When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 19

When suddenly he heard Lynn scream.

He stood up and ran towards the lake faster than light. She was in danger. He didn’t sense anyone, but his powers were weakening each second he passed on earth so there was the possibility that he’d missed something. For his embarrassing surprise Lynn wasn’t in danger. She just screamed because of a dammed rat. And she was naked. Lynn looked up to see Alexius covering his eyes, muttering not-so-nice words and almost running onto a tree.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU FU*%ING PERVERT!!!!!!” she yelled covering herself up with the towel he brought her

“WHY THE HELL DID YOU SCREAMED FOR!!!!?”

“GO AWAY!!!”

“Liar, we made a deal” she returned from the lake glaring daggers at him.

“Is not my fault you’re scared of rats” he said

“Pervert!” she snapped

“Whimp!”

She gaped. What did he just called her? She was gonna spit her sweet deadly poisonous reply when…

“Anyway, I’ll take a bath” he stood up

She shivered then tensed

“…Okay” he thought “weird”

“you okay?” he asked her

“I’m cold” she said and bringing her legs up to her chest she wrapped her arms around them

“Take this” Alex tossed her a shirt

“What the hell’s this?”

“A shirt”

“That’s not what I meant you dumbass”

“Oh, and I’m the dumbass”

“No seriously”
“You’re cold, it isn’t mush, but it will cover you while I’m gone” he said

Cover me while he’s gone?... “Wait! Were you planning on—”

“No” he cut her off “but if you want” he smirked

He looked like his brother when he smirked. Wait! What!?

“Who do you think you are!?”

“I knew you wanted it” he winked at her and walked away to the lake

She gaped “Jerk!”

The sun was setting, orange and wine rays passed through the leaves. And the forest grew darker each second, but surprisingly she wasn’t afraid. Not even when Alex, a total stranger, appeared that morning in her sofa. She wasn’t afraid of what was happening to her… she actually was enjoying her situation… well, leaving out the guns of course.

She was falling asleep when Alex came back “I need that shirt you know” his voice brought her back to reality.

“Use your old one” she said sleepy, tightening her grip around her legs

“riiiight, anyway, don’t sleep like that you’ll hurt yourself”

“What do you want me to do?” she mumbled

“Use the towel I gave you dummie” he chuckled

“is wet…” she said and fell asleep. He laughed softly. He went towards her. He placed her towel on the ground and without waking her up he placed her softly on the ground.

Then he laid down beside her. He could see a few stars through the tall trees. He smiled sadly, the night-sky in Sylden was a lot different. How mush he missed his world… his family. A family that would never be the same.

He was loosing his powers and if he didn’t reach the Portal he would soon become mortal… human.

With that he drifted in dream.