How Dark Is the Night?

Good Or Bad?

I had apparently dozed off as I woke up and noticed my surroundings. It was so eerily quiet both in the room with Brendon on the bed and outside the room. I looked at my watch to find that it was almost seven am.

Wow, I had been out for a while. I must have needed the sleep but it was not at a good time. I got up off the floor and walked over to the bed to check on Brendon.

I touched his hand to find it cold. I quickly let go and stepped back. Then, I noticed his mouth start to move. His fangs started to slide out of his mouth. He was starting to wake up now as a vampire.

I stepped back and grabbed my stake up off the floor. Brendon woke up and sat up in bed. He looked so pale. I had forgotten that I did not have time to change. I still had his blood all over my clothes.

Brendon looked around and stared at me when he saw me. I could not tell if he was good or bad yet. I was getting a little worried because as a slayer I was not usually off on these things.

He got up off the bed and came towards me baring his fangs and backing me up into a wall. I was a little scared and nervous I was going to have to stake him. I did not want to do that.

“Brendon, it’s me.” I said hoping he would snap out of it.

Brendon just stared at me and showed off his fangs like he was hungry. “Brendon!” I yelled as he pushed me into the wall. I pushed him back and he grabbed me knocking me to the ground. I reached up grabbing his leg, which was not exactly a good thing. He ended up landing on top of me.

Brendon pinned me down baring his fangs. His eyes were so different. They looked conflicted.

I broke one hand away and decked him sending him flying to the floor. Brendon just laid there. I crawled over to where he was and rolled him over. The next thing I knew, Brendon had pulled my face down and kissed me.

“Erelin.” He said as I quickly pulled away.

“Brendon!” I yelled. “Brendon, it’s me, Amanda.” I said. I could feel him now and he was good just confused as Erelin and Pete were when they were turned.

“Amanda?” He asked as I got up.

“Yes! It’s me.” I said grabbing him as he got up. I looked at his eyes and they were back to normal.

“Easy.” He said. “I’m still a little out of it.” He replied.

“I don’t care! You are back and you are good! I knew this would work!” I said in excitement as I hugged Brendon with a death grip.

“Amanda, you are squeezing too tight.” He replied.

“Oh, sorry.” I said letting go.

Brendon looked over at the mirror on the dresser to see that he had no reflection. “It really worked? But how did you know your idea would work?” Brendon asked.

“I didn’t really know. I just hoped it would. Beckett told me I would save two of my friends.” I said.

“I remember you telling me that in the hospital.” He replied.

“As you laid there dying in Erelin’s arms I had a feeling to turn around and I saw Beckett. Then the thought occurred to me that if she turned you and you became good then you wouldn’t leave us just yet.” I said.

Brendon took his shirt off and threw it on the floor. He looked down to see that his wound had healed up. I smiled because I was glad to have him back.

“Brendon, you were very stupid to go up against Volkmar.” I said punching him.

“Hey, I did try to help Kat, though. It was my job to try and stop him, Amanda.” He replied.

“He has Kat.” I said looking down.

“Hey.” He said raising my chin up. “We will get her back. Micah is with her. I do not think Volkmar will harm her for a while. He will try to mess with her and more than likely come back after us.” Brendon said.

“I hope you are right.” I said.

“You on the other hand need to go and bring Pete back. Go to Chicago, Amanda. As your new watcher again, I order you to.” He said smiling.

“Oh, you order me?” I said trying to smile.

“Yes. If we are going to beat Volkmar, then we need the whole team as we defeated Dracula. He will come home. I know so. Go get him back.” Brendon said hugging me.

“Thanks.” I said. It felt good to know that one of my best friends was going to be all right.

“How’s Erelin?” Brendon asked.

“Oh, we got to get out of here. She was cussing and screaming at me through the door.” I said.
“If I know Erelin, she did not mean it. She was just upset and worried about me.” He replied.

“Brendon she did sire you, you know. When she gets to feeling better about you being back, you may want to watch it.” I replied.

“Oh and why is that?” He replied.

“Every little thing you may say or do to piss her off she is definitely going to use her siring you over your head.” I said laughing.

“Psh, whatever.” He said rolling his eyes. “All I have to do is turn on the charm.” He added.

“Ok, right.” I said rolling my eyes.

I walked over and removed the small dresser I had put in front of the door with Brendon’s help. Then we banged on the door and yelled until a sleepy Patrick slowly opened it. He held my crossbow in his hands.

“Easy there. He is good.” I said shielding Brendon.

“Is it really you?” Chrissy said getting up off the couch. Apparently, everyone had a sleepover in the living room and training room.

“Yes it is me.” He said hugging her.

Everyone gathered around happy to see Brendon was ok. Everyone except Erelin gathered around that is. Brendon looked around the room for her.

“Where’s Erelin?” Brendon asked.

“She ended up crying herself to sleep in front of the door here so Andy carried her upstairs to the guest room.” Sam said.

“Excuse me guys.” He said running over to the fridge and grabbing a blood packet. I knew he was hungry from almost attacking me. Then I watched him run up the steps to upstairs drinking his packet along the way.

“Go get her tiger.” I whispered.

Everyone was hugging me and thanking me for my idea. All I could do was smile. It was not really my idea though. I have Beckett to thank for saving Brendon’s life. My only concern now was protecting and saving another one of my friends. All I could do was ask myself, “Who’s next?”

I told everyone I was leaving to get Pete back. Sam and Chrissy thought that it was a bad idea for one slayer to be gone while Volkmar has the other. I explained to them that Brendon is back and will not let anything happen to anyone but in order to rescue Kat and Micah we needed our original group back; the ones who defeated Dracula.

I headed upstairs and packed a backpack. It was something I could pack weapons in once I got to Chicago that could also carry just enough clothes for a day or two as well. All I needed now was a shower to wash away what I had went through last night and a ride to the airport.