When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 28

He suddenly wrapped his arms around her 'he wasn't going to let them hurt her'. He was feeling something weird he had never felt before, but he didn't paid heed to it.
"uhm...dude, are you turning emo?"
"Urgh, nice way to ruin the mood Lynn" he rolled his eyes, "come on, we need to go" he grabbed her hand and dragged her behing him.
"...just saying" she muttered trying to suppress a smile. ‘Why is he acting so sweet suddenly?’ Not that she minded, in fact she liked it... and she wasn't sure why she liked his hug. Ok, he was nice, hot and all, but she didn't feel anything for him...right?
"Uhm, Alex... what happened there? Did you kill him?" she asked, full of curiosity.
"Yes, I did kill him"
"Uhm...and why the hell were you hugging me?"
"Because he said something that got me thinking"
Now, she was more curious "What he said?"
"Why do you ask so many questions?"He chuckled then sighed "He said that we couldn't hide forever and that they were going to kill you"
"aww, you don't want me to die, that's why you hugged me right?"
He chucked again "something like that" the truth was...yes, he didn't want her to die, but he wasn't sure what triggered that emotion and the act of him hugging her.
Now, he was surprised. He even stopped walking, Lynn suddenly hugged him. The funny thing was that since she was smaller than him, she had to wrap her small and delicate arms around his waist, not his neck.
"You're small" He chuckled wrapping his arms on her neck.
"Shut up, I'm not small, you're too tall"
They broke their hug and kept walking. Both of them with big smiles on their faces.

"You see, they always find us when we have a car" She broke the silence after 5 minutes.
"And the stupid thing is that I have to buy clothes again" she pouted
"And the money?" he asked
"In my pocket" she said proudly
"Good"
"Alex...you never taught me how to use a gun"
"I don't wanna die in the process"
She narrowed her eyes at him
"I can teach you how to fight"
Her eyes brightened and she flashed him a huge grin "That means I get to beat your ass?"
He raised an eyebrow "you're supposed to say that you want to kick the weird dude's asses not mine"
"I can handle those guys with a broom I want to handle you--" she frowned "ok, that sounded weird"
"…yeah" he chuckled
"What I meant was that I still have to beat your sorry ass for hiding this freaky thing inside me”
“…yeah, I’m sorry about that…” he mumbled, he suddenly seemed down “I didn’t want to drag you with me”
“Ok, enough of this, I was kidding, I’m not mad because you hid the thing in me, it’s not like they know, so please be back to your happy self” she said… kind of begged him. She didn’t want to see him sad… it bothered her when he was sad… why? She didn’t know.
“but—”
“shhhh!! Look I don’t feel the thing; it just stops me from dreaming”
“yeah, but you said you could feel something—”
“so?... that can’t be bad, can it?”
“I’m not sure yet, but It can’t be good either”
He was looking down while they were walking. He looked depressed… can gods get depressed? Apparently yes. She stopped walking. He stopped walking too and looked at her confused.
“do I look sad?”
He shook his head, a bit unsure of what she was doing.
“do I look in pain?”
“no” he shook his head again
“do I look mad?”
“right now? … yes”
“Urgh!” she gave a frustrated sigh “NO! I’M NOT!!”she snapped “Look, at first yes, it bugged me off a little, because you did it without my concern, but now I’m not, in fact I find it thrilling!!”
He frowned and gave her the you’re-weird-look
“Yes! I’m weird, I know, the thing is—” she was cut off by his laughter
“That was what I wanted!”She said, a bit unsure of why he was laughing, but she smiled anyway.
“I wanted you to be back to your happy self, but may I ask why you’re laughing?”
“you— ha! Ha!— you look cute— ha! When you’re mad haha!” he tried to say
She chuckled “he thinks I’m cute?” she thought and blushed… then she frowned “Why the hell am I blushing!!!???”