he is going to be so hot in that suit and he will probably be taking his cat face off most of the night and griping at Andy on how he talked him into being in a cat suit.” Sam said laughing.

“I want a picture. I want Alex to see this.” I said laughing but then stopped.

What was I saying? And what am I doing tonight? Every part of my body wanted to scream and tell everyone what was going down tonight but I couldn’t. Volkmar had some control over me. I couldn’t tell anyone not even Pete where I was going or what I was supposed to do tonight. And what of my baby? I don’t even stand a chance but I have to try and fight for our sakes.

“Amanda, are you alright?” Sam asked snapping me back into reality.

“Oh, yeah, I am fine.” I said lying.

“So what is Pete going as?” Sam asked.

“Why himself.” I said rolling my eyes.

“He’s going as Pete Wentz, rock star?” Sam asked confused.

“No, he is going as Pete Wentz, vampire.” I said sighing.

“And here I thought he was known for dressing up for Halloween. That’s pretty sad.” She said laughing and patting me on the shoulder.

We walked out of the bathroom and headed downstairs to see the boys. I just started laughing at seeing Patrick. He took the cat head off and rolled his eyes. He was already sweating.

“I need a picture!” I said grabbing my camera from my purse on the kitchen counter.

“Remind me never to bet with Andy again.” Patrick said.

“And see you always used to be the reasonable and rational one out of all of us. You let Andy and Joe, corrupt you.” Pete said laughing.

“Shut up or your heart sees Mr. Pointy.” Patrick said.

“Boys play nice!” Sam said smiling as Patrick put the cat head back on and posed for my camera.

“Great! Thanks!” I said.

“Hey, where’s Kat?” Pete said noticing she wasn’t around.

“She was over at Erelin and Brendon’s. They took her out on patrol last night and she took her costume over there too. They are still coming over here and we are all following each other aren’t we?” I asked.

“That was the plan except Bev and Joe were going to be there already because poor Bev has to work it this year.” Sam said.

“Ah, she will have fun. You know Jackie will let her party. Believe it or not Jackie has really mellowed.” I said remembering when I missed my first day and showed up at the opening party. Jackie was not too happy until Bev covered for me and I kept my job.

“I know Bev has to be going nuts right now.” Pete said laughing.

“Why?” I asked.

“Well, Joe hasn’t shaved all week and he let his fro grow out.” Pete said.

“Bev loves his hair though what’s the problem?” I asked sitting down on the couch.

“Well, that isn’t it. It’s the scruffy part. He bought a pirate costume to match hers.” A muffled Patrick said taking his head off.

“Oh how cute!” Sam and I said in unison looking at each other.

The doorbell rang and I answered it to see Chrissy and Andy who busted out laughing at Patrick when he walked in and saw him. Chrissy looked pretty as a 1930’s ghost in her dress and with her hair pulled up. Andy actually dressed up as a mobster which had Chrissy calling him her pimp all night. He looked good and I took a picture of them too.

I asked Pete to take a picture of me and I saw that Pete didn’t mind but was hurt he couldn’t join me because he wouldn’t show up. After he took my picture he pushed me up against the bar counter and stood in front of me. I just smiled and licked my lips.

He pulled my wig back a bit and then whispered in my ear, “You look hot right now. Are you sure you want to go to this party?”

Now, if he didn’t have a hold of me and that I wasn’t pushed against the bar I probably would have collapsed from being weak in the knees because when he whispers in my ear it drives me crazy in a good way. I just smiled then said, “What do you have in mind?”

“Oh, I have a ton of things I can think of that we can do.” Pete said cocking up an eyebrow.
The doorbell rang again. “I’ll get it!” Sam said.

Brendon, Erelin, and Kat arrived and I gave Pete a look. “It looks like we will have to take a rain check.” I said whispering in his ear and kissing him hard.

“Eww, get a room.” Erelin said pushing Pete and me apart.

“Hey, back off my husband.” I said laughing.

“Now, ladies don’t all fight over me at once.” Pete said grinning.

“Dream on Pete.” Brendon said extending both his arms with Erelin and me both taking one of his arms.

Brendon was wearing a suit he wore when he was a Dandy. He had fake fangs in. Pete just shook his head.

“You miss it don’t you?” Pete said.

“It’s hard to explain. I was used to it for so long that it took me awhile to get used to being human again. Then she gets turned and that is the last thing I would ever want for Erelin. It should have been me.” Brendon said frowning.

I kissed him on the cheek and said, “You helped save my life more than once. Now it is Erelin’s turn to keep us all out of trouble.” I said laughing but not at Brendon.

I took a picture of Brendon and then Erelin took one of me and Brendon. We did a sexy pose which was so corny but funny. Brendon posed with his fake fangs out like he was going to bite me standing behind me and I used the pose Elvira uses. It was great.

Erelin dressed up as Morticia Addams from the Addams Family show. Which not only did I love that show, I loved her costume. I was jealous. Why didn’t I think of that?

“Wow, Erelin, I love your costume. Maybe it will be down to us in the best costume contest.” I said laughing.

“You know I will win.” She said.

“Dream on.” I said laughing.

Kat seemed so quiet. She looked lost in thought. “Kat are you alright?” I asked.

“Yeah, I’m just hoping I have fun.” She said sighing.

“You will.” I said snapping a picture of her.

“Everyone ready?” Patrick asked.

“Sure!” We all said heading out of Patrick’s place.