How Dark Is the Night?

Me And You And Something Blue

“Hmm, that was amazing.” I said as I lay in the bed with Pete.

“Yes, it was but I thought I was the one who was going to surprise you.” He said pouting.

“There is always next time.” I said grinning.

“Next time, I like the sound to that.” He replied as I curled up on him and layed on his shoulder.

“Well, I had my shower and some fun in between. Believe it or not I am hungry again.” I said sighing.

“You mean you are ready to go again?” Pete asked eager to jump at the chance.

“No silly. I am starving for food.” I said laughing.

“Well, maybe we should get dressed and head downstairs to see what we can make together for you.” Pete said kissing me on the forehead then getting up out of the bed.

“I’m so glad I have you.” I said getting up and finding my clean clothes.

We headed downstairs to the kitchen and Pete went searching for whatever food he could find that we could make ourselves. Pete wanted to make sure that I would eat so he kept throwing lunch meat out and leftovers his mom had from the night before’s dinner. This was not something to cook together I thought, laughing inside.

“Pete, I thought you wanted me to cool with you.” I said laughing.

“Well, I don’t want to make a mess and have to clean up later.” He replied.

“Oh, I see.” I said making fun of him.

“Hey, I never said I was a chef.” He replied.

“True. If you were, I am afraid I would have never met you.” I said grinning.

Pete rolled his eyes at me as he made me a few sandwhiches and some soup that was leftover. It smelled good whatever it was. I sat in a dining room chair watching him work.

“Here you go.” He said bringing this tray of food to the table.

“You didn’t hurt yourself making this now did you?” I asked sort of making fun of him.

“If you do not like my chef skills then you can find someone else to cook.” He replied sitting down in a chair beside me. I just smiled and laughed as I took his hand and squeezed it.

“Thanks.” I said taking a bite out of a ham sandwhich that he had piled super high.

“You are eating for two so I made sure to make you a monster sandwhich.” Pete said smiling.

When lunch was over, Pete would not let me walk up the steps. He wanted to carry me. Usually I would complain but I was starting to feel tired again as my body was still starting to heal.

“I think I am going to take a nap until your mom gets home from work to take us to the airport Pete.” I replied.

“I think I am going to check out the Fall Out Boy boards and then I will join you.” Pete replied as he sat me down on the bed.

“Ok.” I yawned.

I fell right to sleep and into dreamland. I suddenly found myself running but from what or whom I did not know. I was hearing voices, thoughts. I heard Pete’s and he was worried about me as always. Then I started to hear local vampires’ thoughts in my dreams. This was starting to freak me out.

I stopped running when I saw a panicked Kat. She was shaking and looking right through me even though I was standing almost in front of her. Then, it seemed as if all the voices in my head stopped.

“Kat! Kat, are you ok?” I asked wondering if we were sharing the same dream.

Finally, she looked up at me and saw me there. “He wants me. I cannot outrun him. He is going to find me.” Kat said.

“Kat, where are you? Where is he keeping you? We will find you, I promise.” I said.

Then, Kat disappeared and the voices in my head started up again. I kneeled down with my head in my hands trying to get them to stop. The voices quit again, to where I was only hearing one voice now and it was Volkmar’s voice.

“Bring her to me!” I heard.

The scenery changed in my dream. I was now standing in an even bigger mansion. I was in the ballroom that had large windows just as the last mansion only outside was a pool and a path full of trees and bushes that lead into a maze.

I saw Volkmar standing on the balcony with Kat. He was talking to his gang. What kind of dream was this, a premonition?

Then, my eyes saw the most horrible site. I watched as Kat tried to fight off Volkmar and I heard Micah yell something in the crowd of vampires but I could not see him. My heart nearly stopped, as I was powerless to do anything in this dream. Volkmar had ahold of Kat now and bit her fiercely, killing her.

“No!” I screamed running past all of the vampires and trying to get up to Volkmar.

It was no use. Kat was dead and everything was starting to fade in my dream. The voices picked back up and I grabbed my stomach, doubling over in pain, pain that was worse then becoming a slayer.

I woke up and fell out of bed on the floor. The pain was real. I grabbed my stomach and curled up on the floor screaming and crying.

“Amanda, what’s wrong?” Pete said as he rushed over to me. “Is it the baby? Oh, no, tell me its not…” He could not finish.

“No, it’s…its, Kat!” I yelled with tears streaming down my face as Pete picked me up.

“What about her? Breathe, Amanda.” Pete said.

“She’s dead! He killed her.” I said still reeling from the pain and loss of a slayer.