How Dark Is the Night?

Lips Pressed CloseTo Mine...

“Amanda, you are home!” Pete said whisking me away upstairs as soon as I walked in the door from shopping with Sam and Chrissy for a dress to wear tonight.

“Pete, I hadn’t even walked in the door for five minutes and you are carrying me up here to the bedroom.” I said with bags clutched to me as Pete sat me down on the bed.

“I know but I missed you. I have a surprise for you.” He said.

“I have one for you too.” I replied.

“You go first.” Pete replied.

“Here.” I said handing him the tall bag on a hanger.

“This is the outfit I wore for the Dance, Dance and Arms Race video. Tell me you did not go back to our place. You know I don’t like you doing that because of Volkmar and his spies.” Pete said angrily.

“Relax. Chrissy and Sam were with me and we were careful. We were in and out in no time and I remembered you telling me how you wanted to keep that costume as a reminder of the fun you had on the videos. So I thought why not wear it to the wedding. Whenever Chrissy has her fancy wedding then you will have to wear a real tux.” I said grinning.

Pete kissed me and I kissed him back. I was a little tired but I am never tired for my husband. Pete then picked me up off the bed and told me to turn around with my eyes closed. I heard him rummage around the room for something.

“Ok, turn around slowly and hold out your hands.” Pete said.

I held my hands out and felt a long, heavy box placed into them. I opened my eyes and started to open the box. What I pulled out was a beautiful engraved picture frame that had our wedding photo in it. I did not tell Pete what happened, so how did he know I broke the old frame?

“Pete, it’s beautiful!” I said noticing an engraving on it.

“When two become one.” Pete said as I did when I read it aloud off the picture frame. There was even his lovely bat symbol he loves so well at the end.

“I’m glad you like it. Brendon told me what happened earlier this morning to it when I noticed it missing. I had Patrick go out and find a better one then before. I feel like we are one when we are together so that was the first thing that came to mind.” Pete said taking it back out of my hands and sitting it on the dresser.

I wrapped my arms around Pete and kissed him hard. He responded back and we somehow found our way back to the bed making out. I climbed on top of Pete when I heard Erelin say, “Ahem!”

I quickly hopped off Pete a little embarrassed. “Hi, Erelin.” I said blushing.

“And here you tell me not to think dirty thoughts around you when I’m with Brendon, and here I see you on top of Pete.” Erelin said walking into the room.

“Well, aren’t you supposed to knock first? We were trying to have a little alone time.” Pete said annoyed.

“I need to talk to Amanda, remember?” Erelin asked.

“Oh yeah, I’m sorry.” Pete said. “I will just be downstairs getting a bite to eat.” Pete replied as Erelin sat down on the bed.

“I told Pete about my visions.” Erelin said.

“You did?” I asked.

“Yeah. I had another one between last night and this morning in dream form. I wrote everything down too like you said. On a lighter note, Chrissy and Andy’s wedding will go with no interruptions if that one comes true. On the other hand I had a dream with you in it.” Erelin said proceeding to tell me about it.

I let her tell me everything and then I told her about my dream where I saw Kat die and felt her die. That room is the same room I saw in my dream. I told Erelin this.

“Do you realize what this means?” I asked.

“Uh, that we will be fighting in another mansion with a ballroom like this?” Erelin asked.

“Yes! You are starting to see things and focus in on them!” I said all excitedly.

“But you looked dead, Amanda. That is not good.” She said worried.

“I won’t die, at least not anytime soon so don’t worry.” I said trying to reassure her.

“Can I see your dress?” Erelin asked.

“Sure.” I replied taking it out of the hanging bag. It was a purple dress with spaghetti straps and was knee length.

“It’s pretty.” She replied.

“I was very surprised to see that Patrick has good tastes. Remember the dress I wore to a fashion show with Brendon in New York City for the Fashion Rocks thing before you got married?” Erelin asked.

“Yes, I vaguely do.” I replied.

“Well, Patrick picked it out and it is perfect for tonight. I want to show Chrissy because she never got to see it.” She said.

“Well, Chrissy will be back soon. She and Andy went out by now I am sure to meet the judge and get their marriage liscence.” I said laying out the shoes that I would wear with the dress tonight.

“Well, I better go get ready for tonight before Brendon hogs the bathroom.” Erelin said sighing as she got up.

“Yeah, everyone knows he primps like a girl.” I said laughing.

After Erelin took off to get ready, I went downstairs to train a bit. I still had time before I needed to get ready and I could shower again after I trained. I hope that Erelin and Brendon would be out of the bathroom by then.

I found Sam singing for Patrick, which I thought was cool but weird. Sam always hated to sing in front of people. I turned to my right to see Pete staring at me.

“You want to go at it?” I said whispering in Pete’s ear as I approached him.

“Now?” He asked.

“I don’t mean go at it as in sex, silly.” I laughed.

“Then what do you mean?” Pete asked as I teased him a bit by playing with his waistline, rubbing my fingers across it.

“Tag, you are it!” I said running over to the training area.

“Ok, that’s it!” He said following me then tackling me down on the mats.

“Some things never change.” Patrick said laughing at us.

I smiled and looked in Pete’s eyes as he was above me. It was nice to go back to the way things used to be for a while. Pete did not see it coming but I flipped him over and pinned him.

“Pinned you!” I said happy for a change.

“As I recall this seems strangely familiar.” Pete said laughing.

“And just what are you going to do about it?” I said leaning over him.

“This!” He said rolling me over, and tickling me until I could not breathe.

“I can’t breathe. No fair!” I got out.

“No, but this is.” He said kissing my neck and then making his way to my lips. He sent shivers down my spine.

Pete took his fingers and traced my lips. I just looked at him with so much love and smiled. He smiled and then gently began to kiss my lips pulling away as he would barely touch them.

“Pete, I’m the only one allowed to tease.” I said pulling him into a deeper kiss.