Obviously

A Million Reasons To Say No And A Million And One

I walked slowly out of Ms. Menks’ office and into the lobby where Drea was waiting. The shock was still settling when Drea ran up to me all jumpy and excited. I stared at her as she jumped up and down until she realized I wasn’t jumping with her. She looked at me with an eyebrow raised and then she crossed her arms.

“What’s wrong Cristy?” She asked me. “It’s a once in a lifetime experience! It is a great job opportunity. I don’t get why you aren’t jumping up and down.”

“America Drea!” I yelled which caused maybe all the people in the room look at me but I couldn’t give a damn. “All the way in bloody-fucking-America!”

“What Cristy?! It’s the job opportunity you have always been waiting for!” She yelled at me.

“But I can’t just leave my life here! Unlike you Drea I didn’t leave and go to some place every month!” I yelled adding more fuel to the fight that was about to come.

“So this is the thanks I get?! I worked hard for you to get that interview! Now you’re just going to chuck it all away! You won’t be leaving your whole life here in London! You can still visit and I’ll still be with you in America! This is something we have been talking about for years! I know I’ve been gone for awhile and missed a few important things but that doesn’t mean anything! C’mon Cristy this is something you would die for!”

“I can’t just leave Danny!” I said as realization sunk in. I can’t leave Danny.

“Cristy! You’ve been dating for what? A day! And you are going to throw something that could affect your whole future right now?”

“Danny can be part of my future too.”

“Yeah the guy who disappears and avoids you for who-knows-how-many-years.”

I stared at her with disbelief before walking over to the elevator, letting my shoulder hit hers. As I waited for the elevator I turned around and looked at her before going into the elevator.

“Danny!” I yelled as I entered his flat. I walked into the living room, the bedrooms, the bathrooms, and the balcony without any sight of Danny. I was passing by the kitchen when I saw a figure with brown curly hair by the stove. “Are you cooking?”

Danny turned around surprised. He had an apron around his hips and oven mitts that he took off. He smiled and embraced me in a hug and kissed me on the lips. “Yes, that I am.”

“No fucking way.” I said as I looked over his shoulder to see what he was cooking. I saw a bowl with steam coming out of it. “That better not be poisonous.”

He smiled one of his cheeky smiles before sticking his tongue out at me. “I guess you’ll have to eat to find out.”

I fake growled before going to the living room to answer the phone that was ringing obnoxiously loud.

“Hello?” I said as I picked it up.

“Hi, this is Mr. Cain. May I please speak to Cristy?” Mr. Cain said on the other end.

“Hey Mr. Cain, it’s Cristy speaking. What’s up?” I asked expecting him to ask if I could come in tomorrow.

“Oh, hello Cristy. I am sorry to say this but you are fired.” He said simply.

“what?” I said as I thought about things that I could have done that would have caused me to be fired.

“Don’t worry Cristy, you didn’t do anything wrong.” He said. “Everyone is being laid off, including me. We have to close it down. I am sorry but you are an intelligent girl I bet you can find something better to do. Oh I’ve got to go now. Maybe I’ll see you around.”

With that he hung up. I place the phone down as my whole body went numb.

“Hey Cristy! Does this look right?” Danny yelled. I didn’t respond as I stood there in the middle of the living room. I didn’t notice him get out of the kitchen and walk up to me until I felt his arms wrap around my waist and his warm lips kissed my cold neck.

I jumped slightly which cause him to laugh. He turned me around so I was facing him.

“What’s wrong?” he asked as he moved both of his hands to either side of my face. I looked down ashamed but his hands were quick to keep my eyes locked on his. “You can tell me.”

“IhavetogotoAmerica.” I mumbled out really fast that I even I didn’t know what I was saying until I said it. I looked away as I realized what I said, afraid of Danny’s reaction if he understood.

“What?” he asked as he made me look at his face again.

“I think, I have to go to America.” I said and looked away again.

“What? For how long?” he asked.

“For work, so basically forever.” I mumbled really softly.

“What?” he yelled.

“I am sorry Danny! Today I had an interview that Drea set up. It was going really well and then around the end the interviewer mentioned that it was in America but before I could say anything she was already gone! I told Drea I wasn’t going to take the job even though it was my DREAM job because it was all the way in America but that call was just my old boss saying that he has to close down so I am either jobless or go to America for the job of my dreams!” I let out quickly. I didn’t even think fully about it until now. I couldn’t live of the boys and Drea was right I couldn’t turn down my dream job.

“What? You don’t have to move all the way across the Atlantic!” Danny said.

“Danny I won’t have a job here. You know how long it took me to find that job and this job opportunity is something I’ve been waiting for.”

“But you said it yourself you weren’t going to take it.”

“Yeah! Cause I still had a job here but now I don’t.”

“You can do something! We go on tour in a few weeks you can do merch!”

“Danny, I can’t. I may not have realized it awhile ago but I have to do this. I can’t waste the four years of college I went through so I can sell merchandise. It’s something I wont be able to live with.” I tell him solemnly.

“So what about us?” he asks.

“I don’t know” I said my voice barely a whisper.

“That’s great Cristy, just oh-fucking-great!” he yelled. “So everything was pointless!”

“Look, I didn’t know it was going to turn out like this!” I said.

“Yeah so now you are just going to leave! I should have known you would just leave me.” Danny said, saying the last part more to him than to me.

“I am not just leaving you Danny.” I said as I try to put my hand on his cheek. He just slaps it away and glares at me.

“Yes you are” he says his glare still on his face.

“Fine be that way!” I said and with that I leave him behind and rush out of his flat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey you guys. :) Just wanted to say [cause I always forget] thanks for the eight stars! :D I never thought I would get that high. :D So I love you all dearly and want to thank you for reading this story even with my terrible updating schedule and writing. And just to warn this is the second to last chapter, the next one is the last. :)