How Dark Is the Night?

Andy's Feelings

(Pete’s POV)
“Ha! I made it first. In the next week, you get to clean Patrick’s apartment instead of me. You and Erelin have been staying here too.” I said laughing at Brendon who kept giving me looks.

“You cheated but I guess I will help clean this place up.” Brendon sighed not wanting to pick a fight with me.

Andy was on the couch wearing his tux and looking all cleaned up and spiffy already. Nice. He must have stopped by a shop and picked one up in the last few days.

“Andy, do you mind helping me and Brendon with something? We both have been writing some new songs and we want to know what kind of beat we should use and such.” I lied as we approached Andy. Well, I was writing new songs but I would use Patrick for figuring out the musical genius part of it. This was our excuse to get him upstairs where Chrissy could come down safely.

“You two are writing?” Andy asked surprised.

“What? Pete and I cannot write songs together?” Brendon said trying to stay calm and not look nervous. Normally he and Ryan would collaborate. Was Andy going to buy this?

“Oh, well, I guess but wouldn’t you need Patrick’s expertise?” Andy said looking over at Patrick who was working on some new weapons gadget.

“No. We need you and this cannot wait.” I said eyeing Brendon.

“Yes, we really need your help.” Brendon said.

“Well, ok then. I have a little time. To be honest, Patrick is not married yet and I have some questions about marriage. Both of you are married so maybe you can help calm my fears.” Andy said getting up.

Brendon looked at me and I heard what he was thinking, “Did he just say he had fears?”

I nodded my head and started to head upstairs with Andy behind us. “Andy, relax. Marriage is a wonderful thing. I mean, Amanda and I have had our difficulties but we truly love each other and always find our way back to each other.” I said. Wait, that is not a good thing to say to someone who is about to get married and has fears. What am I thinking?

“Way, to go, Pete!” I heard Brendon think and felt a hit to my arm as we walked upstairs.

“Am I really right for Chrissy? I mean I really do love Chrissy, but am I the one for her? Then there is the age difference between us.” Andy said as we approached my room.

“Well, buddy we shall discuss this inside, shall we?” Brendon said as he pointed for Andy to walk in first and gave me a pissed look.

“Yes, step into our office.” I said trying to make a funny and closing the door behind us.

I walked over to the bed and I saw Brendon turn. He was telling Amanda now that they needed to get Chrissy out of here. I was reading his thoughts as Amanda was hearing them.

“So, Andy, tell me that you still want to get married tonight.” I said praying that he was just scared but ready to take the plunge.