How Dark Is the Night?

Lips Crashing Into Mine

(Pete’s POV)
I called the airlines and got our tickets then I called Brendon to tell him we both would be heading back to L.A. Amanda is going to be so thrilled to learn her best friend is going to have a little Trohman and that Chrissy and Andy are finally going to tie the knot. If not everything was crazy, I wish I could give Amanda the honeymoon that she even deserves.

“Pete? Who was that? Did you call back home?” Amanda asked as I walked over to the bed.

“I called and got us tickets to fly home for tonight. We leave at six. Mom will have to drive me and I will have to cover up because it will still be daylight. You will have to take your rental car back as I found it and drove you here in it last night. In addition, I just got off the phone with Brendon. I felt I should check in with him.” I said shaking my head at Amanda.

“What?” She asked.

“You didn’t eat the banana.” I replied.

“I can’t eat that! I hate bananas. I don’t care if it’s good for me or not, Pete you know I can not stomach the taste of those things.” She said pushing her tray aside.

“What about Alex?” I asked.

“Um, Alex can have bananas when she is born and starts to eat baby food.” She replied. Well, that was that. There is no winning with Amanda once she makes her mind up on something.

“How are things back home? Any news about Kat?” Amanda asked with her eyes all lit up.

“No.” I replied sitting on the bed.

“Oh.” She said glumly.

“But, there is some good news he told me.” I said happily.

“I want the details!” She said excitedly.

“Well, you and I will be at a wedding when we get back.” I replied.

“You mean Patrick and Sam are finally getting hitched?” She asked.

“No. Chrissy and Andy are.” I said patting her leg.

“That is totally awesome. I cannot wait to get back home to discuss plans. I will have to go dress shopping for me to have something to wear, I can pay for her flowers, and this is going to be so much fun! I wonder what decided to make Andy finally cave in.” She said confused.

“I don’t know but you know as much as I do how Chrissy is.” I said rolling my eyes. Amanda laughed.

“He didn’t have a chance.” She grinned. It was always nice to see Amanda smile.

“And the other thing I have to tell you is that someone is having a baby.” I said coolly.

“No way! Who?” She asked.

“Bev and Joe are.” I said smiling.

“Ah! This is so great! Maybe she will have a boy. Can they not only grow up together but also maybe fall in love together! I love it!” She said excitedly.

“Hold up here. Alex is not even born yet. Second, she is not going to date a Trohman or a Hurley. Especially not even an Urie for that matter.” I said shuttering at the thought.

“Why not? At least she would be dating someone we know whose parents we trust.” She said giving me a look.

“Because I know them, and their kids are going to be the same way. Look at it this way. Say you knew me ok, but we were not in a relationship. Let us say Alex is yours but not mine. Would you let her date someone like me?” I asked.

“Uh, yeah, I guess.” She replied.

“What? You would let…nevermind.” I said.

“Yeah, you are confusing me, Pete. Try and chill out about this.” She said.

“I’m calm. I am so calm.” I said not really.

“I can not believe you are ok with this.” I said.

“Pete, it was a thought. Alex is not even born yet. I want the best for her and she may not even like our friends’ kids. It was just a thought of mine.” She said sighing.

“She is not dating until she is thirty and no one in a band.” I said.

“Oh, Pete what am I going to do with you?” She said leaning into me to kiss my ear.

“I don’t know, love me?” I said turning to meet her lips.

“Yes and about my surprise it will have to wait. I would like to get out of these dirty blood ridden clothes and into something comfortable. Maybe I will even shower.” She said getting up but I grabbed her arm.

“You mean you don’t want your surprise now?” I asked grinning.

“Why don’t you join me in the shower and we can discuss my surprise. Maybe I will even surprise you.” She said taunting me as she grabbed her bag I brought in and walked into the bathroom.

I quickly got up and ran into the bathroom with her. I shut the door and remembered that I could not lock it. Oh well, no one was home but us anyway.

I started to think about what I was going to do now to surprise Amanda, and ended up caught off guard. Amanda surprised me. She slammed me up against the door with her lips crashing into mine. I liked this.

“Welcome back, loverboy.” She said turning her head and whispering in my ear.