The Obsession

38.

He dropped the phone, only to pick it up and ask, "Are you sure its really..George?"

"Yes, we are pretty sure. If you do not believe us, then come down to station and identify him for yourself."

His hand was shaky and sweaty. No, no; he could not even dare of thinking about going! What would happen? What could happen? But, at the same time, he had to. He had to go just to see if it really was the bastard who fucked him up so bad..

"I'll be down there at three."

*

Jon had just gotten back home from at 7:30 pm, but he was surprised that Ryan wasn't there. He had known that Ryan was leaving to the police station today, but he thought that he would have been home by now.

Deciding not to worry, he sat down on the couch with Hobo and watched some TV. It wasn't until Brendon had came home and the clock striked nine that Jon began to worry.

"Bren, what if he was kidnapped?"

"I'm sure he must have gone out to coffee or something with that Adrien guy from work."

Oh, like that would console him! Adrien was a perv and had a pervy thing for Ryan.

He shook his head and tried to call him for the twentieth time now. No answer. Hopefully he wasn't kidnapped or with Adrien. Standing up, he got on his coat and yelled, "I'm going out to find Ryan, I'll be back soon!"

"Okay, just don't strangle Adrien when you see him!"

He rolled his eyes. Him, violent? No... Only if that pervert touched his lover in a certain pervy would provoke any violence out of him.

*

He walked down to the police station and asked the lady there, "Did you see a Ryan Ross come in today? I am his boyfriend, Jon, and I was just looking for him."

"Yes, we did have a Ryan Ross come in today at three. But he left to go to the coffee shop across the street after finding out that the man we had was not his father." said the older woman.

"Thank you." He walked out of the door and saw Adrien there. He shivered at the sight of the Italian man. His tall figure of six feet, those dull green eyes, the tan, and the ever-so-perfectly-styled Calvin Klein underwear model hair.

He approached him and asked as nicely as his jealousy could let him, "Adrien, did you see Ryan? My boyfriend?"

He looked at him in disgust before replying in the very disgust that was on his face, "Ew. You're Jon!? Ryan always made you sound so dreamy, so gorgeous, but ew! You're like, average. Why the hell isn't Ryan dating anyone good looking enough for him? Like, oh I don't know, me?"

Jon growled, then replied harshly, "Listen bitch, if Ryan wants to date me, then let him date me. He happens to love me, so if I were you, I wouldn't push it. Now, where is he?"

Adrien rolled his eyes. "I tried talking to him, but he just ignored me. So, I took him out to an ice cream place, and he literally accussed me of coming on to him, so I like, ditched him there. Then I saw him when he was walking home and it was raining out. Mm, the way his tight clothes clung to his body even tighter made me horny!"

"Just tell me where he is bitch!" he shouted.

The people in the shop stared at him in pure silence.

"Fine. I asked him if he wanted a lift and he thought that I wanted to fuck him, but I didn't. I wound up having to drive away and leave him there in the shittiest area of town just so he wouldn't call the cops on me." he finished silently.

"Where did you last see him?"

"On the corner of Downtown 5th Street near South Parker Avenue." Adrien said simply.

*

Jon was on the corner of Downtown 5th Street near South Parker avenue asking everyone if they had seen his Ryan.

No one did. Except for one homeless person who told him, "Yeah he has a nice ass. And he's really pretty too. So, how do you know him?"

"He's my boyfriend."

"Lucky bastard.. I saw him go on South Parker Street and into an alleyway--I think he was trying to take a shortcut--when all of a sudden, I saw some man jump on him and beat him till he fell unconscious. I tried to tell the cops, but they wouldn't believe me cause there was no blood here and no evidence that the hottie was here..I guess I have that evidence now.." he explained to Jon while pointing to alleyway where it happened.

Jon's heart dropped into his stomach. No, no; this couldn't have happened. It couldn't have. He called up Brendon instantly and asked, "Is Ryan there? Did you get a hold of him?"

"No, he's not here."

Jon hung up and tried calling Ryan's cell phone. The moment he heard the ringtone, he stood up in hope of hearing Ryan answer the phone. Instead, though, he saw the phone in the depths of the dark, lifeless alleyway.

He went over slowly to the phone and picked it up in disbelief.. He was gone. His Ryan was gone. Tears cascaded his face as he called up Brendon and told him, "He was...was kidnapped. My Ryan..kidnapped...by some obsessed sicko."